Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 976 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets
Origin
Hello,

I've read and reread the how to uninstall and reinstall. I believe I've uninstalled successful and now I am ready to install again (well tomorrow, i'm tired today).

It states in reinstalling not to install origin, however for me origin is already installed. I did not see on the uninstall section a mention of uninstalling Origin's.

So my questions is, before I install TS3 and all of my EP's and SP's should I uninstall Origins?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:25 PM
If you already have installed Origin and it's updated to latest version, there is no need to uninstall it.
What the FAQ is "talking about" is EADM (EADownloadManager) which is not used any more by EA.
So when reinstalling game/s choose no when it ask if you wanto install that.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:15 AM
Default Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzader
If you already have installed Origin and it's updated to latest version, there is no need to uninstall it.
What the FAQ is "talking about" is EADM (EADownloadManager) which is not used any more by EA.

Thank you very much.
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzader
Uhm, no.
If OP is referring to the Uninstall FAQ on simswiki, then it does mean Origin. The EADM GUID is being reused in Origin.
Origin is updated too fast to keep track. And outdated Origin always plays havoc on people's games. So, when doing a Full uninstall, it is best to remove everything EA-Sims 3-related and redownload Origin at the point (or day) of doing the reinstall.
Quote:
It states in reinstalling not to install origin
Try not installing Origin at all until you have run the game once successfully. That's what the FAQ is trying to convey. The install Origin is the (optional) last step, IIRC.
I was informed that Digital Downloads do not need Origin to be able to run. But that was about a year ago, I think and I have no idea if this still holds true today. I cannot test as all my games are DVD versions. And I simply refuse to deal with Origin and redownload gigabytes of files just to have it confirmed. So, if someone who has Digital versions from Origin wants to let me know if this is still true today? It'd be appreciated!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:49 PM
Yes, one can still run digital game/s without having to run Origin (though i have it installed so can't say if it work without having it installed), however EA have changed how it save downloaded games now, they're not saved seperatly but saved directly to choosen install path, so if one uninstall game/s one have to download all over again...
Also Origin auto update it self though i think it always have but it's forced update now, if one do not update it shut down.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..

Section jump