Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucia940
I just joined the group and the last posting I saw was in 2011. Just wondering if everyone gave in and started TS3. I may be alone in the sims 2 universe. lol

I went to the sims 3 and in only a day I couldn't hack it. It was too complicated and it didn't seem as realistic to me as the sims 2 did.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#27 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:59 PM
now everyone's gone, and it's just me here
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:49 PM
I still play sims 2, I once played sims 3, and it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Space Pony
#29 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TreeSims
I still play sims 2, I once played sims 3, and it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!

i play both...with all eps ...even medieval or life stories..and sims 3 has good points either
Forum Resident
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 2:46 AM
I tried to go back to The Sims 3, but that was after being VERY used to The Sims 2, and I got bored fast.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Space Pony
#31 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I tried to go back to The Sims 3, but that was after being VERY used to The Sims 2, and I got bored fast.

Same here
Instructor
#32 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:14 PM
I prefer the sims 2, I only play TS3 when I need a break from TS2 and it's more like... idk just a game to me. Like I just play one household and stuff...
Its like an emotionless TS2 even with moodlets. that stuff is very very annoying... It's go to work, fill needs, go hang out in a rabbithole, come home fill needs maybe some time for romantic stuff and then sleep to repeat.
TS2 is much more alive to me! The sims are prettier, I love the game so much more better

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 12:39 PM
I hate Sims 3 with a passion. I had bought Sims 3, world adv, ambition and supernatural and I have to tell you I dislike Sims 3 since first gameplay. Is extremely boring, is like watching wall paint dry. Nothing happens even with open world. Extremely predictable, no details and what annoys me immensely is that everybody looks like play-doh deformed creepy dolls. Is like they are all wearing creepy masks. The clothes fits the body weirdly *even the custom ones*. I thought it was lack of custom content but is not.

Like Bridie said it is emotionless, you dont get attached to a family and it seems that even though they have traits now those traits just show in the moodlets, but the actions and what they do if you let them on auto is so similar to everybody else. I can't explain very well, I tried hard to like Sims 3 for a month or two and tried to go back to it....but I just gave up. lol Waste of time and money for me. I like the fairies in supernatural but is not enough to play the game. Love Sims 1 and 2 though. Didnt play Sims 4 yet, anybody likes the last Sims game?
Banned
#34 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 9:28 AM
I play TS3 from time to time, as the computer running it is a laptop, making it more nimble. I also have TS4, which I've only played around three times. Me and my sister's love of The Sims started back in TS2. We waited for the expansions to come out, and when we got TS3, we got so excited... that you could see people driving. I now call it "Open World", of which TS4 isn't.

TS2 is better because it is the best in the series. While they've had some hiccups (i.e teen pregenancy videos, child abuse videos, etc.), the game is a piece of art, where anyone who can mod can create anything to their heart's content.

Shame TS2.com shut down. I am before the Freetime patch, and I'm NOT willing to take all of my mods out of the folder to install an update.
VERDICT: TS2>TS3>TS4. TS2 is the best, and will always be the best.
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 1:51 PM
Got TS2 from Origin when it was free. I have been pretty much left it running since September. I had played on consoles before because I never have new enough computers, so the game is even better this time. I played TS3 for a few hours to try it out last year. The creepy sameness and the crashing/lagging got to me, so I uninstalled it.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 2:29 PM
Neva! I Shall never go to sims 3.. completely. My mom has it on her computer so I play it sometimes. I have been a supportive sims play for over half my live I even played sims 1. But by far sims 2 is best!
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 11:59 AM
I'm still playing the Sims 2. I had almost everything and got the free ultimate, since I'd rebought bon voyage (disc scratch) digitally. Really disliked orgin and was so happy, when I got the next expansion on disc and could stop logging in, lol. Orgin and my Sims 2 ultimate is chugging on. It is a bit rough seeing so much custom content has disappeared.
I had tried Sims 3 with a couple expansions, including World Adventures and after two weeks of play, the save corrupted. There were so many bugs. There were things that I enjoyed. Some basic bug fixes are custom content created by the players. Any game that can't keep a functional save file is a game breaking defect. The crazier thing is they never fixed it. Years later and it still blows up. The Sims 3 just never shined and I missed setting up a town with all these families to create a community story. I couldn't even just create the community for the one playable family with the Sims 3. A friend has all of sims 3 and started sims 4. I haven't played any sims 4 yet. It's blatantly obvious different people made the sims 3 and 4 and they just haven't got the magic back yet. I don't miss shadows on Windows 10, as much as I should.
#38 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:06 PM
Yeah I've gone to TS3 and I like it but I still think TS2 is better
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 5:10 PM
Well, um, technically everyone's gone to TS4.
Instructor
#40 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:29 AM
Actually, I'm still on TS2 and have never played TS4, neither TS3 ...
However, I've just bought on the web some TS3 and I'm waiting ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 10:05 AM
Still haven't bought TS3 or 4 either (everyone else who said that is awesome : ) )
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 10:43 AM
I have gone back to TS2 as well, I gave my Sims 2 away to my cousin a couple of years back.
And I got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on origin :D
BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!! XD
I actually have TS3 and I loved it, but Sims 2 is way better I don't think I can go back to either Sims 3 nor Sims 4 now :o
Field Researcher
#43 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:21 PM
TS2 is way better than TS3 in my opinion.... no that's not just bc i cannot get TS3 to work properly honest.....

Seriously tho I wouldn't say TS3 is bad, it's just kinda not up to the par of the other games. I still play TS2, I got ultimate collection a few months back and I've racked up almost 300 hours but i do have nearly 2000 hours on TS4....

I still play TS2 a lot and even sometimes I play TS1. If I had to choose just one version of the sims I would find it hard to choose between TS2 and 4. My TS2 save is hella rad tho, whereas I got so bored of my sims 4 saves I deleted them all~ so until there is more stuff to do in TS4 i'd probably say my fave is TS2.

My ideal sims games would be a hybrid of 2 and 4 tbh, with some features from 1 (e.g. fame, TS1's magic instead of TS2's)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 8:19 PM
@Staarchild
That hybrid sure sounds amazing :O
But it would be EVEN better with openworld. One of the few things i majorly enjoyed in TS3
Field Researcher
#45 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jannwol
@Staarchild
That hybrid sure sounds amazing :O
But it would be EVEN better with openworld. One of the few things i majorly enjoyed in TS3

@jannwol
Open world was a cool idea, it's just a shame it was so laggy.... The technical issues i've had with ts3 is why it's my least favourite in the series. I've never had it work smoothly and as a result I hardly played it. I just got too frustrated with the lag and how buggy it was for me. It's a shame bc from what I managed to play it wasn't a bad game by any means. I tend to stick to ts2 tho bc it's the least strenuous for my laptop haha ts4 can sometimes make the fan start to make noise and that's not normal at all for this laptop haha
Field Researcher
#46 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:40 PM
I went to ts3 :-( I miss ts2 but the open world in ts3 got me hooked lol. ts2 has better loading times and interactions but it seems so.... lonely? i guess haha. I guess I just like ts3 more, but the loading times kill me. Every time the game crashes I just die inside because I know it's going to take like 20 minutes to load again (i have several gb of cc that i really need to cut down on!!)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:27 PM
@Fournier
I see that sucks :p
I have around 20 GB of cc for my Sims 2 game XD.
I am way to addicted to mah cc and mods XD
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 2:01 AM
Anyone still here ?
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 4:22 AM
I played the sims 3 but now I am back on the sims 2 I think it have a good mix in 2
Field Researcher
#50 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
I play sims 2 and 3. Heck I even play sims 1.

Wow, I wished I had Sims 1 but it was too late, they don't sell copies of the game anymore..or The Sims 2, luckily a friend of mine had a copy and I was able to get The Ultimate Collection on Origin.

Page 2 of 3