Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 6:04 PM
Why I want to enter;
I like building and furnishing houses, and I like doing it with a Sim in mind so it seems like fun! And the discipline of the competition will make me actually finish a project...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 9:56 PM
Hi,

I want to join because I have been doing floor plans and house design since TS2. I just LOOOOVE watching a floor plan come to life. The house that I choose is a TS2 design that I modified for TS3. It is an open floor plan with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, pool and play area for the kids outside.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovelydia101
I have noticed a couple of people have put in an application but with no pictures i am going to need pictures if I get over 10 applicants to choose the best.

You did see the pictures that I included with my application, correct? I can re-post them if necessary.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 5:30 AM
Default Application - Sims 2
Hey everybody! I wanna join because I probably decorate more than play the game itself, and I enjoy having actual prompts! Plus, I need to work on my building skills!

Call me Maria(:
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:08 PM

Why I want to join:
Creativity flourishes within bounds.
Like many builders, I will start a lot then leave it for dead in my "Lot Nursery", because the lot serves no purpose.
I hope to change that by competing.
My style is quirky-compact, often resulting in apartments, town homes, and duplexes (as pictured above),
Thus I have something different to bring to this compotition.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 12:46 AM Last edited by Dramamine : 29th Jun 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Why I want to enter:
I love building and designing, spend most of my time doing it, and I feel I have a unique but still chic design aesthetic. I would like to put my efforts out there into the community and hopefully do well with the challenges!

Here's my entry:

I feel I may have gone just a little overboard with the flowers... haha

Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 1:11 AM
Great entries everyone but it looks like we have reached over 10 entries and there still might be more so i'm sorry to say but not everyone will be getting in.

Some people are like slinkies not good for much but give you a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 5:08 AM
Hey, Id love to squeeze in if given the chance

Why I would like to join: Because I like to build houses that really reflect whomever will be inside Also I'm trying to become a member of the mts community rather than a lurker. :P
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 5:42 AM
The 30th is when the constants list will be up and round 1 if anyone is curious. So that will give you 2 more days to get your entries in.

Some people are like slinkies not good for much but give you a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 12:50 PM
Why the 30th? D= That means I won't even be able to get started until the 2nd. Oh well. At least I'll have Ambitions by then. I'm really hoping I'm on the contestants list. =D
Scholar
#36 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovelydia101
Great entries everyone but it looks like we have reached over 10 entries and there still might be more so i'm sorry to say but not everyone will be getting in.

You ARE allowed to have more than 10 contestants you know.
Quote:
You do not need 20 contestants for a successful contest. Many people close down their contest because there are only a few contestants who enter during the Application Round. As long as you have at least 10 contestants, you still have a good competition.
(emphasis mine)

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 11:42 PM
If the open judging spot is still open, ill be happy to fill it.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 1:15 AM
Alot of people are asking why can't I have more. 10 for me is just enough to handle and is already planned I'm sorry for the people who don't get in. I still have emergency judges open if they don't get in and are interested.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 1:49 AM
Hi there! I'd like to enter the contest. I haven't done one of these contests before, but I really enjoy building. It would be even more fun to show off what I've made, and I'm really interested to get feedback and suggestions from others.

Here is a house I made for a rich musician named Brad. He likes to garden in his spare time.

And this is his bedroom. Directly behind the camera is the little balcony where he can go out and stargaze through his telescope.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 1:52 AM
By the way, noteardrops, I like your house! The shape of it and the grey bricks make it look startlingly like the house I grew up in.
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:47 AM
Can I Enter?
Hey I'm new to this forum site but i own every sims 3 game and sims 2 game. I am in love with the game and use it specifically to build houses ect. I would love to enter this contest if possible? I haven't entered any competitions for the sims but i make at least 3 houses a week. I hope to be an architect, so this would be great practice. Let me know if i can enter. I would attache a picture of my houses, but currently i am on a computer that doesn't have my sims game son it. I will try posting some for you later Thanks!
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:48 AM
can i please be an emergency judge if you have already chosen the competitors?
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 6:26 AM

Why I want to join:

This is the first competition I've joined and like to take this opportunity to get to know the community a little more. Designing houses is actually the main reason I play the Sims 3, as there is such a variety of options. The other reason why I'd like to join is because it will provide inspiration for both myself and others. I think I may have attached my photos twice... Sorry for that.
Screenshots

Anger is like drinking your own poison and expecting the other person to die
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#44 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 10:07 AM
Here is my entry to the competition. I'm a Sims 2 builder

Reason for entering:
I love building and creating all types of lots for Sims from residential to community. I love seeing how the home that I build comes from nothing to something that sims would like to live in. I like my homes to be reasonably realistic too.

Note: I am on holiday from 30 June to 15 July and won't have access to my game, so if I'm lucky enough to be picked can I have an extension please?

So here is the outside of Luton House and and the Master Bedroom Suite (it has a seating nook in the corner, which you can't see, there is a door off to the left which, leads to the bathroom and dressing room).
Screenshots
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 7:53 PM
I think I'll go for this one~ I haven't taken part in a competition here yet
This monstrosity is a recent victorian mansion I built, 'twas for a friend's rather large household... Not sure if you wanted us to build a NEW house or just showcase one we already had, but I really like this one (victorian style is fun!) so I thought it'd be nice to show off.

Here's the front, please ignore the lines on the roof, it's a technical glitch, I'd written a mod that fixed it but I haven't updated it yet so I don't want to use it and take any chances with 1.33... (last time I did that I lost all my saves D: )

Warning: she asked for the house to be built in reds, whites, and pinks, so if you're not manly enough for it, shield your eyes now!

And here's my favorite room, I love to cook, so I bring you the kitchen! Excuse schoolgirl sim, she won't leave the chair for some reason D: So I just took the screenshot with her. (BTW the stove and fridge are there but not pictured...I liked it better at this angle but then I couldn't feature them, they're colored just like the rest of the kitchen and there's cabinets over them)

Why I want to enter:
I love building, and I build all my friends' houses for them, but I'm a horrible interior decorator! It's really hard not to put everything in a straight line, my friends say it's just a personality trait of mine but it's really annoying! I thought maybe a competition like this one would help me improve!

I hope you like~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:28 AM
The contestants list is up and soon i'll post round 1. I'm sorry for the people who didn't get in it's my first time and I kinda want to make sure I don't muck anything up so have only 10 contestants would help me with that. Round 1 will have traits wich is a sims 3 feature but is easy to understand but if any of the sims 2 contestants don't really get it I'll be happy to help or give a sims 2 list.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:52 AM Last edited by lovelydia101 : 13th Jul 2012 at 12:50 AM.

The Sims

Names: Claire Michaels, Danny Jefferson
Ages: 23, 21
Bio: Claire and Danny are engaged and have decided to move to the city so they can finish there art study.

House Requirements

What they want: Claire and Danny want an urban artistic wonderland in a 2 bedroom modern house.

Traits: Artistic, Natural Cook, Party Animal, Rebellious, Neat

Colours: Black, Grey, Brown

Objects 1 Canvas, 1 Computer, 1 Spa

Due: 18th of July

Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 3:17 PM Last edited by ladypieta : 1st Jul 2012 at 3:02 AM.
Can you post a date that the entries are due? I didn't see it on the first page. Thanks! ~Pieta

Edited: Thanks for adding the due date! ~Pieta
Forum Resident
#49 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 11:29 PM
Ohooh, too bad I missed this and am too late to participate. Would have been fun.
I have an idea for the people that noticed too late also or did not make it to the first round. Bút I want to ask first here. I don't want to step on any toes.
I would like to participate 'on the side' and for everyone that wants to do that outside of the contest.
It means we follow the requirements that are given here for the round. (See round 1 that is already up)
But just for fun without the house being judged by a jury ánd we post in a different topic, certainly not here.
There will be no special day to deliver/post your house in the to be started topic. You can do from when the topic starts until round 2 is coming up. Then go on with that. But if you only want to do one round, that is oké too. No obligation to do all rounds.
If that is oké with the contest starter and contestants I open that topic so everyone, who wants, will have fun with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjamsim2love
Ohooh, too bad I missed this and am too late to participate. Would have been fun.
I have an idea for the people that noticed too late also or did not make it to the first round. Bút I want to ask first here. I don't want to step on any toes.
I would like to participate 'on the side' and for everyone that wants to do that outside of the contest.
It means we follow the requirements that are given here for the round. (See round 1 that is already up)
But just for fun without the house being judged by a jury ánd we post in a different topic, certainly not here.
There will be no special day to deliver/post your house in the to be started topic. You can do from when the topic starts until round 2 is coming up. Then go on with that. But if you only want to do one round, that is oké too. No obligation to do all rounds.
If that is oké with the contest starter and contestants I open that topic so everyone, who wants, will have fun with it.

That's ok you can do that.

Page 2 of 5