Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Wardrobe Cleaner (updated Oct 17, 2012)

by Mootilda Posted 17th Oct 2012 at 9:45 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:45 PM by Nysha

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
transmogrified
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:51 AM
I haven't run this yet (making sure all my Sims are properly wardrobed first will take some time), but this is going to be a blessing for my multigenerational neighborhood. Especially for those removed cc outfits that result in random EAxis defaults cluttering up the playables' wardrobes. Thank you!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Oct 2012 at 2:57 AM.
Default Release History
Here is the release history for this wizard.

2012 / 10 / 17:
- Fixed a problem where a crash would occur if a neighborhood did not have a corresponding PNG file. For now, no picture will be displayed, but the neighborhood can still be selected.

2012 / 10 / 15:
The following modifications were made to Theo's original wizard:
- Fix a permissions problem which caused the wizard to crash.
- Use the save game path specified under Options, so that this wizard can be used with AnyGames.
- Accept all neighborhoods, not just those with the format N###.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Default To Do List
This is the To Do list for the wardrobe cleaner. Priority will be given to fixing bugs, but I'm always happy to hear suggestions for new features.

New features:
- Find some way to identify a family when multiple families have the same name. Suggestion: display family picture.
- When selecting one family, allow the user to select individual outfits to remove or keep. If multiple families are selected, this option will not be available and the normal wardrobe cleaning will occur.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:14 PM Last edited by FranH : 17th Oct 2012 at 8:17 PM.
Oh, Mootilda, you have made my heart leap with joy! This is something I need so badly I just about yelled "Yahoo! A wardrobe cleaner that works!" when I saw this today.

I have literal tons of stuff I'd love to get rid of (missing meshes) and there is no way to do it without messing up the whole shebang.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(That is, when I get it working properly..seems to have a run-time error on it, the window for such pops up..sigh.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:01 PM
This will be so useful!! Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:13 PM
I've been needing this! I'm playing a time-progression legacy, so all of that 60's clothing needs to go. It's 2024 in my game, for crying out loud!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 17th Oct 2012 at 8:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
(That is, when I get it working properly..seems to have a run-time error on it, the window for such pops up..sigh.)
Please post a screenshot of any errors you receive. Which operating system are you using? Which version of SimPE are you using? How far do you get into the process (for example, does the error occur as soon as you run Wizards of SimPE, or does it occur when you select the neighborhood, or when you select the family)?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:28 PM
Can't wait to try this out!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
Default Error
Also get an error the minute I load Wizards of SimPE and click Wardrobe Cleaner.

Screenshots
Site Helper
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:43 PM
Have you set the save game path in the Options screen? It looks like your path may be empty or invalid. What is your save game path?

Have you considered running the system test on the Options screen? It will tell you if there's a problem with your paths.

I can look into adding an error message if your save game path is empty or non-existent.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:28 PM
Thank you so much! I've got all kinds of unused outfits from gussying-up townies, so this is going to be fantastic.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 12:05 AM Last edited by Kattydid : 18th Oct 2012 at 12:59 AM.
I'm kind of a N00b when it comes to SimPE and such...I didn't even know about the Wizards of SimPE until today. xD But, I found it and attempted to open up the Wardrobe Cleaner, and got the same error message as @XanderGC. As far as I know, all the files are installed where they should be. (I've been wrong more than once, though. haha)

I went ahead and let the Wardrobe Cleaner try to load, which will take a while if it manages to work in spite of my having 17gigs or so in my Sim Downloads folder, far too many sim families, and a tendancy to cram my sim's dressers full of ridiculous amounts of clothing. xD
Site Helper
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 1:03 AM
Did you try my suggestions about the save game path and running the system test?
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 1:09 AM
I ran the test and surprisingly, it said everything was where it should be (in spite of my penchant for putting files in the wrong places). I put that one file in the SimPE plugin folder, and the rest in my regular Sim Downloads folder. Was I correct in putting the rest there, or should I move them somewhere else? (Hopefully the error message won't end up being a big deal, and the program will load correctly. *crosses fingers* )
Site Helper
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Oct 2012 at 2:05 AM.
If you're asking about the "src" folder, you don't need to extract it or put it anywhere. That's the source code for the program and isn't required unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to understand how the wizard works.

Does anyone who is having problems have subfolders in their Neighborhoods folder which are not valid neighborhood folders? Specifically, do you have any folders under Neighborhoods which do not have a corresponding <folder name>_Neighborhood.package file?

How about the <folder name>_Neighborhood.png file? Is the problem occurring when you have neighborhoods with no neighborhood picture?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 2:56 AM
Default New Update
Resolved a problem where a crash would occur if a neighborhood did not have a corresponding PNG file.

FranH, XanderGC, and Kattydid: Please let me know if this doesn't solve your problems.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 3:34 AM
I cleaned out all versions of SimPE I'd been running (yes, confusing, but version .66 worked wonderfully for me), and reinstalled .72.
Then I put in your program, and tried to run it. That error window referenced above did show up, and while I was able to load the program into SimPE, it went nowhere.
I had all the files in the right places, but did not run the 'test' in your program.

I will redownload your updated file, and perhaps it will work now. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Update:

It works!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 10:36 AM
I've longed for something like this since...since the Base game came out! Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:32 PM Last edited by XanderGC : 18th Oct 2012 at 9:12 PM. Reason: More info
Thanks Moo! - You were right I had to go into options and re-pick where everything was located. For some reason even though I didn't really change the Sims 2 installation folder it was still looking for it in another place.

I run Windows 7 OS 64 bit edition.

Now that I selected a family to cleanout their wardrobe, I'm gonna check and see what exactly it removed. Stay tuned. :D

Edit:
Went into the game and loaded the family I changed and was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked. They only had the outfits they had planned already and the rest of the outfits were gone. A nice way to declutter their closets that is for sure. While it would be nice to individually pick which outfits were to be trashed this is still a huge step forward and great without that feature. I'll continue to test it with some other families just in case.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Oct 2012 at 1:20 AM. Reason: fix typo
That's on my to-do list. When you choose an individual family, it would be nice if it would give you pictures of all of the outfits in the family wardrobe (all ages) and allow you to pick and choose which ones you want to keep. Since we already have the list of outfits, the hard part will be finding a reasonable picture for each outfit.

It might also make sense to list the ages and outfit categories for each outfit.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Kattydid : 19th Oct 2012 at 11:43 PM.
I redownloaded the file, and it works now. Thanks! I'm very excited to start clearing out my sim's closets and dressers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 11:46 PM
Thanks! I went back and reread your original instructions after posting the question, and realized that.
That would be an awesome future update! But even without that addition, I'm definitely excited about using this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 3:55 PM
Thank You, Mootilda. This tool is like razor!
it delete whole Binary Index if i select "check all"
( SimPE 0.72.1.33909
Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0)
I have error in CCCplugin (partial uninstall ccc), but Wardrobecleaner work perfekt and ignore this error
I have N009 with .png and old Tutorial without .png files
And Tutorial hood appear "Unknown" with the same icon like n009 It work!
Now we can see all addition outfits sorted by family and found in SimPE instances
(sorry for my english)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 11:57 PM
I haven't DL-ed or tried this tool yet - I prefer to wait until the selection option has been added - but I want to express my thanks anyway, Mootilda. Because this is an important step forward!

Alas, the folks at EAxis never considered any of the things that we players/modders would have expected. But fortunately, we have people like you, who find ways to fix those oversights. Well done!

I guess it's impossible, but wouldn't it be cool if this could be done *in-game*?
Page 1 of 3