Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#14226 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:05 PM
Oh, so hi. I died for a while, and lifes kinda shitty right now.... But I now have a shiney new simmy game all set up on my nearly-new-but-nearly-a-year-old laptop. I'm currently on gen 4 of a non-blogged dilute the ugly challenge, but when I get someone pretty I'm gunna move them to a different world and start a RL again. I'll probably blog, it's hard not to blog this one lol. But anyway, unfortunately both my PC and laptop died last year, so the Mattells are long dead (if anyone even remembers them). I will be admitting that on their blog at some point, but it still kinda hurts cus I loved them. (obviously I can download the sims from my own blog, but it's not the same really. They may popup as townies in my future RL though)

Anyway, I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do, sorry. But hi.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Advertisement
#14227 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:52 PM Last edited by ShakespearesSunshyne : 5th Sep 2015 at 6:52 PM. Reason: eager beaver hits post before finishing the post
*hugs for Gemma!!! yay!

*hugs for MommyIce too.

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#14228 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 8:34 PM
*more hugs for Gemma* It's nice to see you around again, I hope you stick around! Sorry to hear that the Mattells are gone, though, that's sad.

@MommyIce---oh dear! I hope your hubby was able to find your files. *hugs*

Opened up my legacy save, did a save as, because I have more staged pics to take, but both of those saves are crashing after about 20 minutes. It's so annoying!! I'd just about get everyone into position---crash! Get through CAS and go to save, crash! Edit the town to add a community lot I need, crash! It was quickly using up my very low reserves of patience, lol So, after fighting with it for 3 days (no idea where the patience for that came from, ha!) I finally decided to just start a new save. I saved the main family in their house, and plopped it into a new Sunlit Tides. So far, the crashing is gone. I'm going to miss my Alder/Ryder updates though---they aren't coming into this save.

I did have this funny thought about writing what they've been up to in Faeland---really the only thing that stops me, I haven't found a suitable faery world, ha!

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Lab Assistant
#14229 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 9:02 PM
Hi all. I'm still thinking about details for my time-progression legacy. I'm thinking about shortening the lifespan of the first few generations, or of adding some kind of random calamity roll. Some odds of rolling no calamities, some odds of a sudden death in the family, some odds of a sim losing a limb... I think I might be overthinking this whole thing.

Call me Amanda.
Field Researcher
#14230 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 9:44 PM
*rubs eyes out of disbelief* Gemma?! Gemma! *piles on more hugs* I'm happy to see that you're alright (even if life's a bit heavy) ^-^

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#14231 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:18 AM
@Amanda---have you thought about adding in this: Do It As You Go Challenge ?

Sometimes I use the event roller just to give me ideas, lol I don't stick with the every 3 days rule, because I fail at keeping track of sim days when I am playing.

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#14232 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 7:37 AM
@Mommyice Oh no! That's awful; hope you can find the files.

@Gemma *hugs* and nice to see you again! Hopefully things will turn around for you.
Lab Assistant
#14233 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 7:53 PM Last edited by urunwa : 7th Sep 2015 at 2:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Oh, so hi. I died for a while, and lifes kinda shitty right now....

Hi and welcome back, sorry about the shitty life

And as an edit; new chapter: 2.22 I hate your face
Scholar
Original Poster
#14234 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 3:34 PM
I like that we're all still using the same avatars. It adds consistency to my life.

Hugs, everyone who needs it!
Scholar
#14235 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
I like that we're all still using the same avatars. It adds consistency to my life.

lol, me too. It makes it much easier coming back as i remember pictures far easier than a lot of usernames... Although I think most of yours are ingrained on the brain by now

Thanks for the hugs and stuff everyone, it's nice to be loved hehe. Don't expect me around properly until after christmas, I know it seems ages away but between now and then an awful lot is about to happen in my life. Including moving house for about the 11 hundreth time since I joined MTS. *sigh* Lets hope my simmys survive this move!
*hugs back to all*

Edit: I had always wondered what the 'add bacon' button did. I am still unaware...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#14236 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 6:44 PM
Gemma!!! Welcome - sort of - back!

Said the non-random legacy blogging lurker.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Lab Assistant
#14237 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:14 PM
Hi, y'all! I've been working on a separate, non-blogging legacy file, so I haven't been updating my blog, but I just wanted to pop by and let everyone know I'm still here ;P I'll get back to the Hand family eventually I'm sure, although I'm not too certain where I was going with the plot, lol. Still, I'm way to attached to my sims to just abandon them!

I also have a question; under the living green rolls, you're not allowed to buy new furniture, but are lifetime reward objects like the pet hygeinator (sp?) or the collection helper allowed? My sim is an animal wrangler, and having the collection helper would really - well, help. Haha. Also my cat got fleas and we don't have a tub, hence the pet hygeinator DX

Call me Mud, if you like.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14238 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:33 PM
If your really want those things, your excuse can be the Collection Helper is a work expense, and denying your pets the hygiene thing would be like denying your humans their showers.
Test Subject
#14239 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 1:21 PM
Hey, I started my first random legacy a few days ago, and had some trouble remembering the rules... Therefore, I accidentally purchased the inheritance reward..twice. I moved my family into a bigger house, but now almost all of the challenge is lost. Do you have any tips on how to increase the challenge again, without moving out?
Scholar
#14240 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuurngait
Hey, I started my first random legacy a few days ago, and had some trouble remembering the rules... Therefore, I accidentally purchased the inheritance reward..twice. I moved my family into a bigger house, but now almost all of the challenge is lost. Do you have any tips on how to increase the challenge again, without moving out?

- Give your sims an obsession with collecting. Paintings, expensive sculptures... cars.
- Redecorate the whole house and purchase expensive furniture
- Buy expensive homes for your spares
- Take up a skill or three (doesn't affect money. But does add to the challenge)
- Partner with community buildings
- Buy community lots like parks and redecorate

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#14241 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 12:03 AM
Thanks all! I got my new, pretty, sparkly computer & have been going through and downloading everything I need (for Sims and real life). Jeez.. there's more stuff I keep realizing I need to download every day!

My husband still hasn't looked at my old harddrive. (Grrr... impatient.) He teased me that he would get to it in a few years so that I'd quit playing Sims. I told him I'd just start a new family. Lol, Whether or not that's in real life or not depends completely on him!
Lab Assistant
#14242 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nirar22
@Amanda---have you thought about adding in this: Do It As You Go Challenge ?

Sometimes I use the event roller just to give me ideas, lol I don't stick with the every 3 days rule, because I fail at keeping track of sim days when I am playing.

This is great! Thank you!

Call me Amanda.
Field Researcher
#14243 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nirar22

I LOVE this! It reminds me of the random occurrence rolls that I used with Sims 2. Because sometimes you just want a little random thrown into a legacy that's feeling repetitive!
#14244 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 4:03 AM
8 million years later...

Chapter 3.14-Painful Reflections
In which I mess up the order of what's going on so sometimes the trees are fully decked out for fall, and sometimes they're only half fall/half summer.

The DIY challenge has lots of great ideas. I ended up making my own spreadsheet for it, adding lots of events from the later EPs. It's great spice for any challenge that's gone a little stale.

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Lab Assistant
#14245 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 3:17 PM Last edited by Big Mud : 15th Sep 2015 at 10:08 AM.
I think I'm going to start a new legacy sometime soonish, I have some free time and I miss blogging. I toyed with the idea of returning to the Hands, and I still might in the future, but honestly I've completely forgotten where I was going with the plot and my old save file took about 20 minutes to load up DX. I just can't deal with that right now, lol.

EDIT: Adding a link to my blog and first chapter!

The Gallant Legacy Blog Chapter 1: Assimilation

Inventor
#14246 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 10:42 PM
Jumping on the update train here!

Chapter 2: Life and Loss

EDIT: Just read your first chapter Big Mud. I like it! Keep up the good work!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#14247 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 2:06 AM
Thanks Duckie! I enjoyed your chapters as well. I've never played mermaids, so it's cool seeing how different they are from human sims.

I have a second chapter up, Chapter 2: Busking Housewife

Inventor
#14248 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 4:22 AM Last edited by PSDuckie : 16th Sep 2015 at 5:03 AM.
Thanks! I have most of chapter 3 worked out in my head (it's going to be a scripted chapter, which I don't usually do) but I do have a rules question for those who know that kind of thing.

It's regarding the adopted child for the Mixed Couple roll. I'm toying with the idea of making the mother and father in CAS, using MC to spawn the baby, and just seeing how the traits fall. (I don't want to spoil too much, but I am introducing that character in chapter 3.) I'm just wondering if that is RLC-legal, and if not, how I could make it RLC-legal.

Field Researcher
#14249 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 6:15 AM
@PSDuckie That doesn't really sound like it's against the rules, although it may be doing it in a more difficult way than necessary. If you want the child to look a certain way, you could just adopt a baby, take them into CAS with master controller and change their looks by aging them to YA and aging them back down afterwards.

I have an update: Chapter 6.2 "Reading Time"
Very glad to finally be on the 6th generation.
Inventor
#14250 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherfeather19
@PSDuckie That doesn't really sound like it's against the rules, although it may be doing it in a more difficult way than necessary. If you want the child to look a certain way, you could just adopt a baby, take them into CAS with master controller and change their looks by aging them to YA and aging them back down afterwards.

Thanks! Like I said, I don't want to spoil anything more than necessary. But doing it the way you suggested would not work with the storyline I have planned.

Page 570 of 676