Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 2107 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 2:08 AM
Wolfbane
I'm having a bit of a problem with planting wolfsbane and the other special magical plants. My sim is at level 10 on gardening. When I click on the wolfsbane under the inventory I DO NOT get the "plant" or "plant many" option as I do with the regular plantables?

What am I missing or failing to do??
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 4:00 AM
I know that gardening in general has a few bugs since SN was released, like "tend garden" no longer working, etc. the Overwatch mod by Twallan fixes this error, but I'm not sure if it will work for yours. But it's worth a shot, since Overwatch in general is a good mod to have.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 4:50 AM
Huh, gardening works fine for me. I didn't do gardening before SN, though, so I wouldn't know if interactions were missing. But my 'tend garden' is working and I have planted wolfsbane, although I can't remember if the 'plant many' option was there...on the other hand, I think I only had one seed. Anyway, I have no idea what I'm talking about since I'm totally new to gardening...
Alchemist
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 8:21 AM
Huh. I've been able to garden in the same manner as before SN with the new kinds of magical plants, but my Sim is no where near level 10. Is this a bug that happens randomly in players' games or is it associated with levels? I mean, does something stop working at level 10?

Wisdom is found in the paradox
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 11:18 AM
My lvl 10 gardening sim plant or plant many wolfbane just fine. Maybe you got some outdated mods?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:58 PM
I wonder the same thing anak ponti. Or having the dreaded special, unknown seeds in the inventory bug.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 9:04 PM
Overwatch didn't work.

Any idea what types of MODS would affect the gardening? The three main MODS I use are the treeg Autotesting, treeg book of talents and Enieri Vampire Hunter. I also use several clothing and vechicle packages.

I did take out everything and I still can't plant the plants associeated with magic. I've tried having several different species of sims to attempt to plant, but nothing.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 9:27 PM
Did you clear caches after removing the mods?
Also treeg's book of talent have caused strange issues for people before but that was mainly about skill issues if i remmber right

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzader
Did you clear caches after removing the mods?
Also treeg's book of talent have caused strange issues for people before.
Where are the cache files that I need to clear? Also, I will remove the MODS and packages and see where that gets me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deblake60
Where are the cache files that I need to clear? Also, I will remove the MODS and packages and see where that gets me.
I got it fix. . . well, sort of. I just used the buydebug ceat to manually add the magical plants to the garden and my SIMS are having no problems with watering or tending the garden.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 8:22 AM
For deleting the caches:
Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Files

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 12:44 PM
Vampire Hunter, really? You must've not used gardening for a long time, then, because I seem to remember that mod/career messing with the gardening menus. I know, it shouldn't - but I'm fairly sure it does, at least I remember similar issues. I removed that mod several EPs ago because it isn't compatible.

Edit: I recommend to get rid of all of scripting mods in general and switch to NRaas' mods. They're reliable, tunable and updated on a regular basis, it's not recommended to keep *any* scripting mods that aren't tested on the latest patch. They may even appear to work but they tend to mess up weird things, like gardening.

Does your TS3 take 15+ minutes to load? Use The Custom Launcher to merge your mods and improve loading times dramatically. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=408296
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 1:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerduck
Vampire Hunter, really? You must've not used gardening for a long time, then, because I seem to remember that mod/career messing with the gardening menus. I know, it shouldn't - but I'm fairly sure it does, at least I remember similar issues. I removed that mod several EPs ago because it isn't compatible.

Edit: I recommend to get rid of all of scripting mods in general and switch to NRaas' mods. They're reliable, tunable and updated on a regular basis, it's not recommended to keep *any* scripting mods that aren't tested on the latest patch. They may even appear to work but they tend to mess up weird things, like gardening.

I've never had any issue with Vampire Hunter and gardening. It's only an interaction mod, not a career. Sounds like a possible mod conflict if removing it fixed the gardening issues for you.

My experience with scripting mods is completely different from yours. It's the Override/Tuning mods that always cause issues if they haven't been tested with the latest patch. All issues I've experience with scripting mods have been related to something their code directly affects.

I haven't looked at in depth at the Book of Talent's code, but it definitely has code to affect various skills. I would double check you have the latest version of that if you're still having issue.

Section jump