Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Domestic Service Career 8/30 **UPDATE**

by child_of_air Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 12:19 PM - Updated 30th Aug 2012 at 9:41 PM by child_of_air

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 5:45 PM

I have been looking forward to the release of this career, and it is obvious that it is quite exceptional! I really appreciate all the careful research and preparation that you have put into this Amy, it is truly first rate!

Scholar
#3 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 11:34 PM
Appears to interfere with Athletic career

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 4:06 AM
Thank you David, that's very kind. Mac, can you be more specific? It isn't made to overwrite anything.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by child_of_air
Thank you David, that's very kind. Mac, can you be more specific? It isn't made to overwrite anything.

I installed the Domestic Service career, then started the game and went back to a sim with an Athletic career. His career now showed "unemployed". When assigning a new career to him, Athletic was no longer there, Domestic Service was.

I then exited without saving and deleted the Domestic Service career (not a bad idea to keep all careers in a separate folder). Went back to the sim - he now showed the Athletic career.

It would appear that Domestic Service is overlaying Athletic.

(Being in domestic service probably kept people fit, but that's another issue)

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for letting me know. It actually has it's own guid, but I will look into it.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:01 AM
Hope it sorts out, because I really would like to use it, but I can't abandon all my athletes.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 9:42 PM
Updated the career, please redownload!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 11:04 PM
I installed it, and checked all my careers (All the ones from Sims2 EPs as well as a lot of 3rd party careers), no problem!!

Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 2:33 AM
I think that John Cleese will be the first in this career in my 'hood. Unfortunately, the Sims 2 engine doesn't really accommodate this career properly. The servants were servants and residents in somebody else's home. But in Sims 2, the resident runs the show and the servants are masters in their own home and the home they serve in is imaginary and offstage.

Lower servants weren't allowed to marry - maybe the Butler and Housekeeper could have a late-in-life marriage - sort of a consolation prize in retirement. The woman at the highest level (Lady's Companion) would never been allowed to marry. And children? - best never talked about.

Having said all that, within the limits of the Sims 2 engine, this career does capture the Victorian "Upstairs-Downstairs" flavor. Thank you again!
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 9:22 PM
You are very welcome. That is what I was going for, considering my limits. I use this career for my sims that don't plan on starting a family, and don't have anything to inherit. Works very well for them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:31 PM
This is my favorite career, such nice jobs, fitting some neighborhoods of my nation.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 7:10 AM
HI child of air nice job on this one! :)