Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:53 PM
Default Applying "Make Me Know Everyone" and then deleting another neighborhood
So. If you type in "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true", and shift-click on a mailbox and select "Make Me Know Everyone", the selected Sim will instantly know every single Sim there is in the game. Even all the Sims from another neighborhood.

To clear the situation:

When you start the game, there are two neighborhoods: Pleasantview and Veronaville.

You open the Dreamer family (Pleasantview), and you make Darren know everyone.

Darren now knows Regan Capp (and of course, the rest of Capps, all Montys, all Summerdreams, all Veronaville NPCs).

Darren makes a move with Regan.

The player makes a mistake in Veronaville, for example deleting an entire graveyard, marrying a Social Worker, or just decides to recycle the neighborhood.

So therefore, the player deletes Veronaville.

The player loads the Dreamer family. \OR/ The player is on a community lot, playing Daniel Pleasant. Suddenly, a wild Darren appears!

Does the player destroy Pleasantview?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 7:26 PM
It strikes me that if this cheat works as described, Pleasantview and Veronaville would both be broken from the moment it happened and it was time to restore from backup or reset all your neighborhoods as soon as you did it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 7:39 PM
DJ., if your neighborhood is corrupted and before you delete the neighborhood or go back to a back up, can you test something for me?

Can you call someone from another neighborhood and see if they can be invited over? Can you see if they will actually show up?
Banned
#4 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:25 PM
Imagine if you are like me and only play neighborhoods a couple months and have like 8+ neighborhoods! Glad I never used that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
DJ., if your neighborhood is corrupted and before you delete the neighborhood or go back to a back up, can you test something for me?

Can you call someone from another neighborhood and see if they can be invited over? Can you see if they will actually show up?

They're completely different sets of files so no.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:34 PM
Wait, why would that command actually work between neighborhoods? That's a rather strange behavior, and why is that ability even in the game? (Seeing as there's no inter-neighborhood relationships except the Occupied Lot Sim Bin).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:34 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Oh well, but then how is it possible that they could know everyone and not beb able to contact them? Since, as you said:

Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:40 PM
I think the important thing to determine here is IF that cheat works as DJ describes. It's hard to imagine how it could, but I'm not a programmer. If it could, then whatever wildly improbable bit of coding allows that could conceivably be used to call a sim from another hood. Scattering more bits of code shrapnel as it went.

But I'm not about to use it in my game to find out!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:24 PM
It only makes you know all the Sims in a neighborhood, not the entire game. I used it a long time ago, before I knew it was a very bad thing to do.
Site Helper
#10 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 10:51 PM
That is not how the cheat works. The only way to get the behavior that the OP documents is to have Pleasantview and / or Veronaville as subhoods in the same neighborhood.

We know this because the Sim Relations records (SREL) are keyed on the Sim Description instance number, which only exists in the current neighborhood.

The cheat does nothing fundamentally wrong, but will slow down your game because it takes a while to bring up such a full relationship panel in the game.

[Update:] ... and just to be sure, I tried it in-game. Sure enough, the behavior documented by the OP does not occur.
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:07 PM
I used that cheat a long time ago when I first started playing (before I knew it was a VBT). Nothing bad ever happened to my knowledge, but I never used it again. (Especially now that we have Phaenoh's phone book to look up people my sims don't know.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Oh well, but then how is possible that they could know everyone and not beb able to contact them? Since, as you said:

Because they're completely different sets of files so no - see Moo.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:57 AM
Because they're completely different sets of files so no - see Moo.

Yeah, I know, I did, apparently that wasn't how the cheat worked.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:04 AM
Considering the last time I used the cheat is with only base game, probably like 6 years ago or something. But it's just so clear in my head, that you could invite someone from another neighborhood...

But thank you for clearing that for me and everyone else, Mootilda. I was planning to use the cheat on a Sim I was about to recycle, so I could resurrect the Tricous. Heh. But then I started thinking.