Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Ladygagasimsfan : 8th Sep 2012 at 5:51 PM.
Default The Supernatural Orphanage
This requires Supernatural. Generations is recommended, but in no way needed.

I made this up a few days ago, just before Supernatural came out here in the UK. Here is the story line...

Story:

You decided you wanted a family at just five years old. It wasn't just a phase some kids go through. It stuck. All you wanted was a nice husband, nice kids, and a generally good life. You find the man of your dreams, and graduate school with excellent scores, mostly in Music and Art. You get married, and try for a baby several times. It doesn't work however. You go to the doctors, who tell you you can't have children. You are devastated. Your husband stands by you, but sadly dies. You are nearing your 50's and decide to adopt a few children. But you find out they are all supernatural. And you HATE supernaturals. But you can't just send them back. These children need you. And whilst you don't like the supernatural, you wouldn't do anything like send them back, or ignore them. You do your best. Even worse, your Husband is now a ghost, so he's a supernatural. But he's decided to help you. But can you do it with all these creatures?

Create-A-Sim:

In create a sim, make a female and male sim in the Adult life stage. The male must be a ghost, with the death of your choosing. I used the transmutation death, which is gold in color, and comes with the expansion. Make the children. You need at least one of each creature, except genie. Ghost is your choice. At least one must be toddlers. I did it with one, a werewolf. The others were children. So I ended up with two werewolves. In all, I had the werewolves, who are siblings, a vampire, a witch, a farie, and a ghost, who died I think off magic. It's a green ghost. Name them what you want, make them look how you like. Do what ever you like. The only rule is the woman MUST have the supernatural skeptic trait.

House:

You may use money cheats, move objects on, and buy debug. Buy debug may only be used for simple things such as a different letter box than the default, and one plant. So make it count. The house MUST have a hall/living room, a kitchen/dining room, two bathrooms, a bedroom for the woman and father, and a bedroom for all the kids. Don't make it extravagant. They aren't super rich, they have very little money. 20000 simoliens at the most. Make it look as old as possible, sort of Victorian.

Rules:

1. You can't have any supernatural friends for your woman. Excluding the kids and the husband, until the kids are near young adults.
2. You can only have one TV. It has to be small, not flat screen or anything.
3. No cheats other than the ones above
The rules are still being done, so any ideas for them are awesome!

Targets:

1. Your witch/witches, depending on how many you have, should learn alchemy.
2. All vampires in the household have to turn at least one sim to a vampire.
3. The above goes for werewolves.
4. Faries have to repair several objects, help people's skills, and play fairy tricks on people seven times per thing by the time they grow up into young adults.

The targets are still being developed, any ideas are great.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:05 AM
This looks really fun, I'll try it now and maybe post pictures and stuff.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:17 AM
Thanks I'd love to see your pictures.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:33 PM
Heres some pictures;
The family

The supernaturl skeptic mother

Dad: "Dylan stop it! Bad dog"
Dylan: "I'm a werewolf, and I'll stop whenever I wanna stop!"
*Father-son moments*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 9:18 AM
Aww, they look so cute, the kids which child is which supernatural?

If I figure out how to upload pics, I'll show you. ('cos I still don't know how >.<)
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 5:43 PM
Boy toddler is a fairy, girl toddler is a witch, boy childs a werewolf, and girl childs a vampire c:

Mom doesn't believe any of it though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 6:06 PM
XD. So cute. I love your mum. Really pretty :D. I picked victorian look for mine, she looks really mean
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 11:55 PM
This challenge looks like a ton of fun... What do you think about adding, perhaps, a genie kid? And/or an imaginary friend..

My Sims 3 Profile (IllusoryThrall) - My Sims 3 Blogsite
"Spectres of the Past" - a Nothing is Free/Apocalypse (modified) Challenge
"Castaway Shores" - a Nothing is Free Challenge
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 1:55 AM
Default nice challenge!
Thanks for this idea! I love doing challenges that involve children, and I've been wanting to explore all the types of supernatural sims. I'm reinstalling my game and starting this challenge!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:57 AM
I've just started this challenge - still working on building/decorating the starting house, but the family is set up. Mom, Dad, child witch girl, child vampire boy, toddler fairy girl, toddler werewolf boy, and toddler genie girl. Trying to get an imaginary friend into the mix too, but that's being stubborn at the moment - I'll figure it out. Since they're Victorian-themed, including the house, I also gave the family a horse.

Question, ladygagasimsfan: would you be opposed to me using mods to allow more than 8 sims in the house? I'm thinking I may extend the "challenge" for a generation or two, but I know I'll hate to kick any kids out, I want to watch them all grow up!

My Sims 3 Profile (IllusoryThrall) - My Sims 3 Blogsite
"Spectres of the Past" - a Nothing is Free/Apocalypse (modified) Challenge
"Castaway Shores" - a Nothing is Free Challenge
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 11:09 PM
Seeing as all my challenges seem to now be taking place in Moonlight Falls, this one should fit right in too. I'll post pics when I get the chance
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 4:32 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 28th Sep 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Think I might have gone a little too in depth with this family :P

Scholar
#13 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:05 PM
I am going to do this but an adapted version of it. I am going to have one of every supernatural including Genie and do the goals, I just want to see how a family of varities are going to survive living in the same house if thats okay by you.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 12:19 AM
So the dad keeps getting the "wants a child" want but since the mom can't have kids, that'll never happen. Really a-holey thing to do but is it alright if he cheats on her :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:32 PM
Glad you all like it so much <3

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!” - Barney Stinson
Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:54 AM
Time to Check back in with the Snow Family
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:44 PM
God, this makes me want Supernatural EVEN MORE! Curse mt OCD about things being in chronological order!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 6:32 PM
I am trying this now but I have a few changes:

(1) The skeptic is a man (my Simself) and the spouse is a legacy spare I turned into a Mummy's Curse ghost. I know this is against the rules because you wanted the woman to be the skeptic to be more story-realistic(she is impotent and remarrying won't fix it), but I think this could go either way! After all, unless you have a risky WooHoo mod, having WooHoo won't get you pregnant.

(2) I set the age sliders so the toddlers, children and teens have more time to be toddlers, children and teens and when they are young adults they'll live practically forever. This is because I won't have Fountains of Youth for quite a while.

(3) I used a Motherlode to get $50000 instead of $20000, but I used the blueprints to make a house and it sucked up all the money. I'll probably replace the TV with a tiny one like you want so I can purchase an Alchemy Station for my ghost wife.

Supernatural Skeptic: C.J. Glenn, his LTW is to become a Celebrity Psychic and scam all the humans into thinking aliens exist.

Ghost Wife: Froslass Glenn, her LTW is to be an Alchemy Artisan. She was killed by the Mummy's Curse while trying to harvest flame fruits to concoct a potion to make her husband pregnant because Try For Baby was a failure - he was impotent. She didn't have any martial arts skill when Raymundo attacked...

Left Child: Crobat Von Blood, vampire kid.

Middle Child: Gothitelle Heale, haunting curse ghost kid.

Right Child: Jynx Healer, fairy kid and half-sister to Gothitelle. She has the alien eyes from the sliders.

Left toddler: Lilligant Petals, fairy baby.

Middle toddler: Stoutland Feral, werewolf baby.

Right toddler: Absol Disaster, witch baby.

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:04 AM
I actually tried something a lot like this when I first got Supernatural. The only difference was that all the kids were the same age and there was only one adult (who also hated supernaturals).Mainly it was just so I could see how all the powers changed as the kids grew up and stuff. But it was incredibly fun, and it was definitely something I wanted to try again after all the kids grew up. So maybe I'll try your challenge.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 3:18 PM
When I started another challenge http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535375 I have created one werewolf, one vampire, one genie, one witch, one fairy and one ghost. It sounds like I have started this challenge also but I didn't include supernatural skeptic trait to caretaker

BTW, target for another challenge was
Quote:
Goal:To successfully raise 7 randomized Toddlers into Young Adulthood and earn at least $50,000 in the family funds.

I can apply the same target here.

Also I think it might be good to certain other goals here
1. Your witch/witches, depending on how many you have, should achieve top level 10 in alchemy and make Midas touch elixir
2. All vampires in the household have to turn at least one sim to a vampire.
3. The above goes for werewolves.
4. Faries have to repair 5 objects, play fairy tricks on people seven times per thing by the time they grow up into young adults.