Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
I was lurking last night already, but it's great to wake up to a new morning and visit the site as one of the first things. Yay for fast upgrade!

/me huggles Inge once more and thanks for the temp blue name she gave her. Was fun! :D

(isn't she a sweetie?! )

Armiel,
You're finally back Welcome back Armiel

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:09 AM
It's True it is fast, i can click the buttons and it instantly works! I like this new server!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:49 AM
fway, uploading files to the wiki should be fixed now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:45 PM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all the Admins and Moderators on this site, it's awesome! Extra big THANK YOU to Delphy for making it happen, and so fast too!
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:15 PM
sweet. hmm, sexysims? :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:25 PM
We'll most likely be doing sexysims tomorrow - needed a break after all yesterday's work.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Not actually evil.
#32 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 1:29 AM
A message informs me I am not blind and am using the new server. Very grateful for new server and thankful for the (fast!) work of Delphy et al. However, puzzled by message. Is anyone still on the old server? Didn't it get decommissioned?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 8:06 AM
Cat: The message is there so that people know they are. The old server is not decommisioned just yet - sexysims2 traffic still points there, and there are some other files I want to make sure I don't lose that need copying across. It'll be decommisioned in a week or so once I am sure it's not getting any traffic and I don't need anything from it.

Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 9:01 AM
The downtime doesn't care. The website is faster than before! So it was a good change
Instructor
#35 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 9:19 AM
This is so much faster! Mod The Sims is one of my favourite sites. Seeing it getting better and better makes me even happier The reason this site is so awesome is because of Delphy, The donators and The creators!

Simblr
Scholar
#36 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallySimsCrazy
This is so much faster! Mod The Sims is one of my favourite sites. Seeing it getting better and better makes me even happier The reason this site is so awesome is because of Delphy, The donators and The creators!

It wasn't too late for me to donate I finally donated this wonderful site

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#37 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallySimsCrazy

And HP, and the people who help others make stuff, and most of the downloaders who post are pretty nice people too

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#38 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:56 PM
Great work, guys! I do notice the site is faster, which is very nice. As a former system admin, I know this stuff is a lot of work and headaches.

I assume SSX is still being worked on? Saw the site is up but the attachment manager isn't.
Instructor
#39 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:00 PM
Ok Every member and everyone on the site! Even a little bit of help to a member can contribute and help people!

Simblr
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#40 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 6:13 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, Cmar - it's a bug that D fixed on MTS a couple of days ago, but we all forgot about it when it came to moving SXS. Will be fixed soon!

Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 6:57 PM
I can't access sexysims2 on my browser but i can on Tor. Is there possibly a slight problem with my browser or cant anyone in the UK access that website?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 7:23 PM
lilstu, it has to wait 24-48 hours for the dns to change

Scholar
#43 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 12:52 PM
There was another technical difficulty with the website...
But anyway it's running properly now...

Maybe I have too may cookies in my cookie jar..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 3:07 PM
Well done on the switchover, Delphy- I feel right at home on this new server already!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#45 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Thanks for pointing that out, Cmar - it's a bug that D fixed on MTS a couple of days ago, but we all forgot about it when it came to moving SXS. Will be fixed soon!

Good, thanks, my upload will wait patiently. Now the question is: why do I keep calling it SSX?
Scholar
#46 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:56 AM
There seems to be a problem with uploading avatars...
Did I do something wrong?

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#47 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:32 AM
What happened to the chat?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#48 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 12:34 PM
Is there something wrong?
I can see the site wide announcement is pretty serious...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#49 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 1:00 PM
Yes, there's something wrong with emails getting from MTS to members. Given the tiny number of emails we send out - pretty much just password resets - it's not particularly serious.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 2:06 PM
Some emails should now be going through, since I setup a relay server to forward the email to. It'll take a couple days for the effect to be fully felt though.

Page 2 of 3