Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Horse Eyes

by corapntr Posted 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:56 PM - Updated 4th Dec 2012 at 6:22 PM by corapntr

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 3:22 PM
Thank you!
I know horses have relatively dark eyes but it drove me insane that in-game, they looked souless. XD

Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 3:45 PM
The original horses' eyes are so ugly. Your defaults are much better! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:19 PM
Fantastic. Keep 'em coming!
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:29 PM
Well, that didn't work so well. :/ I'm now stuck in the "eye color" menu and need to restart my game because the UI refuses to accept any input.

What I did: selected pre-saved eye color -> went to edit color -> stuck in UI.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:47 PM
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!
I was starting to get frustrated.. soo many others have promised to make these or stated they did make them and would upload them "eventually".
You are now my hero!! =D
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 5:06 PM
Update: I think this may be due to the interface changes with Seasons. I noticed my default interface looks different now that I've removed your mod. I take it this was made without Seasons?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 6:54 PM Last edited by corapntr : 4th Dec 2012 at 1:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Well, that didn't work so well. :/ I'm now stuck in the "eye color" menu and need to restart my game because the UI refuses to accept any input.

What I did: selected pre-saved eye color -> went to edit color -> stuck in UI.

This default should have nothing to do with color selection. If anything borks, the only thing you'll see is black soul-less eyes and it sounds more like a game issue.

Do you use any game starter? If so select only the base game and pets. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250555

Also I made this with ALL EPs installed and also used anygame starter and confirms it works in both.

I will test it once more.

UPDATE:
Tested. Works in any instance with or without all EPs so long as there is pets.

Did you confirm you are not running on integrated graphics? (that was a problem for me until I custom tuned it)

Here is a thread related to getting stuck in CAS
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=485438

In any case if none of that checks out I'm going to go ahead and re-install my game.

There is something slightly odd going on with one of my families anyways that while could be seasons related may mean something borked during install.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:23 PM
Yet to check, thank you!!! :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:40 PM
Thankyou! The other eyes from Silverdragon doesn't work for me. *holds thumbs that these will*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 9:32 PM Last edited by corapntr : 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Also note that these may NOT , I repeat, MAY NOT change horses you've already made.

I have several instances of several horses on my system. Those who used ea eyes stayed ea eyes. However I am adding a may in there now because it may change all your eyes to defaults on your game.

If you want to change horses you've already made you can edit them using a mod like mastercontroller or awesomemod.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:28 PM
Ooh, they're here. Finally my horses are going to look normal and not like some soulless zombie animals. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:19 PM
Nice! Now people will stop bugging me to do this XD
If you want existing horses to be affected, I would say clearing the caches should do that, I know doing that helped for dog/cat eyes during testing times when I made mine, so maybe try that?
Again great job!!

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 12:31 AM
Fecking Awesome!!!!!!!!!! <3333333
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 12:49 AM
Thank you SO much, the original horses eyes was... ridiculous (seriously EA?). *downloads*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:36 AM
@traelia
I doubt it. Your mods are very clean looking so I'm pretty sure people will still bug you for it

yw all. I am currently doing a system re-install to re-investigate if there are issues with my game build. I am also doing a repatch. If it all checks out then I take it I won't need to update this. We'll see though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 2:23 AM Last edited by shiann : 4th Dec 2012 at 4:31 AM. Reason: Found something
Thank you so much! :'D these are absolutely gorgeous! No more editing eyes in screenshots for me :D

EDIT 1 Gorgeous though these are it seems I have one little bug...
It seems the left eye is lighter than the right eye...

EDIT 2: I cleared my Caches and the problem went away. I thought about just deleting my last edit but I figure someone else may have the same issue. ^_^" These are just perfect! Thank you! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 6:15 AM
Do these work on asymmetrical eyes? Sorry, I can't tell from the pictures if one is an example or not...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 6:28 AM
i love you.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:25 AM
Wonderful, Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 12:16 PM
HECK YES!!!! Someone FINALLY made horse eyes!!!!!

Thank you so much. The vanilla horsie eyes were butt ugly. This was badly needed <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:33 PM
You.
Are.
A goddess.
Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:00 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have been hoping someone would do this! Vanilla horse eyes give the horses a freaked out appearance to me, like they're scared or just mean spirited. Your mod gives my Sims horses the beautiful, gentle horse eyes I love.
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 6:42 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! ♥♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 7:37 PM
This is fantastic. In real life i dislike horses terriably and with EA's bogeyed style souless look i never really made horses. With this though they look less evil to me so im defo downloading!

Glad someone finally got rid of the Vanilla eyes for horses!!
Page 1 of 4