Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm a little confused on the format, is round 1 just casting like an application and then rounds 2-5 will be movie clips? Or is there only one round that does the final movie. So confused! So interested, but so confused! >.<

Yes. One round, which is the the final round will be the round that the film premieres. All of the other rounds are building rounds that lead up to it. Just taking each step for each round.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:48 PM
Hello! I am an experienced machinamator and interested in this contest but... It's a little hard to understand. Why do we need loans or banks? Can't you just give us a deadline to make a short film and then we produce it? Because I have been filming for over a year now with sims 2 and I'm not quite sure this contest is going to fit right with what it really takes to make a quality machinima (coming from someone with LOTS of experience). I defiantly want to participate but - I'm not sure - I'm a little overwhelmed!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:01 AM
Default Subscription
I'd like to participate, just passing by, will check out better later, how do I subscribe?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:03 AM
The point is to break it up into various components, GrayLee. You have to select a cast (application round); then you'll have to, I don't know, create a set; then something else, all of which leads to the creation of the movie.

When you make a machinima, do you just do it randomly, or do you do it one step at a time? This is what this contest is meant to do. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Good luck if you do decide to participate! I'm sure we'd like to see what you can come up with.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eyelleenn
I'd like to participate, just passing by, will check out better later, how do I subscribe?

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your entry! To subscribe to this thread, at the top of the thread there is a green check mark that says "Subscribe to this thread", and it will appear under User Tools -> Subscribed thread.. and will turn bold once a new reply has been made.

Just a quick reminder. Applications are due Thursday or this contest officially closes.

Forum Resident
#31 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:13 AM
But that better not happen, I was really looking forward to judging this awesome contest idea

*gets out the blunt stick*

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:31 AM
Ok,
done, just a lil question, can I use The sims medieval as well? If not, its just OK, I'll chose 2 or 3. And can you explain a lil about this loan and stuff, just need some more details, I'm a noob at this kind of contests, but not editing movies.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:37 AM
Ok,
done, just a lil question, can I use The sims medieval as well? If not, its just OK, I'll chose 2 or 3. And can you explain a lil about this loan and stuff, just need some more details, I'm a noob at this kind of contests, but not editing movies.

Erm. I don't think you can since it is only Sims 2 and Sims 3.. and that there is no real built in machinima making feature in that game.

The loan is just for if you are low on your budget. You can take a loan which will add that certain amount that you pick to your budget.. but you are required to pay back that amount at the end of the contest or points will be deducted.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:44 AM
Ok, thanks for the patience, I'm really sorry to bother, but english aint my first language. How much is my budget start, may have missed that... and now I have 2 weeks to post for round 1?
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:48 AM
Ok, thanks for the patience, I'm really sorry to bother, but english aint my first language. How much is my budget start, may have missed that... and now I have 2 weeks to post for round 1?

You start off with 300,000 and you build off of that the entire contest. And you have until October 11th to post the entry.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:07 AM
Ok, doing it now
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 5:52 AM Last edited by kikiavicenna : 13th Oct 2012 at 5:23 AM.
Hello, I'm entering with my Sims 2!

Actually I'm quite busy with school and not that sure if I can make it past the deadlines, but I'll see if I can make it through the whole competition. (I'll try to!)

Anyway, here are my cast members:

Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:21 AM
Welcome kikiavicenna! I can't wait to see what you have in store!

Needing 8 More contestants to submit their applications by tomorrow!

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:13 PM
I'm almost finished here, I see all contestants are posting their pictures with a button (show spoiler), please can anyone tell me how I do this? I'm sorry but I am a noob at the forum....
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:41 PM
Before the start of the part you want to hide, you can use [spoiler]

And at the end of that part, just add / before the 'spoiler' word.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:51 PM
Tks a lot.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:35 PM
Hey what time is the deadline tomorrow? I just realized there's no timer (or at least, I didn't see one). i spent all night last night trying to make good Sims for my actors, but I work all day today and most of the day tomorrow, and I haven't gotten to the photoshoot yet! Midnight EST would be good.... Pretty please? :D
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 10:05 PM
I have a question Seemyu. I'm totally interested in this contest, but I've never made machinma before so this will definitely be a learning experience. I do love telling stories, however.
So here's my question: you said that there was a time limit for the movie, which I'm assuming means your movie can't be over a certain length, but what about shortness? i.e. does it have to be over a certain length, because with the idea I have in mind mine will probably be between 5 and 6 minutes. Just wondering if that is too short.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naiyasfury
I have a question Seemyu. I'm totally interested in this contest, but I've never made machinma before so this will definitely be a learning experience. I do love telling stories, however.
So here's my question: you said that there was a time limit for the movie, which I'm assuming means your movie can't be over a certain length, but what about shortness? i.e. does it have to be over a certain length, because with the idea I have in mind mine will probably be between 5 and 6 minutes. Just wondering if that is too short.

That's perfect length . I would like it to be at a minimum of 5 to 6 minutes. So, don't worry!

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:51 AM Last edited by eyelleenn : 15th Oct 2012 at 5:58 AM. Reason: Founs a few mispelling (If there are others, please, let me know. English aint my primary language, and my excuse to stay online for so long is taht I am improving my English, so can´t Google it....
Default Subscription
Ok, Here is my entry.

Used Set of Different Wallpaper; Set os paintings/wallhangings; Extra group Photos and +100 more local magazine adds, set of Modern Props included, witch means I've used $ 1000 more, so I'm now with 260500... wow big spender... guess worth it. Hope we have enough contestants....

Cass, the cat gave up working with people and now decided to join another movie... hate working with these pet stars... they are sooo... Lol, I gave up on her because I think i've got a lot characters already... Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:09 AM
Seemyu, I edited my entry to post the two other group pics, if there is anyproblem with it, just tell me. Thanks, hope we make it by tomorrow!!!

This is to whomever want to join this contest, no mater if we are noobs, we just gotta have lots of funn!!!!!

Good contest to all!!!!
Instructor
#47 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:30 AM Last edited by PunkyBreester : 15th Oct 2012 at 11:59 PM.
This is my first contest and will be my first sims3 machinima

I hope this is ok & I did everything right! ^_^

(also, if anyone would like to correct my French, that'd be awesome. I'm relying on google translate, here)

EDIT: I have a question - Do we need to include in this round EVERY character that will eventually appear in the film?

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#48 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 11:24 AM
Welcome to the contest eyelleenn and PunkyBreester! I'm glad that you guys joined and can't wait to see what you two have in store as well.

@PunkyBreester - Yes. All cast members that appear in the cast member pictures must appear in the film, and only them. You are free to update the entry until the deadline is up. If you make any changes such as including an additional package, make sure you send me or one of the judges (who must then send me a PM or if in chat, tell me) a site PM on your updated information so we can update the scoreboard.

@eyelleen - That's fine You just cannot edit the entry after the round is over.

Update on Deadline!
This contest's deadline has been extended to October 15th! So, we need 6 more contestants to submit their applications by then and this contest will officially kick into high gear!

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:28 PM Last edited by eyelleenn : 11th Oct 2012 at 5:02 PM.
Yess, cool, hope more contestants post theyr entries!!!!

Got it, Im sorry, and I've got the basic idea, just wanna know what is consider "Set Of Modern Props", are those objects, os paintings, I'm really trying to get it.

Tks
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 3:27 PM
Just a questio, what is a "Set Of Modern Props"? Tks

Page 2 of 12