Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 12:34 AM Last edited by justJones : 8th Feb 2014 at 4:29 PM.
Default Hunger Games Challenge!!
So I had this idea a few days ago and looked up 'hunger games' in Challenges and didn't find anything. I was a bit surprised that there was nothing, so I decided to make this. I'm going to go straight to the steps, and I will try to integrate the rules into them.

~~*STEPS*~~
1. First download one of these two worlds, or get a nice small world of your own with at least one legacy-sized (60x60 or 64x64) lot.
World 1
World 2
2. On a smaller lot, not your big one, build the place for training like they have in the Hunger Games.
--Include things like treadmills that will help with their Athletic skill
--You MUST have nraas assasination mod: [link]
--Also include anything that you think might help with skills your tributes will need in the arena
3. Go into CAS and create 8 (or more if you have an overstuffing mod) tributes. Dress them all the same and make an equal number of girls and boys. Make them all teens. Make a little less than half of them Careers. Give them “meaner” traits. The rest of your sims will be normal tributes. You can give them any traits you want, but don’t reuse traits.
5. Place your tribute family in your “training centre”. Use nraas MasterController here to give your Careers a head start in Athletic, Assassination and any other skill that you think might be helpful.
6. Train your tribute sims for 1-2 sim weeks. DO NOT max out all the important skills on all your tributes before you put them in the arena.
7. Go to Edit Town and click on the biggest lot. Click on build/buy and begin to build your arena.
--For the Cornucopia, put a lot of stuff in the center of your lot. Work your way out, putting less useful stuff farther and farther apart as you go.
--You can put in benches for napping on because sims can’t sleep on the ground.
--IF YOU HAVE WA, you can put in some of the adventure stuff – shower in a can, tents etc from buydebug
--You can plant trees for food as well
--You can create random basements as well, since you can’t create caves.
8. Put your tributes in the arena. You are only allowed to play half of them. You have to make your sims survive and kill sims like in the real Hunger Games. The last one standing is the winner.

~~*OTHER RULES*~~
--You are allowed to have vampires, but you have to have the vampire attack mod here
--You can’t have both the training centre and the arena in your world at once, otherwise your tributes will try to leave the arena.
--NO leaving the arena.
--You are allowed to crtl these moodlets: stir crazy, mourning
--NO skill accelerating mods
--NO furniture except for benches, tents, sleeping bags. fire pits, fire barrels etc

~~*HELPFUL SKILLS*~~
--Assassination
--Atheltic
--Cooking

~~*REQUIRED MODS*~~
--nraas – Careers Base Mod + Assassination here
--RIP mod – no ghosts (You don’t want ghosts wandering around the arena)
--Vampire Attacks Mod for LN
--Weapons System
--Dexter the Bear

~~*SCORING*~~
10 points for each day the Games go on
15 points for each sim killed/died
10 points for each skill level-up during the Games
20 points for winning after less than a sim-week
30 points for winning after 1 sim-week but less than 2
50 points for winning in between 2-4 sim-weeks
75 points for winning in more than 4 sim-weeks

That's all! Happy Simming! (Or not so happy)

If you have any questions or have anything to add, just post here.

~lilibug1
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 6:35 AM
I have a suggestion - instead of benches, why not use the sleeping bags that came with Generations? When I was doing my very own Simtracker: Appaloosa Plains challenge, I had them in sleeping bags and it worked just fine. n_n"

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 11:02 PM
I don't have Generations. But for those who have it, they can use them. (actually that would be more realistic. I wish I could get them without Generations. )
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilibug1
~~*STEPS*~~

Um... did there used to be more, or are you just super bad at counting?

The challenge sounds interesting, but since I haven't read/seen The Hunger Games, I'm a little in the dark.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 5:45 PM
There used to be more and I took them out. Then I forgot to change the numbering. Whoops.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 3:58 AM
I MAY have found sleeping bags for those without Generations!! I have yet to test it in my game but TSR has given me ep items that I'm not supposed to have in the past. This lot just might give us sleeping bags!

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...nds/id/1113668/

If you don't have Generations and want to test this out for me, please do and then post here!! :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 12:44 PM
Wow, super cool. But I think one should be a child, the rest should be teens. Since teens are about fourteen/thirteen plus, and the youngest you can have is twelve in the hunger games. Also, I've tried to use nrass mods before, they don't work . Nor does that ghost one.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 10:54 PM
Default This is awesome!
I cant wait to download all the mods for this it looks so fun!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 7:48 PM
PLS videooooo ♥ ♥ I love it! But :S Im from Hungary and Bed English :S
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 10:26 PM
8 teen sims not work :S
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 5:04 PM
Default ..
It looks like fun and I've been preparing for the game already, but how can I make other sims to kill sims too? If i as only one kill sims it is very easy to win. Is there a methode to make sims kill people? that should be lovely ;p But the challenge looks awesome!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 8:41 PM
I killed all my sims but one in 1 day! But it was great so
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 11:48 PM
HI!! This is amazing! btw I think you should really add pics of what an arena would look like because I have no idea!!

SEE YA LATER!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 3:14 PM
Wow I am looking forward to trying this one out. I am a Hunger Games fan and read all the book and watch the movies as they come out. I hope it all works with the mods because it will be a blast.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 11:44 PM
Ok it is me again. I keep trying to download tiny island and all I get is some program I don't want. How do I get this Island?
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 4:10 AM
I may try this one Also there's the death note mod, since they're teens.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rolika2012
8 teen sims not work :S

Save at one of teens and make him a YA/A/E. Then change him to a teen.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 8:18 AM
How are we meant to have 8teens when all we keep getting is that there must be an adult? Also how many tributes can live at the end of the challenge because you never said if it was 1 or 2 tributes that can survive? Please answer my question as I want to do the challenge but not sure how
Instructor
#19 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princessforlife
How are we meant to have 8teens when all we keep getting is that there must be an adult? Also how many tributes can live at the end of the challenge because you never said if it was 1 or 2 tributes that can survive? Please answer my question as I want to do the challenge but not sure how

Start out with seven teens and one YA/A/E. Then, once you're in the game, use testingcheatsenabled true to change him/her back into a teen.
And it does specifically state in the first post that the last one standing is the winner.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:26 PM
I have my own spin off of this challenge that I do with Disney Princesses and Villains on Youtube. If anyone wants to see it the second season aired today here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYdWdsXGT6c
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:15 AM
Yay! Love this and can't wait to try it - sounds like so much fun! :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:21 AM
Default Ooh!
I'm getting goosebumps just by thinking about it! Can you believe what one of the "most amazing moments" in my challenge was? I'll tell you; my Simself, Pinkamina Pie (Don't ask) was in the lead, and she turned cupcakes (search up MLP Cupcakes; wait, no, do NOT search that up! ) on everyone! She killed nearly every sim on the lot! Still, very weird/funny at the same time!
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheUnisimmer
I'm getting goosebumps just by thinking about it! Can you believe what one of the "most amazing moments" in my challenge was? I'll tell you; my Simself, Pinkamina Pie (Don't ask) was in the lead, and she turned cupcakes (search up MLP Cupcakes; wait, no, do NOT search that up! ) on everyone! She killed nearly every sim on the lot! Still, very weird/funny at the same time!

How do you kill with cupcakes? :p
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:41 AM
I came up with some suggestions/alternative rules I'm going to try. Others are welcome to take some of them on in their own game if they like. The goal was to make it so I don't know who is going to win. My playable sims will include at least one career and at least one non-career tribute. This will probably make an interesting, but not necessarily high scoring game.

Arena
  • The gamemasters fill the arena with traps and deadly plants, so include plenty of jellybean plants. (Also consider placing cow plants if you have access, using a mod to make them more deadly.)
  • Put a fence around the lot so no one leaves
  • For each career tribute place a bed/mattress next to the cornucopia for them (set bed ownership.) This simulates how careers usually control the cornucopia.
  • Place a fridge at the centre of the lot to represent the cornucopia, with its large supply of food.
  • Place plenty of food and desirable items in your family inventory to use as sponsor gifts.
  • Set off fireworks at midnight to represent the pictures of the fallen tributes projected in the sky of the arena (WA or Seasons.)
  • Set season to Summer to make the arena lush and tropical (Seasons.)
  • Keep ghosts in the game. If a tribute sees a ghost it means they have been stung by trackerjack venom and are hallucinating (-2 to melee rolls for the next 3 days. Exception: District 11 knows how to cure trackerjack stings and gets -1 for one day)
  • Make some mutts that the gamemakers can release into the arena at will. For example, make some npc vampires and give them werewolf fur, scary teeth etc. They may be the mutt versions of the tributes. Set their energy to full and thirst in the red. Make sure your mods allow npcs to kill active sims. Make them friends with all the tributes so the vampires can drink from the tributes while hunting. Put the fridge behind a gate locked to all but the household so vampires have to hunt rather than drink plasma juice.

Traits

Nobody should have the lucky or unlucky trait.

Careers - Districts 1, 2 and 4
Make 2-3 career sims (In the games a quarter of the tributes come from career districts)
All careers must have the athletic trait
District 4 must have angler and can not have hydrophobic
Other traits to consider: hot-headed, mean-spirited, evil, charismatic, snob

Other Tributes
Only one non-career tribute can have the athletic trait
District 3 should pick from the following traits: computer whiz, handy, genius, couch potato, bookworm. During training, district 3 tributes should work on their handiness skill then logic or hacking.
District 6 is where the morphlings and Titus (the cannibal) came from. Give the sim the artistic trait and use camouflage makeup. Give them hates the outdoors so they hide in caves and are harder to find. District 6's primary industry is transportation, so also consider vehicle enthusiast and handy. The known tributes from district 6 are either strange or died immediately. Consider the insane trait.
District 8 is highly industrial and can not have the green thumb trait.
District 11 should have gatherer, green thumb and loves the outdoors. District 7 is lumber and Districts 9 & 10 are farming so might also use these traits.
Consider making one of tributes from a shop keeper family (e.g. baker, butcher, apothecary)

District 3 alternative weapon

District 3 tributes prefer to attack from safe distance using clever traps. In the 75th Hunger Games, Beetee's weapon was a length of wire he could use to electrocute people who were on the wet beach.
If anyone knows of a cc explosive or electrocution weapon, let me know. If you have WA and Ambitions, you can try explosions instead.
The district 3 tribute can use any electronic item (e.g. laptop) as a "weapon." Once you have got your hands on the device, spend a minimum of 2 sim hours tinkering/upgrading. Then you or an ally may place the device at the target location:
1. At the cornucopia. If you succeed, you have blown up the careers food supply (delete the fridge.) However, if a career sees you near the cornucopia you have failed. You must run away and if the career is one of your controllable sims, they must attack you. Careers carry a small amount of food with them and can have 1-2 apples/fish each in their inventory when the food supply (fridge) is destroyed. If the district 4 tribute is alive, they will then try fishing to get food.
2. Set a trap in the forest. Surround the device with food to make it tempting and wait for a sim to walk by.
NOTE: each device is one use and must be deleted after detonating
To determine if your trap killed anybody, roll a d20 using an online dice roller:

Melee
Careers must always attack non-allies when they see them.
If you see a sleeping person and they have no awake allies to stop you, you may assassinate them unless they have light sleeper (no dice roll required)
Use these rules for playable sims or if there are only two sims left alive. You may kill the non-playable sims at will if you get the chance and it makes sense from a story telling perspective.
If you attack someone else, roll a d6 then add or subtract the following modifiers:

If the number you got after applying the modifiers to your roll is:

Aliances
  • Allies share food and help protect each other
  • Careers usually ally with each other
  • Alliances should have 2-3 people max (unless you have more than 8 sims.)
  • Careers should stay together until everyone else is dead then attack each other
  • Careers may choose to kill off a severely weakened ally (at least -3 to rolls)
  • Non-careers may chose to break up an alliance at any time. Their alliance should break up once almost everyone else is dead.
  • At least one person should be without an alliance
  • Tributes must be at least friends by the end of the training period to be allies
  • Use the group up option to help alliances stick together
Daily Roll
Day 1 has no daily roll. Instead, careers try to kill those near the cornucopia and non-careers try to flee. Some tributes may risk getting supplies before running.
Day 2 onwards: roll a d10
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 5:40 AM
I thought people might be interested in the idea of outdoor peeing http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=466187
I might try to place toilets near trees and bushes and make them invisible using the invisible object mod in the link above. I might also try placing showers near waterfalls and sinks near ponds.
Page 1 of 2