Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 11:23 PM
Default The longest sim family played
After reading this Artical http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...-182343243.html it got me thinking what is the longest sim family you ever played
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 11:29 PM
I've gotten to about 11 generations over several weeks, but damn, I hope I have more to do in life than play the same game for 10 YEARS.
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 12:46 AM
6th generation week 52 so far...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 1:41 AM
Round robin to generation 30-ish, I remember. With TS2. In TS3, I've never gone longer than six months with a family.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 1:43 AM
I've only ever gotten as far as 3 generations before.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 2:43 PM
The farthest I've ever gotten is into the fifth generation with two or three families. That was when the game would either glitch and I'd give up, or I just got sick of it and wanted to play something new (I don't like playing more than one family at once).
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 4:39 PM
I think I got to around the 15th generation on one family, though around generation 13 I moved the potential heirs to a new town and lost the previous family tree (for that specific family; I still have the save from before they left).

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 7:07 PM
week 20ish generation 2 were still teens then It broke. my current game is like 7 weeks in.
Space Pony
#9 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 10:13 PM
Generation Four before my game decided to not work anymore.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 10:33 PM
I play my jungle camp for more than one and a half years. I don't play with aging on.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 10:43 PM
I've only gotten past the first generation in all of my games
I get so tired of the kids growing up and moving out in the second generation, and just want to start over

But could you imagine what Sunset Valley would look like if you played the town for 10 years?!
Imagine the family trees!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 11:06 PM
I played up to 8 generations then my game broke.Had to reinstall and start over right now I'm on generation 5 hoping I can atleast get to 10.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 3:11 PM
I got to generation 7 on my Rainbowcy before my game decided to corrupt.

Accidental Murder
Theorist
#14 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 3:22 PM
From a range of generations of 1 to 1, the longest family I play is usually less than a week.

I do a lot of restart and redoes with the families/household I create though
Theorist
#15 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 4:02 PM
For me in Sims 2, Gen 10 I think or my legacy. In Sims 3, highest I've gotten was Gen 5 then my hard drive got chewed up by a virus and I had to get a new drive. Since then I haven't started up a new legacy. I have a bad habit of starting new all the time. In Sims 2, I used to do the uninstall/reinstall a lot and so far with Sims 3, I've done it 4 times - losing the hard drive doesn't count though

For my hubby in Sims 2 I think he got to Gen 20 with his families. In Sims 3, he's up to Gen 17... I think. That's the highest generation and I think it's his Bridgeport family. His Sunset Valley family is only Gen 12. Riverview and Twinbrooks are at least Gen 10. He plays legacy in every EA hood/world with his family. He also doesn't play as often as I do. Just an interesting note about his game - he installed the game on launch day and started his SV family, then he got RV and started that one and he's never had to reinstall/uninstall his game so they're all original families.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:45 PM
40-something. I lost track coz that meteor sonofabith killed the only remaining person in my legacy house, and I stupidly saved it. I am smart.

Hey there! :)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 4:17 PM
I never played legacy style in TS2 so can't compare there. I'm doing my first legacy now and Generation 5 are teen/child right now. It's only taken me 10 months to get that far!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:30 PM
I've only ever gotten it to the 4th generation before the game starts crashing and is too bloated to play. Sigh. It's always the bugs that make me create a new family.
Theorist
#19 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:55 PM
I get bored with legacy families. I make them and have them on full free will. Then I go do my cleaning around the house, laundry, shower and whatever else and come back every half hour or so to save it. I do no intervention with my legacy families at all once I've created them and set them up in a house.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I get bored with legacy families. I make them and have them on full free will. Then I go do my cleaning around the house, laundry, shower and whatever else and come back every half hour or so to save it. I do no intervention with my legacy families at all once I've created them and set them up in a house.

Until I started writing/blogging their story, I didn't play them either. Now that I am developing them more, even if it's just in my head, I find them much more interesting.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Theorist
#21 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Until I started writing/blogging their story, I didn't play them either. Now that I am developing them more, even if it's just in my head, I find them much more interesting.

I'm a terrible story teller. I actually entertained that idea once but I got too many things going on to be bothered doing it. I have more fun playing my non-legacy game where it's no holds barred, all cheats allowed rules And if I'm not playing, I'm building and decorating which takes up a huge chunk of my time.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I'm a terrible story teller. I actually entertained that idea once but I got too many things going on to be bothered doing it. I have more fun playing my non-legacy game where it's no holds barred, all cheats allowed rules And if I'm not playing, I'm building and decorating which takes up a huge chunk of my time.

Yes, yes, very true! Granted, I started out playing the original legacy rules. Somehow it has morphed into a "just get through 10 generations and write a story to go with it" legacy. So, really, I'm not following too many rules.

I love to build, not so much decorate. I wish I had more time in real life. Between a job, dog, and husband I don't have much time for my 2-3 story ideas, contests, building, and world creation. Twallan, can I have a real life Relativity mod please?!

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 10:16 PM
The longest sim family I've ever played was about a year in real time. I got to three generations (the founders still having kids at this point too!) and they would still be alive had I not deleted everything when I made room for TS3. I miss TS2 so much...just not the box feel...I like the open world too much to go back...

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 11:38 PM
I still have almost all Sims I've had since I started playing TS2 seven years ago. I keep getting more Sims without getting rid of any, I've lost a few to glitches and not that many has died. I've never made it past four generations, which is as far as I've gotten on both TS2 and TS3.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 4:43 AM
While playing the sims 2, I think I got to 32 generations before stopping, and that was because I upgraded my computer and forgot to get the save game. *headdesk*. With the sims 3, I find legacy games to be so boring that I just have to go from household to household each generation. It takes a good deal longer. So I think I am about at generation 5 or so for Bridgeport, 8 for Twinbrook, and 11 for Riverview.

I am seriously thinking about reinstalling TS2 just so I can have a good old legacy.
Page 1 of 4