Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crow's Nest - Beach House

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 10th Jul 2012 at 2:56 PM - Updated 17th Sep 2013 at 6:55 PM by Fergie_F

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 5:50 PM
Why are there 2 files with the same name? :-) BTW looks very nice, almost haunted-house-like!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 7:33 PM
I'm not sold by the grungy-ness, but I really like the design!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 10:06 PM
Where does the basement come up?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:05 PM
OK I like this! Wow! THis is cool!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
Where does the basement come up?

I was wondering this myself.

I like the exterior a great deal, though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 11th Jul 2012 at 9:02 PM.
The basement comes up behind a hidden door below the kitchen bathroom, I tried to hide it as if it had been put in/used by pirates and smugglers. Also one of the files should be a base game version, although I'm not sure that either of them are. Would a base game version be appreciated? Or should I just keep the current version?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 3:13 AM
I love this house. Thankyou so much.
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:57 PM
Very unique!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd May 2013 at 7:57 AM
Having problems with sims not using the stairs. They will use the living room stairs and go up to the top and turn around and go down autonomously. Reset the lot, tried other sims and this still persists. Like the design though. I may rework this later but, will set it to another lot type for the time being.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
Having problems with sims not using the stairs. They will use the living room stairs and go up to the top and turn around and go down autonomously. Reset the lot, tried other sims and this still persists. Like the design though. I may rework this later but, will set it to another lot type for the time being.

This is because the staircase is directly below another. To fix this you can move the one above it forward 1 tile so that it is not directly above the one below. I'm sorry this'll take some reworking. They used to work fine a few patches ago, but now I have to go through my lots and amend where possible. Hopefully I shall have a fixed version of this lot soon so that others don't have to fix it themselves.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd May 2013 at 9:49 PM
That is fine. I like the house and have sims living in it and did just as you said. It reminds me of a (real) friend's house which was expanded as their family grew and started as a two room house. With the way it was expanded for 100 years or so it was like a maze and had secret corridors and hallways that lead to nowhere(for later expansion).
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
That is fine. I like the house and have sims living in it and did just as you said. It reminds me of a (real) friend's house which was expanded as their family grew and started as a two room house. With the way it was expanded for 100 years or so it was like a maze and had secret corridors and hallways that lead to nowhere(for later expansion).

Well I finally got around to uploading a fixed version. I've attached a pic of the change that was made to the staircases.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 10:04 PM
Thanks. I am reinstalling on a new computer and I rediscovered your lot. Thanks for fixing it up.