Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted : Animated World Globe EP-Working

by psyckotic Posted 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:25 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:06 PM by psyckotic

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:33 PM
Did you already test this in the sims university and it worked for you? I hope the answer is yes seeings I deleted all my objects in order to get my game to run cause I was scared lol
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:34 PM
Looks great! I'll test tonight and let you know how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:20 PM
Nice work...and I really like the idea of the internal light!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:44 AM
I have tested, works great showed up real good in university and the animation works great.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:56 AM
now this is incredible... I don't know what I expected when I read 'animated'... maybe some light or anything like that - but it actually moves!!!

It's working great in my game (no EP installed tho), up to now no conflicts or problems of any kind.

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:57 AM Last edited by psyckotic : 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sim2Kid405
I have tested, works great showed up real good in university and the animation works great.

Thx for testing it in university, i don't know when i will buy it in the week. :bump:
It is a good news coz it is made with some internal bhav, material and textures. Why I need to make new material if maxis make a tons and i am better in 3d than in 2d...
Keep a look on the thread. I will register it tomorrow to avoid any conflicts.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:21 AM
This is a brilliant peice of work, psyckotic..... I'm very envious of your talent... Have tested it and works perfectly....just perfectly..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:14 PM
As I promised...
Mesh Maestro
#10 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:41 PM
Looks very good.... I'll give it a whirl"LOL" when I sign off here... thanks for your efforts and for sharing your work....
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 2:11 PM
Looks great but i prefer it if the ocean parts were slightly more translucent
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 8:29 PM
Dude!
Dude! Awsome, I wish i could add animations to my objects :weep: . But anyway awsome! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:01 AM
I just want to add it is a material animation triggered by the action "View Sculpture", it is not a bone animation.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 8:25 PM
lol thats so cool
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 5:43 PM
ok that is pretty cool. First, i see oberkorn and his strange and interesting animated light shows... now you and you've actually managed to animate the 3d model! My question is this.

From what you've found, is it possible to do more then just a simple rotation? Can you control when the object(s) rotate, for instance to animated the hands on a clock?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thefuzmixman
ok that is pretty cool. First, i see oberkorn and his strange and interesting animated light shows... now you and you've actually managed to animate the 3d model! My question is this.

From what you've found, is it possible to do more then just a simple rotation? Can you control when the object(s) rotate, for instance to animated the hands on a clock?

I don't know how to animate 3d model but for a clock there is already a good object in sims -> the pendule, it is 3d animated. Take a look.
What i used is used for the helicopter.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 5:28 AM
For the clocks it'd be easiest to just look at the grandfather clock. I think there would be a way to always show the rotating model of the object, no real clue though. If that was possible, hello ceiling fan!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kassarc16
For the clocks it'd be easiest to just look at the grandfather clock. I think there would be a way to always show the rotating model of the object, no real clue though. If that was possible, hello ceiling fan!

Yes that's the one I though.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 11:40 AM
Here's a fan someone recently made http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=330658

Apparently TheSims2Master has animated it, but he's just started testing it, so no way to know for sure if he did it for all times.
Instructor
#20 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 2:57 PM
thank you so much for that link, kassarc16. now i can go and yell at sim2fanatic for making my fan first!!!! hahaha....
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 12:20 AM
help!!!! when i click on the globe all i get is view
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 1:38 AM
I think that's all there is. It's just a sculpture. But it will rotate when you view it.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:25 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this great goodie with us, can't wait to see it in the game.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:22 PM
This looks cool I'll test it out...Thank you
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 2:37 PM
Very nice indeed! Thx for sharing!
Page 1 of 2