Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 5401 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:02 PM
Default Supernatural : Autonomy and making Hybrids
I made a new thread because the availability or not of these 2 aspects will have a big impact on gameplay of this EP, and considering there are more then 2 months left till the release and the Gurus are following these forums I wanted this to be more visible.

So, right now the creatures which have special abilities like the vampires and genies are not using by themselves those powers, they are behaving like normal sims. It would be so much cooler for vampires for example to try to bite you or genies to banish you and so on, right now it doesn't add any challenge if you choose to play them as non controlable sims. I now hope this aspect of the game will be fixed and add a little rush for your normal sim when they encouter the supernaturals.

The other big aspect demanded by players from this EP will be the possibility to have hybrids like in sims 2. But now there should be some kind of system like random ability inherited from parents or if parents are eating some kind of recipes or herbs/potions the kid to be more prone for inhering some abilities. This would be so cool !

If you guys want these 2 aspects in the game too please ask them in the upcoming chats with the gurus
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:05 PM
Yea that would be awesome

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:07 PM
i'd mod my game so the Werewolves are referred to as Lycans and replace they're look so they'll look more like Lycans. And then turn my selfsim into a Lycan and then get bitten by a vampire.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:18 PM
but if it won't be available ? right now only the normal sims can be bitten by vampire
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 11:12 PM
Mods are the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Well, that and 42.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 11:33 PM
Were there any hybrids in other sims games other than ghosts and whatever? I can't remember. I thought usually the child inherited from one parent so if you and a ghost and human, you either had a ghost baby or a human, etc. Isn't that how vampires work now? What about in other Sims series? It would seem to me that a hybrid would actually be a completely different creature so require that EA is willing to add several more creatures to an already full pack of creatures. They might do it...who knows.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 8:37 AM
In TS2, hybrid could easily be made (the original legacy challenge gave you a bonus point for having a sim with all the available supernatural elements). It was fairly common to see a few simmers with a hybrid, and the most convoluted I believe you could get was an Alien-Vampire-Werewolf-Plantsim-Witch (I have no idea if Zombie could be added in). Unlike TS3, the only one that was passed on genetically was alienism.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 8:41 AM
I hope so. I loved making alien warewolf vampire witches on the sims 2 Slap all the supernatural stuff on one sim!

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:44 PM
Oh my glob!
I would love to have a werewolf, vampire, witch hybrid o.o
My sim would be unstoppable! >:D
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm_nny
i'd mod my game so the Werewolves are referred to as Lycans and replace they're look so they'll look more like Lycans. And then turn my selfsim into a Lycan and then get bitten by a vampire.

I would love to have that mod in my game

Section jump