Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#15026 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 8:14 PM
@FutureCarrie? Thank you! That's how I understood the rules, but I wasn't sure if I was correct or not, so I wanted other's opinion on that.

It's turning out really well. It's free for anyone to join, it started with just me and one other simmer. So far, 5 other simmers has joined in and we're having a lot of fun watching Kat have different lives.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15027 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 12:32 AM Last edited by MommyIce : 17th Feb 2017 at 5:39 AM.
Alright - so I made my decision! Boy, was it difficult! I've got a new update - Change of Scenery - so who do you think is going to move out? Liz and Moudy? Or newlywed Cheri?

Also, for anyone reading my Wishacy, my 3rd generation Founder got whisked to a new World. Not in Monte Vista Anymore...
Lab Assistant
#15028 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM
Was gone for a few days but I hope I can get a new update done this weekend! Why are weekends always over so quickly though...

@PSDuckie I'm pretty jealous of your rolls, lol. And the combination of fancy nectar making and dumpster diving sounds hilarious! :p
Inventor
#15029 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
@PSDuckie I'm pretty jealous of your rolls, lol. And the combination of fancy nectar making and dumpster diving sounds hilarious! :p

You're right; it is kinda funny! I might end up having the nectar maker not make quite as fancy nectar just because it would make more sense, but still.

And those were very good rolls for a Gen 1! Since I'm planning on doing a custom build for the RLC house, the It's So YOU! roll will be easy. Really, the only roll I got that I don't really like is Party to Remember, but still, even that could be worse. I don't know how I would be able to do Property Mogul, for example, in Gen 1.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
#15030 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:11 AM
Going out with pals - Another update for the Black-Wolffs!

Dumpster Diving is awesome! I thought I was going to HATE it! But, I really like having Moudy fix up some of the furniture he gets!
Instructor
#15031 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:25 AM
I hope I roll dumpster diver soon 'cause it seems awesome. :o But I have a career I'm really NOT looking forward to for generation two of the Bees, so maybe this is a case of the grass seeming greener on the other side.

Anyway, I have an update:
1.28. A Garden You Never Get to See

I'll catch up with updates tomorrow! My internet has been spotty, but we just got a new modem so hopefully I'll have a more reliable internet connection soon.

Scholar
#15032 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:16 AM
here is Chapter 1 of my new Legacy.
Test Subject
#15033 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:51 PM
Maybe I have said this before but this looks interesting and I may start this soon.
Field Researcher
#15034 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:50 PM
I have an update! Two in one month, I'm on a freaking roll xD
Update: Chapter 3.40 Rip off the Plaster in which I use this phrase waaaaaaay too often for one chapter.

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#15035 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 8:37 PM
Uh oh, Jason sets off some fireworks in this update! Fireworks...

Instructor
#15036 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 1:40 AM
My concern about that job roll I mentioned earlier may have been for nought--I played a couple of sim days into generation two last night and it turned out to be really fun. I don't like to know rolls when I read people's blogs until they show up because I'm weird, so that job is

So my next problem is how to start the next damn generation. I'm afraid I got a little too wordy towards the end of generation one, so I don't know whether to start with a ~*drama*~ heavy chapter or just a tidy little table-setting chapter.

Inventor
#15037 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
My concern about that job roll I mentioned earlier may have been for nought--I played a couple of sim days into generation two last night and it turned out to be really fun. I don't like to know rolls when I read people's blogs until they show up because I'm weird, so that job is

So my next problem is how to start the next damn generation. I'm afraid I got a little too wordy towards the end of generation one, so I don't know whether to start with a ~*drama*~ heavy chapter or just a tidy little table-setting chapter.

I normally don't reveal my rolls until they appear in the storyline, but I decided to make an exception for this time because I was so excited about the rolls I got.

And Owly, regardless of whether you make a drama-heavy chapter or a table-setting chapter, I know it will be good and I look forward to reading it!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#15038 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 1:31 AM
I had a sim in that job in my Hand legacy, Owl. It's definitely crappy in terms of money - I didnt' try very hard, and I don't think my sim actually made any money at all, whoops. But it can be a fun roll to build a character around, I think!

Call me Mud, if you like.
Lab Assistant
#15039 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chorok.ipseh
Hello!

So after about a month of lurking and privately writing a story, I finally managed to find the courage to post. First and foremost, I just want to tell everyone how much I've been enjoying reading everyone's blogs. Now that I've managed to post on the thread, I guess I'll go and comment on people's blogs too-.

Couple weeks ago I made a blog for my story, but kept it super private and all to myself. I've written up to 8 chapters already, but never felt ready to show it to other people. Now... I guess I am?
I'm currently going over my posts and doing some edits. I have the first two chapters done and publicly posted!
Here is the first chapter of my legacy: Chapter 1.1: A cold wind was blowing from the north

Silvia may be my sims' long lost sister! but anyways, I like your writing style, its similar to others but it still has a unique vibe.
Field Researcher
#15040 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:16 AM
I come with another update! I've had lots of time for playing since I had my wisdom teeth removed. For some reason, I assumed that since it was just a 30 minute procedure that recovery was going to be simple. Oi! It's been 2 weeks now and I can't wait to feel normal again!

Apple Martinis - I have never played with Mixology before and it's taking me awhile to figure it all out! I used Liz's lifetime happiness rewards to make her LTW be Master Mixologist. I'm about halfway there! Moudy has already fulfilled his LTW of Living in the Lap of Luxury. Good thing he became Jason's roommate!

I also have a few updates for my Undercover Asylum and my Wishing Star Wishacy (for those that read them!)
Test Subject
#15041 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:26 PM
Hi there,

I'm just about to start a new random legacy in TS3 (came across this whole challenge thing a couple of weeks ago and have begun my TS4 one already...but miss pets and cars and snow...) so I have one question:
Do you start with the cash you get that creating a new family gives you? Or do you start with your sims in a field like in TS4 one? Because it seems too easy...or is that the point? I'm so confused but really want to get going with it. I have been reading and re-reading the rules for 2 days now but can't find the answer anywhere...

Thanks guys!
Field Researcher
#15042 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 5:14 PM
I'd say start with the money given otherwise it's going to be rather difficult (I think at least) unless if your sims sleep in the firestation and eat from the fridge there and stuff. But hey, if you want the extra challenge you go for it ^-^

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#15043 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:45 PM
In the original/first legacy challenge you are supposed to start off by purchasing the biggest lot in town. The purchase of such a huge lot makes it so that you start off with basically no money. You could do that if you want to, but in this challenge you aren't required to purchase any particular lot. So if you buy a small lot, you will probably have enough to build a small house. Or you can purchase a premade house if you have enough money for it.
Lab Assistant
#15044 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 11:12 PM
I suppose the point of a RLC isn't really to be difficult money-wise (though it may well be, depending on your rolls). I think to most of us it's more about playing with all the things the game has to offer that we wouldn't have tried otherwise And then there's the best part: somehow weaving all the randomness into a story! Which conveniently leads me to...

A new chapter!
Gen 7 Ch 3: Dream World
Instructor
#15045 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:08 PM
Happy Friday, everyone! (if it's still Friday where you are, that is). I have an update, the first of generation two:
2.1. Duplicitous

I ended up going with a mix between drama and table-setting. xD

Field Researcher
#15046 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:49 AM
Kids tucked into bed. Check. Wine sipped. Done. Update finished. Check.

There's No Fixing This - *facepalm* Sunset Valley is a mess now! Jason feels like there's an anvil waiting to drop on his head - probably because there is. His mid-life crisis is officially over, & the after-effects are either going to ripple gently or implode.

Giovani Modena gets a quick cameo in this update as well! (I told you I had plans for him!!)
Scholar
#15047 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:51 AM
I have another update, Chapter Two
Instructor
#15048 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:02 AM
So something weird just happened in my game: the Bee-Oskarsson household was randomly given 19600 simoleons. It was 4ish in the morning, everyone was asleep, and I had just gotten a few pop-ups notifying my of some StoryProgression stuff and then suddenly almost 20k popped up. So my question is: what the hell? Anyone know what could have caused this? I guess I should use familyfunds to delete it or something....

Lab Assistant
#15049 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:29 AM
@Owly: Yeah, I'd just delete it with familyfunds. I have no idea what causes this but it happened to me tooin previous games, just getting a couple of thousands simoleons out of nowhere!

Sorry this update took so long, first I was busy in real-life and when I finally had the time to do it my internet connection stopped cooperating.... I also wanted to add an overview over the cat litters but I guess that'll have to wait until next week, argh :/

1.6 - Cat ladies and dog people

What lifespans do you all play on? I'm curious because I'd like to go into a little more detail/actual story in the future, but I play with slightly adjusted normal lifespan (92 days) and they age up so quickly!
Instructor
#15050 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:44 AM
D'aww, I was hoping you'd tell me I got to keep the money. XD I Nikolas will have to earn it back somehow. >

I set my sim's lifespans to long (185 days total). I also used Retuner to set pregnancy to five days, just so there'd be some more picture opportunities.

Page 602 of 676