Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ice Princess
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:24 PM Last edited by just kathy : 4th Mar 2005 at 11:14 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Post an example of ALL University problems in this thread
I was thinking that with more and more people receiving the game it may be a good idea to have one thread people can scan thru and see what problems are none so they don't have to freak out. Daysies already has one for hacks/objects/recolors so this one should be for ingame problems.

For example...

1. The funky 60's bed shows in game as one of the regular cheap twin beds.
2. Memories are showing as red and green.
3. Neighborhoods at times show as a white and green grid. If this occurs try exiting the game and restarting. It should correct the problem.

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:25 PM
When the it says "On Hour til School" Or whatever my sim dies.
Ice Princess
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:27 PM
alien let me ask are you running any in game hacks?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:51 PM
When my Sims go to final exams I get a notice that they've gotten such and such grade, and if they'd made the Dean's list. Then I get a notice that they've missed the final exam and sometimes they go right on to academic probation.
Every once in a while they skip a semester as part of this.

No hacks in game.
#5 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:27 AM
question/problem, maybe?

i made 3 sims to move into a dorm. i got there and 3 rooms were empty, so i went to fill them for my sims. well, when i paused, i saw that the rooms were full..and one had 3 diff sims chillin' in there. so i pressed play again, and the room was empty again. but i could see their chat bubbles..anyone seen this or know what the heck it means??
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glittergrrl
question/problem, maybe?

i made 3 sims to move into a dorm. i got there and 3 rooms were empty, so i went to fill them for my sims. well, when i paused, i saw that the rooms were full..and one had 3 diff sims chillin' in there. so i pressed play again, and the room was empty again. but i could see their chat bubbles..anyone seen this or know what the heck it means??

I think if you move in a dorm that can have 8 Sims and you've only made 3, the 5 other rooms are occupied by Sims provided by the game. You're seeing the chat bubbles only because you have to go into to the room and interact with a Sim you made for you to see what going on inside the room.
#7 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:41 AM
ahh, thank you all for the fast replies. that makes sense. i thought i was having my first sim bug. :.wipes sweat from brow.:
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:48 AM
Nothing I do shuts off the music for neighbourhood screen, buy mode, create-a-sim, etc. I've got every song disabled in the settings but its still there. Movements our sims make now are hard to watch, they are pretty much overly-animated while playing piano, games, etc.

Thanks to that hack I just found, the young adults will not be moving like elders.

I give this expansion a 4 out of 10, with 10 being good. I'd still buy it, but I'm not very fond of what the Maxis people did to a big portion of it. Hairstyles don't include teens, kids or toddlers. Clothing is only for young adults but I've converted them all into adult. It would have been NICE to have clothing and hairstyles for all ages. It wouldn't have killed them to make all ages happier.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:51 AM
i have a problem with the new bodyshop. the sundress that the alien girl in la fiesta tech is wearing doesnt show up in bodyshop so i cant export it. i really wana know if its just me or is there anyone else with the same problem
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:51 AM
Here are a few I have had, no hacks.

1.) When my girl was in her senior year some of the other simmies in the dorm where see through (like ghosts-but no floating) and she could not interact with them.

2.) One of her friends went into her room one night and never came back out. I never really noticed it until I got the pop-up that her and the other girl were no longer best friends.

3.) When she sat on the floor to write in her diary the book was not open like normal but closed and kinda like it was stuck to her chest.

"If the apocolypse comes....Beep Me"
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:52 AM
Well... I just made a thread on this: 'Big Problem'... but I guess I'll post it here anyway.

When I start my Sims2 it starts fine and then when i gets to the neighborhood screen it shows all of my neighborhoods as green terrain with grids. When I try to load them it just sits on the first two loading bars and freezes. My sister was the last to use and it and claims she did nothing weird. What is the problem here? How can I fix it?

Thank you,
SimsFan2020
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:58 AM
All of my sims are gone!! The Pleasantview neighborhood now says Acadamie de la Tour and when I enter the neighborhood all my houses are there but they are empty and the bin is empty too. Even the townies are gone. HELP!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsFan2020
Well... I just made a thread on this: 'Big Problem'... but I guess I'll post it here anyway.

When I start my Sims2 it starts fine and then when i gets to the neighborhood screen it shows all of my neighborhoods as green terrain with grids. When I try to load them it just sits on the first two loading bars and freezes. My sister was the last to use and it and claims she did nothing weird. What is the problem here? How can I fix it?

Thank you,
SimsFan2020

Did you do a custom install or did you let it install to the default folder?

"If the apocolypse comes....Beep Me"
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:00 AM
default... i think
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:03 AM
SimsFan2020 I did a custom on my first try and mine did the same exact thing. I had to uninstall everything and re-install. I lost everything and I had Maxis tech support on the phone at the time. Never again!
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:04 AM
cruzinbaby247 you may want to try tech support with your question.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:04 AM
thanks ninastiels but I'm pretty sure i didn't do custom...
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:05 AM
I can get to the houses but the people wont move. Is anyone going to fix this? Because EA has royally pissed me off - and they don't test their games well enough.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:06 AM
stupid ea maxis..... ah
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:07 AM
I'm prolly gonna have to reinstall the stupid game which wan't even that great
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#21 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:09 AM
Several people have installed the game with no difficulties. So dont say maxis is stupid. Just carefully reinstall it the next time and pay attention to where you place things. Make sure to remove your downloads folder if you have anything in it.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
Several people have installed the game with no difficulties. So dont say maxis is stupid. Just carefully reinstall it the next time and pay attention to where you place things. Make sure to remove your downloads folder if you have anything in it.

You may be upset if you lost the work you put into your game. I didn't do anything wrong. I DID NOT do the custom installation and I had no hacks or anything. I don't know... i have a rewritable drive but DELL is insanely lame and when I recovered it I couldn't get the software back on so now I can't back up the crappy files.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:17 AM
I shouldn't have to re-install!! EA should make games that work the first time around!! They are going to fix this - or they will lose a VALUABLE CUSTOMER!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#24 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:43 AM
The game works fine first time around IF you do it properly.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:24 AM
Has anyone noticed that their voices disappear sometimes? It seems to coincide when a musical instrument is being played in the vicinity. Then at one point the stereo was "mute". This was at the Student Center in Academie Toure (sp?) and it happened when the sims were playing at the pool tables next to the stereo.
Page 1 of 8