Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Bon Voyage
Default Any way to leave furniture in apartment after move out.
Exactly like in the title of that thread. Is there any way to make the furniture stay in the apartment after moving out my sims family? I tried the Stay-Things Shrub mod, but it doesn't work for apartments

I need it, couse I have overused boolprop cheat and now, when sims come back to the apartment by the car, it takes them an hour (couse they r blocked at the beginning of the street and they r like suspended in air without a car) and the car changes the colour to basic. It's annoying. And only moving out and then moving in back helps for that bug. But all of the stuff disappears and I have to decorate whole apartments again...

So can you help me with that problem, please? Or maby anybody knows how to fix that bug without moving out sims?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:37 AM
I don't play with apartments much, so forgive me if this is useless. But, have you tried just having them rent the apartment furnished?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nting_Furnished
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 1:08 AM
Thank you for answer

But it still isn't it, because first i need to move out my sims without loosing their furniture. But automaticly, when I move out them, all furniture disappears. I'll try to do that, maby the furniture will appear some magic way...? No harm in trying that idea.

Edit: No, unfortunately it doesn't work :<
Site Helper
#4 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 2:45 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 17th Dec 2012 at 3:09 AM.
Apartments remain furnished when the family moves out. I just verified this on my computer. If the apartment building is unoccupied after the family moves out, you can confirm it by editing the apartment building.

Therefore, you should just need to move your family into a furnished apartment.

If this isn't the way that your game works, is it possible that you've downloaded something which changes the default behavior?

Did your family move into an unfurnished apartment and then furnish it themselves? I wonder whether those changes somehow didn't make it to the base apartment lot? If that's the case, then you'd be better off to furnish the apartment when it's unoccupied and then move your family into the furnished apartment.

[Update:]

I verified that as well. If your sim rents an unfurnished apartment and then furnishes it and moves out, the original furniture will still be in the apartment. So, if you want furniture to remain, be sure to furnish the apartment before you move a sim in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:28 PM
Heh I see u don't play sims 2 too much It's obvious (in this case) that I move in my sims to unfurnished apartments. That's the reason why the furnishes disappears and i'm looking for an idea how to make that furniture stay in the apartment after moving out.

Decorate the apartment before anybody moves in is for me useless, because it takes much time of mine, more cash from sims (probably) and also my sims make many decorating changes during the living in that apartment, so... equipping that apartment before moving in sims is pointless.

Anybody else has an other idea, or maby knows how to fix that bug which cars?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 2:19 PM
Have you tried putting the stay things shrub inside the apartment living area? No idea if it would work or not. But maybe it needs to be placed in the sims "ownable" area.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 3:24 PM
I tried so many combinations with stay-things shrub. Tried to put it in the apartment, put around of the block, change lot zoning with the shrub... Nothing helped :<
Site Helper
#8 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mlody1988sim
I see u don't play sims 2 too much
Actually, I play Sims 2 a lot. However, as I admitted in my first post, I rarely play apartments, mainly because of all of the problems with apartments.

Here's the thing: Once you know the rules of the game, you either have to follow them, or find a mod which changes the rules. I've told you the rules, which I determined through research. If you don't like the rules, then you'll want to find (or create) a mod to change them. For this, post in the WCIF forum.

Note that I do not believe that such a mod exists. Even the enhanced move-out mods that Phaenoh and I have been working on will not change the way that apartments work. That's because of the fundamental way that apartments work.

If you do not get an answer to your WCIF, then the next step is to see whether there are any creators who would be willing to look into this problem for you. For this, check out this list:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615

Heh I see u don't play sims 2 too much It's obvious (in this case) <...>
At this point, I'd like to suggest that insulting creators isn't the best way to get them on your side. Yes, I am a creator. Yes, I create mods. Yes, I am looking at the move-out code, specifically the code which allows a lot to remain furnished. Yes, I have an idea about how your problem might be resolved, but it would require time and research.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:12 PM
I didn't want to insult anyone. I just thought that u don't play too much in the sims 2 (and in apartments) an u may don't know how it works, so i just wanted to realise you that. Sorry if u felt insulted. And thank you for helping me <3

So, where can i write my request for a mod? In WCiF section?

Mootilda: If u will find the way how to slove my problem, please writne here I will be very grateful! (and sorry one more time, i didn't mean to be unpleasant for u).

And also, if anybody else knows any way to slove my problem without mods, write it here too please.
Site Helper
#10 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:45 PM
She already answered your question about where to post.

First ask in WCIF if anybody knows of a mod which has been made. She doubts that there is one, but it never hurts to ask.

Then, if there isn't one, check the list of creators (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615) who are willing to take requests, and see if you can find one who is willing to take a request for a complicated mod. If you find one, send them a polite PM with details of your request. Inge also has no quarrel with someone updating her mods, so you could look for someone willing to figure out a way to get the Staythings shrub to work in an apartment. She just doesn't handle Sims 2 anymore, so don't try asking her to do it.

Or wait until Mootilda and Phaenoh manage to solve their problem and download the mod they make, as she has already stated that they are working on a similar problem, and have been working on it for a while now..

Meanwhile you could always try furnishing a second apartment on another lot with all the furnishings that are currently in your apartment. When you have to move them, use the rent furnished cheat to move them into that one. Then start keeping their old apartment updated with changes they made in the new one so when you have to move them again you can move them back to the first one.
I don't know how well that would work, as I've never had Apartment Life, but I know you can evict dormies in Uni by moving in another playable. I would suspect you can evict the NPCs in an apartment by renting it out from under them. And if the process involves clicking a door to rent the place, it seems likely that the ones evicted would be the ones who live inside that door.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:57 PM
I can do it by other way - just take all items with sims equipment, and after removing just put all things in their order places. But you know - it takes so much time, especially with large apartments.

And sorry for double asking and other misunderstandings - I'm just not an English and sometimes some things doesn'c comes to me, I don't realise it immediately or don't realise it in the right way.
Site Helper
#12 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 17th Dec 2012 at 7:24 PM.
There is one other thing that might work.

The basic problem is that occupied apartments work by copying the base apartment lot before moving the family in. All changes to the lot are made to that copy (also called a "Sub Lot"), not to the base lot. When the family moves out, the copy containing all of their furniture is deleted. The next family to move in gets a fresh copy of the base lot. This is why the Stay-Things Shrub will fail, regardless of where it is placed.

To solve the problem, you need to find a way to make the changes to the base lot, rather than to the copy. There are cheats which enable modifications to the common areas of the lot; those cheats will make the changes to both the base lot and the copy. Use of those cheats while furnishing the apartment might actually convince the game to change the furnishings inside of the apartment, rather than just changing the common areas. Note that I haven't tried this, but it might be worth a try. Specifically, I'm thinking about aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled and possibly aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ts#Build_Cheats

That still won't help with your current furnished lot, since it will likely only pick up new changes, not existing changes. There may be a way to salvage those furnishings, but (as explained above) it would require some research. If you backup your game now, I'll let you know if I figure out a way. If you'd like to share your neighborhood with me, I'd even be willing to see whether I can salvage your existing furnishings.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Or wait until Mootilda and Phaenoh manage to solve their problem and download the mod they make, as she has already stated that they are working on a similar problem, and have been working on it for a while now..
Unfortunately, the mod that we're working on still won't solve the furnished apartment issue. That's a completely new problem that requires a completely new solution.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 8:14 PM
I have tried your idea in many, many combinations before. I always want to check all ways to do/fix sth in sims before i'll ask for help I'm using boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled all the time (and maby that's the reason why my flats r broken :<). I've tried to fix it in many ways, for example I moved in 2 differents sims (as separate families), changed lot zoning, deleted all apartmen doors and bought some new furniture. And it didn't help too - after remove one sim the whole block of flats came back to basic, as u said. And I've also tried your idea - it doesn't work too. Maby i will request someone for accommodate stay-things shrub to apartments, but I will wait a little time for other ideas. Maby someone knows how to slove that problem....

BIG THANKS FOR YOU <3
Site Helper
#14 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Dec 2012 at 2:12 AM.
i will request someone for accommodate stay-things shrub to apartments
The technique used in the Stay-Things Shrub will not work for apartments. There's no way to "fix" the shrub to work for apartments.

Instead, the mod that you want would have to deal with the fact that only the sub lot has the modified furnishings, preferably by transferring those furnishings to the base lot before move out.

I just confirmed that the sub lot sticks around for a short while after the family has been evicted, and that it's possible to substitute the sub lot package for the base lot package to retrieve your furnishings. In this case, I used the Stay-Things Shrub to ensure that the sub lot would remain furnished, although it's not clear that this is necessary.