Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Monorail Train Effect as Playable Game Object

by xptl297 Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 5:27 PM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 6:26 PM
This looks so brilliant! Thanks a bunch!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 1:36 AM
Oh wow, this is an amazing, truly amazing idea, and it's so awesome that you have brought it to life.

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 8:58 AM
Wow, looks really amazing! Thank you!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:07 AM
Love your dining car / restaurant pic!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 6:18 PM
This is amazing, thank you for this.
Theorist
#7 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 6:48 PM
This is wonderful and creative work, xptl, and the restaurant car looks magnificent! (I'm a fan of all things train). Thank you for putting it all together for us as a turn-key system. Bravo!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:36 AM
The monorail cars are beautiful. I placed two on a comm. lot, 3X5, and managed to put walls onto the cars, plus some windows and doors. Question: how do you put on a floor over the tracks, add objects, etc.?
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:00 PM
It is very easy: you draw foundations under the train. Use the wood foundations that has only some pillars, not the ones that are completely closed. Draw the foundation with about 3 tiles wide and as long as the free space between the front and the back of the train. Cover with the floor you want, then you can place walls that will fit almost exactly with the top of the train.
The train can be moved from your construction and placed back without cheats.
You need to do this to place the ceiling, otherwise it will rain or snow inside your train. It is a normal house and you can add all objects you want.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 4:58 AM
Default Monorail Train Cars
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
It is very easy: you draw foundations under the train. Use the wood foundations that has only some pillars, not the ones that are completely closed. Draw the foundation with about 3 tiles wide and as long as the free space between the front and the back of the train. Cover with the floor you want, then you can place walls that will fit almost exactly with the top of the train.
The train can be moved from your construction and placed back without cheats.
You need to do this to place the ceiling, otherwise it will rain or snow inside your train. It is a normal house and you can add all objects you want.

Thank you! I will try this and see how it turns out. It's a very clever concept.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 12:45 PM
Interesting - I'll see if it works with my current monorail station in Sirencester - thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 2:33 AM
That is too cool, great work! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:44 PM
Awesome job. This is a MUST download. And I have to agree with Sophie-David, the restaurant car does looks magnificent! May I ask, where did you get the sim dolls?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rainy321
Awesome job. This is a MUST download. And I have to agree with Sophie-David, the restaurant car does looks magnificent! May I ask, where did you get the sim dolls?

I create them self.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 1:55 AM
This is so different from the usual! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 10:18 PM
Wow!Thank You For This!Reminds me of Simcity 4 Rush Hour EP!
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:32 AM
do you think you make a non seasons one? I only have nightlife installed.

Music is poetry with personality. ~Ross Lynch
Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? ~Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 10:22 PM
Hey, that's cool. I like the interior of the train. Can you make a subway train like New York City subway train and make it playable like the monorail?
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:22 PM
THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 9:29 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th May 2023 at 4:33 PM
YESSS now I can finally live out my dream of building a downtown monorail station!