Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:57 PM
Default The golden age of hollywood
some Critics say that the world of entertainment met its peak at the end of the 1960's. Do you agree and if say whats your favourtie film, singer, actor or comedian of this "golden age"?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 8:22 PM
When I think of Golden Hollywood I immediately think of musicals and historical movies, and the top three (probably my favorite movies ever) are Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz and the best, The Sound of Music.

I don't know if it's the soundtrack, the setting (very close to my hometown), the nuns or what, I just simply adore it.

My favorite actors are Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, Judy Garland and probably Gregory Peck.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 10:13 PM
I love Elvis... I have songs on my ipod by him that I didn't buy as a joke... (I know that may be perfectly normal for some, but not me considering I'm 13.) My all time favorite song by him is "(you're the) Devil in Disguise". It was my favorite song no doubt at the time when all my friends loved Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana. I still liked them, (hey, I was really young, don't hate) but for me, nothing could top the king.

So... yes. Go 60's. I think it was the peak not just for entertainment, but for general pop culture. Guys, look up some 60's slang, it's pretty bitchin' awesome. (If you know some, you will see what I just did there)

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 12:21 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 5th Jul 2012 at 12:43 AM.
I think good movies appear in every era - two of my favorites are Bringing Up Baby (1938) and Harvey (1950). But the 60s had some really good films - Easy Rider, Psycho, Hard Day's Night, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, The Lion in Winter, Midnight Cowboy. It had a lot of shitty ones too, I'm sure.

@ Piggypeach - some 60s slang I remember hearing: bummer, far out, groovy, heavy.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:23 PM
Default what I dig.
I personaly get a kick from the Summit (Sinatra's Rat pack) as they were all gifted for different things. Sinatra of course being known as one of the greatest singers theres been and also a decent actor, Dean Martin who was part of one the best comedy duo's plus was a good singer and actor and etc as i dont want to bore anyone with the other three members