Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 11:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Supernatural
Default My sims 3 game launcher (and game) isn't working?
Ahh, my first post ever. I'm actually kind of nervous, ha.. I have read through your FAQs and searched everywhere for a solution to this, but I cannot find one. So anyway, for Christmas I got some new Sims 3 expansion packs, so I uninstalled by current Sims 3 base game (long story why) and I have been re-installing it but it hasn't been working. I thought everything went okay (re-installing the base game), but when I try and click on the launcher it says "Sims3Launcher has stopped working". I have been looking online and everything I read tells me to uninstall and re-install. I have done that three times now, and I have also restarted my computer a few times after I installed it. Nothing's working! (Oh, and I know that there are ways to start the game without the launcher, but that's not working for me. Plus I want more of a permanent solution.)

I have no idea what to do now, please help!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 4:14 PM
If bypassing the launcher isn't working (and your shortcut is to the right .exe file) then you have more trouble than just a squirrely launcher. (And are probably getting into technical areas...)

How did you uninstall?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook