Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 11:44 AM
wow this is amazing.

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 11:38 PM
I've been thinking about your funnels (a weird sentence but, it's true). Cyclonesue at T$R has recently made her castle tower columns free and they are cas-able- i've experimented and i think they do the job rather well.. what do you think? http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...ault/id/936007/ If you look at the fourth picture you'll see the set includes two thick round columns, the biggest and thickest ive found. Im sure you could use the omsp and the fogemitter to have steam coming out of it..
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 5:21 AM
Yay, amazing project! Really great,! congratulations!!!
dodgy builder
#54 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:46 PM
You can't use Cyclonsue on MTS, free or not. I just through in an insane idea. What about agricultural silo's?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:18 AM Last edited by zelda101 : 6th Jan 2013 at 10:22 AM.
Wow, it's really been a while,
but I'm bouncing back working on the project more and more.

I ended up working on the staircase.. again.

And I did the reception room! Well I can only fit half of the room to build. But here it is!

What do you guys think?

Come checkout my Project Titanic on Sims 3!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 7:25 AM
I love it and cant wait to try it out. Do you still need objects for the game? If you can find someone to assist me, I can make the meshes and give to someone the .OBJs to work into game workable files.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#57 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 11:49 AM
This project is really looking more interesting everyday. You have done such a great job on this. keep it going
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 6:37 AM Last edited by zelda101 : 11th Jan 2013 at 12:03 AM.
Hey if anyone wants this lot of the ship to test out,
here's the link. It's not really finished! It's just a sample.

http://www.4shared.com/file/etpszAZ1/Titanic_2.html

And keep in mind there's 4 more lots to complete the ship! Collect em all!

This is how I did the ship. I put walls along the windows so it creates the illusion that the room is lit.

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:47 PM
Hey Zelda great amazing work - those pics of the first class reception are incredible... just perfect. What objects do you still need? maybe a list would help creators like Kitty to work out what you need to complete it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:38 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 9th Jan 2013 at 10:44 PM.
I'm trying to find any objects on the net like the chandeliers, no luck :/
if anyone knows what I mean it's this lighting fixture..

And I was trying to attempt meshing the fence/railings for the grand staircase, which turned out to be a fail.

And I was also looking for a piece of the front of the ship with matching railing, still no luck. :S

And maybe the wooden columns, but this could be optional.

so it's just these really that I can think of at the moment..
is it asking for too much? :S I can help out anyone with texturing.

Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 9:48 PM
Default Looks great! A little advice...
I download the section of the ship to the Sims 3 and it looks great. There are a few things I would like to point out that will help this model be more accurate. The floor tiles in the grand staircase should be spaced out with 3 white tiles.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:51 PM
Well you can imagine it would be harder to do, since I used CAP which needs the edges to match each other, and making it further spread out is something that I imagine could be time-consuming. It's as closest to the real thing that I can make it at the moment.

Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 11:03 PM
I think it looks amazing anyway! Do have an idea of when all the lots may be completed?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:09 AM
Heya zelda, I couldnt reply to your message because your inbox is full. I can make the light fixture but only the .obj, after that it will need someone who knows what to do with the file for game use. I wont be able to start on it for a minimum of a week now, work is doing inventory now and I wont be doing much but sleep, eat, work, lol. I imagine I can have it completed within 2 days though. So I can maybe have it within the month.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:57 AM
The current railings and light fixtures look fine to me!
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:55 PM
Hello Zelda ! It's really starts to look great the last pics of the reception room are perfection !!! As you maybe know I'm also doing the Titanic, http://simsalamalin.blogspot.se/
Your exterior is so much better than mine !

Btw I found a column for the staircase, it's almost the right one, http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...d/1179625/..but it was a bit to small :/
Alchemist
#67 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 7:39 PM
Missflirty, that collumn sadly isn't allowed to be used if Zelda's about to upload it because it's not free
Your version looks very nice, too Just the pipes appear really huge.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#68 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:25 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 10th Jan 2013 at 9:41 PM.
missflirty, Nice work! I seen it, but I think the outside isn't accurate all that much, I followed my lot extensively using pictures and blueprints, it's good though! And those columns are great! But it's a shame it's not free, like buying a $50 game isn't enough :/

BourgeoisBanana, yeah it'll do, but for accuracy's sake I wanted it to be as close to the real thing as I can make it. And the grand staircase I feel is the main attraction to the project, as I made a bold decision to limit what I furnish now. It's too much cc for people to download, and it's already confusing to list what I used so far. And that's the reason why I remade the ship several times. I'll post a picture of the floor plans after I load the game.

brendanm999, Well once I did upload a test lot of the second part a few posts ago. And that's near done, and right now, I'm working on the third part to furnish the third lot with the 1st class lounge the same way as before (I posted pics of it a while back) and I don't know if I should do the dinning room because it's just too much cc and really time consuming. That room is HUGE. And I'm going to furnish a few staterooms, and the hallways. And when I'm done that I'll work on the 4th which includes the smoking room and possibly the verandah court.

For the rooms that I'm not using, I blacked them out the same way EA does with the apartment buildings.

Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 11:24 PM
No, I know that got tired after making 40 boats, so I just quit trying... I'm more for the interior, and want that to be as good as it can be.. Like the Rose suite, can't come any closer than that And yes, the pipes are to big, but i just wanted something there, to get a feeling that it was titanic..
I know, but i found two webbsites that you can get some of the stuff for free... I hate that you have to pay for really good things :/

But anyway, I'm working on the grand staircase floor tiles now, because mine is not very good, and the one that you used is to small, and because of that it was a little to much.. So I'm making my own
I downloaded your "testversion" and it was stunning ! Good work :D
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 1:58 AM
What do you guys think about the floor tile ?
http://simsalamalin.blogspot.se/201...-staircase.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 3:27 AM
I ended up doing the dinning room after all, it's still not done, and I also redid another pattern for the tiles. The room is so expensive, the lot will cost over 1 million by the time I'm done this part.

Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 3:10 PM
Amazing Zelda !!!
Please write me back :D
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 8:54 AM
Goodness, this is simply amazing! You're doing a great job! I really can't wait for it to be finished, it's quite accurate to, which is impressive for the sims :P
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 11:26 AM
the floor tiles are deceptively difficult to make - excellent job both zelda and malin.
Test Subject
#75 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 5:15 PM
Holy crap! lol, that is just... wow.
Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Project inactive for over a year
Page 3 of 9