Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 2532 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 7:38 AM
Default Building Unowned Community Lots
Hey,

I have started building some community lots and it has come to my attention that if no one buys them they are run by automatically generated sims.

My problem is that when people go to visit these community lots, nothing is for sale. Is there a way to make stuff for sale in an unowned community lot not built by maxis. Or do custom built community lots require to be owned by a controlled sim?

Any help would be nice because I would like the ability to have some community lots which I have built and are run by automated sims and have items set for sale. Thanks.

Cameron
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 7:49 AM
I believe the only things that can be sold on a lot as you described are the items that come with the game or expansions. Groceries, cologne , jewelry , clothes , souvenirs ,magazines , games and anything else I'm forgetting.
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:03 AM
For selling things like sofa, table, or whatever, the community lot must be owned, and the owner must not be at the community lot when the game is saved, or else other controlled sims cannot visit the lot.

Hey there! :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:14 AM
Thanks for the helpful advice!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:53 PM
I remember someone made a tutorial for non-playables owning community lots. That way, the lot will appear as if no one is owning it, but it is still being owned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M.A.A.
I remember someone made a tutorial for non-playables owning community lots. That way, the lot will appear as if no one is owning it, but it is still being owned.

If you could perhaps find this tutorial and link it to this thread that would be great.

Section jump