Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2549 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:10 AM
Default Default replacement files via TSR Workshop?
Can I make default replacement file using tsrw? I really don't like that the fippers (shoes) which come with season are valid for random because then you are going to see half of the townies using them with their swimsuit So I just want to make a default replacement file for myself that makes those shoes not valid for random Anyone know how to do this?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:33 AM
Cannot be done in TSRW. It does not have a "do no renumber" option like S3OC does. TSRW renumbers (creates new cc) as soon as it sets up the project.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:56 AM
Alright thank you Inge. Well in that case could someone maybe direct me to a tutorial that teaches how to make default replacements? if it exists of course
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 9:06 AM
objects are possible, CASparts not
#5 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 9:31 AM
Yes, CASparts are possible.

PuffyAmi, in s3oc, under the Cloning menu, you will see CAS Part option. Choose the item, click "Clone or Fix" then on the panel that displays, untick "Renumber/rename internally". Click start. That will after a few moments write a new pacjage for you.

Open package with S3PE and delete all the listed packed resources except the one or ones you want to edit and override. Then just work on those. After you are finished, that package is your override and goes into Mods/Packages or however you have your Mods folder set up.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#6 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 11:10 AM
I suspect Bloom meant that TSRW can make default replacement objects, but not default replacement CAS parts.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 12:07 PM
Okie, I am familiar with the basics of s3oc, but I'm not really sure how to get the flipper shoes out of seasons in the first place. (if I can't use the tsrworkshop for this)
I guess I should open the FullBuild_p16 in S3PE but how to proceed exactly from that point on? Unless guiding how to make default replacement for a complete noob is too much explaining then I don't want to bother
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#8 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 12:27 PM
You don't need to use S3PE for that stage at all. Add your Seasons install directory to S3OC's game folder settings (I forget the exact name of the menu item, but it's fairly intuitive). Having done that, restart S3OC, and go Cloning -> CASParts. All the Seasons CAS content, including the flippers, will be in the list of items you can choose to clone.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#9 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 12:47 PM
The most recent QA of S3OC is already Seasons-aware, if you dare use a "test" version

Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 1:33 PM
Oh alright then, I had no clue S3OC could do that much! Well I better get to know the program better then Yeah, I'm fine with the test version, thanks!
#11 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 1:36 PM
I have just checked directly with the main TSRW developer and he confirms that TSRW can *not* create overrides. All TSRW projects are new CC with unique IDs.

Sockpuppet
#12 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:35 PM
true, but you can load a default replacement in it and edit it to your liking(sorry for not being more clear)