Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 7153 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:18 AM
Better Zombie
Hey, i love the new expansion but i kinda find the zombie lame, so i wanted to know : Is it hard to make a mod, or does anyone plan to make a mod to make Zombie... more Zombie.

Here a list of what better Zombie should or should not have.

- More aggressive (they attack more often)
- Less friendly (No more dancing or playing)
- Try to infect people more often
- No more plant eating (Zombie dont eat plant !!)
- Eat dead in graveyard (Hunger Fill)
- Raid hospital ( They should raid the hospital for food, that would be cool)
- Brain addiction (Zombie should try to eat other sims brain before trying to eat a plant)
- Zombie killer (Enable other sim to kill Zombie)

So tell me what you think about it, does it look cool or is it just me who want it ? O and if you got idea just say so :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:52 AM
I love the dancing, personally. There's nothing quite like a zombie dance party to liven up your night.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:01 AM
I guess you could say the Sims 3 zombies have become more "domesticated" or tame for the sake of the Teen rating. But I could see a no-more-plant-eating mod coming out or a mod enabling the pea shooter to actually kill zombies.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:16 AM
There is a no more plant eating mod, actually. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...tacking-plants/ You have to be a member to download, but it's there. I've tried it and it works 100%

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#5 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 4:25 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 17th Sep 2012 at 4:36 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoduval
Is it hard to make a mod


Some of that would probably not be too hard (XML tuning mod), some of it would be harder (script mod). Generally speaking tuning mods affect the variables a script uses, so they can make an action more likely or last longer, for instance; but you need a script mod to make new behavior that isn't already in the game.

There are tutorials for both kinds of mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._GeneralModding . If you decide to try it, you can get help at the Modding Discussion forum in the Create menu.

There are already a LOT of zombie related mods out there, here and elsewhere... you can look at some of those for ideas about what resources you would need to modify. Seems that Supernatural is making a lot of people who have never modded before want to learn to mod As well as bringing out all the experienced modders.

One of em's a zombie killer mod btw... makes the moodlet adjuster reward object kill (or cure) zombies. That one's at Sims Asylum too. There are a bunch more zombie related mods, out and in development, discussed in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=486259
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 4:27 AM
You could try nraas vector zombie disease.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 5:04 AM
- No more plant eating (Zombie dont eat plant !!)

the zombies eating plants thing is a tribute to PvZ
seeing as there's pvz shirts and the pea shooter content
and pvz 2 is comeing out soon
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 5:44 PM
I agree, I also think it would be awesome to have 'Infected' style zombies (I know they aren't REALLY zombies, but they eat people and are similar) that are really fast and scary like in 28 days later, then playing an apocalypse would be sooooo much cooler :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 3:34 AM
Default better zombie
Quote:
McChoclatey : I guess you could say the Sims 3 zombies have become more "domesticated" or tame for the sake of the Teen rating.

Yea damn teen rating, they should make a option to turn it on or off :D

Quote:
metal_goat : There is a no more plant eating mod, actually. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...tacking-plants/ You have to be a member to download, but it's there. I've tried it and it works 100%

Thanks for the link, will go look at it, if it can save my plant :D

Quote:
Srikandi : There are tutorials for both kinds of mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._GeneralModding . If you decide to try it, you can get help at the Modding Discussion forum in the Create menu.

Thanks will go look at it, and its true i never really wanted to mod before, so that expansion got the modder in me to wake :D

Quote:
anak_ponti : You could try nraas vector zombie disease.

Will try, been a while since i got on their site :D

Quote:
sylergcs : the zombies eating plants thing is a tribute to PvZ
seeing as there's pvz shirts and the pea shooter content
and pvz 2 is comeing out soon

Love PVZ and im waiting for the two to get out, but yet im more a fan of normal Zombie, like the good old RE game :D

Quote:
rainbow_aardvark : I agree, I also think it would be awesome to have 'Infected' style zombies (I know they aren't REALLY zombies, but they eat people and are similar) that are really fast and scary like in 28 days later, then playing an apocalypse would be sooooo much cooler :P

In a way they are not zombie, but yea they are good too And yea would be cool to have a mod like that, would not use it yet would be cool :D

Well for now thanks for your answer all and ill look on how to make mod :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 3:59 AM
Im sure someone will be working on a mod to change the need from plants to sims... its all a matter of time...
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 11:37 AM
It's effing annoying that PopCap is pulling the Plants vs Zombies reference in our faces constantly. Cool DLC stuff? fine. But please remember that Sims 3 and PvZ are very separate games and it ruined my whole experience of this expansion pack seeing this dumbed down not fun-dead version of the PvZ zombie. It's almost like they are glorifying their victory in assimilating PopCap into their h***hole.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoduval
Hey, i love the new expansion but i kinda find the zombie lame, so i wanted to know : Is it hard to make a mod, or does anyone plan to make a mod to make Zombie... more Zombie.

Here a list of what better Zombie should or should not have.

- More aggressive (they attack more often)
- Less friendly (No more dancing or playing)
- Try to infect people more often
- No more plant eating (Zombie dont eat plant !!)
- Eat dead in graveyard (Hunger Fill)
- Raid hospital ( They should raid the hospital for food, that would be cool)
- Brain addiction (Zombie should try to eat other sims brain before trying to eat a plant)
- Zombie killer (Enable other sim to kill Zombie)

So tell me what you think about it, does it look cool or is it just me who want it ? O and if you got idea just say so :D

I think there was mod that allowed sims to kill others, but I am not sure if it works for zombies.
I think there was mod that made zombies bite others more often.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th May 2013 at 3:35 PM
Default Better zombie mod
Hi you all,

I know I´m again posting in an outdated post but I just wanted to tell you I´ve made a mod that already has some of the wished behavior. Here´s a list of what the zombies do so far:

- Sorry, but I couldn´t fix the "plant-eating"-problem.
- There are much more ways to get infected.
- Chances of getting infected are much higher(!).
- Zombies are attacking and infecting by biting much more often.
- Most times the zombies are attacking Sims first.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th May 2013 at 7:06 AM
My Zombies do nothing but spawn and stand still (not sure why exactly), so I just added a mod to remove them until they either become more interesting or EA adds a trigger to enable/disable them. Zombies be gone!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th May 2013 at 12:13 PM
My zombies spawn in daylight and try and attack my sims. How I deal with them is let them come and make the unable to enter or attack sims I am playing with and I cannot do the plan of having an zombie appolycipise in starlight shores.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#16 Old 21st May 2013 at 11:51 AM
I am soooooo over zombies, all the ones in my game do is whine about not being able to open the front door, nibble my lettuce and spend all night growling on my porch. Purrrleaseeee, if this is what being a supernatural being equates to, give me being human any day of the week. And scary? They are about as scary as that uptight Crumplebottom gal on a bad hair day.

Beware! The day I get a Featured Upload on MTS is the day you will be able to ice skate in Hell!
Back to top

Section jump