Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 4:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Downloads not recognizing my game
Hello

I have a DELL Inspiron laptop PC which uses Windows 7 OS. It is equipped with an Intel I3 processor with an Intel (R) HD Graphics card. I have 4 Gigs installed RAM. I have downloaded a CEP and 7zip.

I bought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe about a year ago and have only recently discovered that I could download custom content. The issue is this: when I download custom content to my EA Games 'Downloads' file it does not appear in the catalogs in the game. When I attempt to open the files I get a message that states that "you are running the wrong version of The Sims 2. Please run The Sims 2 Double Deluxe". Alas, I am already running The Sims 2 Double Deluxe according to my program files.

I did not see any related issue in the help FAQs. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I saw come fancy new duds that I really want for my Sims.

Thank You, Carol
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:28 AM
Is the Downloads folder in the Sims2 folder in My Documents? Did you enable CC, quit, and reload?

The "you are running the wrong version" message appears when you're trying to launch from the wrong disk; if, for instance, you stick in Pets, but your game engine is updated through Apartment Life.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:43 AM
You may have two TS2 folders in Documents - one called The Sims 2 and one called The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. If putting your CC in one doesn't work, try the other.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.