Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Army Officer Career - Updated 09/13/2014

by mflaha55 Posted 1st Dec 2012 at 3:53 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2014 at 5:06 PM by mflaha55 : Updated Spanish Translation.

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:32 PM
ALL RI-I-I-I-GHT!!! The Officer Career has finally arrived! Thanks, man! I didn't see some of those descriptors coming, but they're pretty nice in my opinion! I just wish we could get a real-looking Class-B shirt for the troopies--that's something I've been praying that some simmer would make--that, and a DI hat, among other things, lol. I've got a general sim who's been waiting for this, so now I can finally put his stars on! THANKS HEAPS!!! HOOAH!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 5:11 PM
Sooooo much better than the EA Military career, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmtexas1980
ALL RI-I-I-I-GHT!!! The Officer Career has finally arrived! Thanks, man! I didn't see some of those descriptors coming, but they're pretty nice in my opinion! I just wish we could get a real-looking Class-B shirt for the troopies--that's something I've been praying that some simmer would make--that, and a DI hat, among other things, lol. I've got a general sim who's been waiting for this, so now I can finally put his stars on! THANKS HEAPS!!! HOOAH!!!

jm - Thank you again for the job descriptions. I could identify with a few of them, especially from my "louie" days! And yeah, I'm not very satisfied with the Class B's, but I guess that's my motivation to learn how to mod clothing! I'd like to be able to add rank insignia on the hats, berets, Class A's (stripes on the sleeves for enlisted and brass on the shoulders for officers), definitely spruce up the Class B's (ribbons, name plate, rank insignia), stuff like that to make it even more realistic and make it easier to identify the different ranks around town. Maybe even someday being able to create the DI hats! Thanks for all of your support on these projects!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 6:59 PM
Hey, a decent military style career! Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:36 PM
Oh! Now THAT llooks good. Can´t wait to try it out in the game.
Is it possible to see Lawyer career (or something similar) in the near future?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 9:33 PM
Amazing! Waited a long time with EA military career, THIS is what I really wanted! Good job. (do you upload sims too? )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Hey, a decent military style career! Great job!

missyhissy - Thanks for the compliment! I have downloaded several of your careers. They're great! Thank YOU for you great work, as well!

Quote: Originally posted by Raven-Soul
Oh! Now THAT llooks good. Can´t wait to try it out in the game.
Is it possible to see Lawyer career (or something similar) in the near future?

Raven-soul - ElliotDX has created a Law career based on the TS2 career here in case you'd like to check it out. If you'd like to see a Law career with a different set of job descriptions, I'm open to considering creating one. I just don't want to "flood the market" so-to-speak when these careers already exist.

Quote: Originally posted by Lishca
Amazing! Waited a long time with EA military career, THIS is what I really wanted! Good job. (do you upload sims too? )

Lischa - Thanks for the kind words. Without being too shamelessly self-serving , if you're looking for more realistic military careers for your sims, I recommend you add my Army Enlisted Career, which I originally created to replace the EA Military career and which compliments the Army Officer career, to your game as well.

As to uploading sims, I do not currently do that, nor is it somethig I'm considering in the near future. I'm sticking to custom careers for now. If you are interested in the sims I used as models for the screenshots, they are all EA sims. The two I used for this career are Pauline Wan and Hank Goddard (minus his goatee) from Sunset Valley. I suppose uniforms can make ANYONE look good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:43 AM
Thank you for honoring our wonderful military folks here in the US with such a nice mod. Love the detail you've put into it!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:42 PM
Hey! I want to translate this great mod into Danish, but I cant figure out how to edit in the .package file i got from the translation only rar - so how do i do this??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NumSimish
Hey! I want to translate this great mod into Danish, but I cant figure out how to edit in the .package file i got from the translation only rar - so how do i do this??

NumSimish - you'll need to open the .package file in S3PE and edit the "Strings Army Officer English" STBL file. If that sounds like alot of gibberish to you, I've attached a copy of the text file itself. Once you have unzipped the file, double click on it and it should open in Notepad. Then simply translate the text that you see between each of the <STR></STR> symbols. When you're finished, save the file (now translated into Danish), place it in a .zip or .rar file and attach it to a post to this thread. Good luck and thanks for your interest in translating this career!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  mflaha55_Army Officer Career String File-Text.zip (4.4 KB, 22 downloads)
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 2:42 PM
Good ! I know the system in the .txt file, have already done one translation before, so its nice you gave me this . I will get back then Im done with this Any deadline from your side??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NumSimish
Good ! I know the system in the .txt file, have already done one translation before, so its nice you gave me this . I will get back then Im done with this Any deadline from your side??

NumSimish - Hey! Take all the time you need! I'm not on any deadlines. This is my way of escaping from work! And thank you for your interest in translating my career. I await your response.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:49 PM
I love this career, this is so going in my game. I also love the different military hats for each level
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:04 PM
Anyone able to get retirement to work for this mod? I can't retire...
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
NumSimish - you'll need to open the .package file in S3PE and edit the "Strings Army Officer English" STBL file. If that sounds like alot of gibberish to you, I've attached a copy of the text file itself. Once you have unzipped the file, double click on it and it should open in Notepad. Then simply translate the text that you see between each of the <STR></STR> symbols. When you're finished, save the file (now translated into Danish), place it in a .zip or .rar file and attach it to a post to this thread. Good luck and thanks for your interest in translating this career!

hi can you put it in Spanish i already translated ill send you the attach file thanks for that awesome work and thanks again
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Strings ArmyOfficer Spanish.rar (4.6 KB, 12 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kylefunck2003
Anyone able to get retirement to work for this mod? I can't retire...

Hi, kylefunck2003! Sorry about the retirement problem. The tutorial I used didn't mention anything specifically related to retirement and how to trigger it for a custom career. I'm checking into it, but in the meantime, you can use twallan's Master Controller to trigger retirement. Click on your sim and on the pie menu, choose NRaas > Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > Retire. Your Sim Panel will show your sim as retired. Don't get excited, however, when you see the pension as "per hour" and not as "per day." It appears to be a small glitch in reporting the pension. Retirement should function normally after this. (My thanks to kithri who encountered this same problem in her Night Stalker career, and provided ths work-around!).

"Old soldiers never die. They just fade away". - General Douglas MacArthur
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 9:38 PM
Idk why but this career doesnt work for my game,i have the latest custom career thing but everytime i use this on my game it says there is a script error
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 10:44 PM
This Career really is interesting! I also think that the game misses such Career. (I'm not that fond of Astronauts..) Thank you for that awesome Career!

I got that .txt file there. Mind if I translate it to German? I would do in the next days if you don't mind. I don't really know that script work but I can see what I'd need to translate. So if you don't mind: I'll do a translation of this Career to german I'm bored so xD don't misunderstand! I do work serious even if I'm bored ^_^ just want to help out.
(I also can do other german translations for you if you want to. Just tell me. Always hold a back door open, I'd say xD)

but I have one question:
Do I have to translate the things in "<KEY>" too?
(yay for clicking wrong button x.x)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 1:07 AM Last edited by mflaha55 : 27th Dec 2012 at 1:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lilChibitan
This Career really is interesting! I also think that the game misses such Career. (I'm not that fond of Astronauts..) Thank you for that awesome Career!

I got that .txt file there. Mind if I translate it to German? I would do in the next days if you don't mind. I don't really know that script work but I can see what I'd need to translate. So if you don't mind: I'll do a translation of this Career to german I'm bored so xD don't misunderstand! I do work serious even if I'm bored ^_^ just want to help out.
(I also can do other german translations for you if you want to. Just tell me. Always hold a back door open, I'd say xD)

but I have one question:
Do I have to translate the things in "<KEY>" too?
(yay for clicking wrong button x.x)

lilChibitan - By all means, feel free to translate the career into Deutsch! And thanks for the compliment! You do not have to translate the text between the <KEY> symbols, just between the <STR> symbols. If you'd like to translate the Army Enlisted Career as well, please feel free to do so. I think I added a .txt file to that one to make translating easier. My Oceanography Career has already been translated to German.

Just attach your translated file to a post in this thread when you're finished with your translation.

Quote: Originally posted by mystike944
Idk why but this career doesnt work for my game,i have the latest custom career thing but everytime i use this on my game it says there is a script error

mystike944 - Does the career not run at all, or does it run, but you are warned of a script error? Do you also have twallen's Error Trap installed? If you do, it should write a Script Error .xml file to your Sims 3 folder under MyDocuments. You can open it with Notepad to see what the error is. If you do that and the error begins with Messages concerning the replacement of Music Skill metrics (see below), I think you should be able to ignore the script error. I receive this one everytime I use the career, and I haven't noticed any problems.

The Script error begins like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<NRaas.Careers>
<ModVersion value="69"/>
<BuildVersion value="0.2.0.177"/>
<Installed value="BaseGame, EP1, EP2, EP3"/>
<Enumerator value="1"/>
<Content>

-- Messages --

Replace Metric Music Skill
Metric Replaced: Symphonic 6
Metric Replaced: Symphonic 7
Metric Replaced: Symphonic 8
Metric Replaced: Symphonic 9
Metric Replaced: Symphonic 10
Metric Replaced: Base 1
Metric Replaced: Base 2
Metric Replaced: Base 3
Metric Replaced: Base 4
Metric Replaced: Base 5
Metric Replaced: ElectricRock 6
Metric Replaced: ElectricRock 7
Metric Replaced: ElectricRock 8
Metric Replaced: ElectricRock 9
Metric Replaced: ElectricRock 10

(There's a whole lot more data, but I won't include it here for obvious reasons!)

Has anyone else encountered this problem as well?
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Beantower : 11th Jan 2013 at 6:21 AM.
Has anyone else encountered this problem as well?

I have a strange case here, The Mod is detected at the main menu, but I canno't find it once I load up a naborhood.
I have tried placeing it in overides and I have tried deleteing the Script cache.
Could it be because some other mod who is causeing this problem?
This goes for both of you'r military careers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beantower
I have a strange case here, The Mod is detected at the main menu, but I canno't find it once I load up a naborhood.
I have tried placeing it in overides and I have tried deleteing the Script cache.
Could it be because some other mod who is causeing this problem?
This goes for both of you'r military careers.

Beantower - Sorry to hear you're having problems with the mod. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that the mod is detected at the main menu. Is this the initial menu from which you select a new game or a saved game? If so, I've never seen where you can identify any mods at that stage. Once you load your saved game (or open a new one), the "Join career" option can be easily found when you click on the Military Base (you need to have a Military Base rabbithole in your neighborhood/world, or the mods I created won't be as easiliy available as you'll need to find them through the newspaper or computer, which is more randomized. Using the computer or newspaper may take several tries before the career shows up). Does your neighborhood have the Military Base rabbithole (either separately or combined with the City Hall)?

Again, be sure you have twallan's Base Career mod installed in your Mods/Packages folder along with my career mod and that the version matches the patch your game is currently patched to (for example, if your game is patched to 1.42, then be sure you have twallen's mod which is configured for the 1.42 patch). Also, try deleting all of the files designated as "cache" files before loading your game.

Othewise, I have no idea why the mod doesn't seem to show up in your game. It really shouldn't conflict with other mods.
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 11:35 PM
Hey man. I love your mods. Just some questions:

Do you think you'll ever be able to customize the uniforms further? AKA more insignias and stuff? (Is it even possible? I don't really know about TS3 modding)

Do you think you'd be able to update the camouflage pattern to the digital camouflage pattern ARPAT (AKA the pixelated squared one) in both this mod and the Army Enlisted Career mod?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iosif
Hey man. I love your mods. Just some questions:

Do you think you'll ever be able to customize the uniforms further? AKA more insignias and stuff? (Is it even possible? I don't really know about TS3 modding)

Do you think you'd be able to update the camouflage pattern to the digital camouflage pattern ARPAT (AKA the pixelated squared one) in both this mod and the Army Enlisted Career mod?

Iosif - I'd love to be able to create proper uniforms with insignia, ribbons, etc., but am an abject failure at modding clothing at present. I'll keep trying because I, too, am not satisfied with my uniforms! Thanks for your interest in my mods!
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 6:52 PM
Iosif - I'd love to be able to create proper uniforms with insignia, ribbons, etc., but am an abject failure at modding clothing at present. I'll keep trying because I, too, am not satisfied with my uniforms! Thanks for your interest in my mods!

Best of luck, then! Keep us updated on any progress, too!
Page 1 of 3