Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Official MTS 2013 Photo Contest Calendar -2 Versions!- + Holidays!

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:30 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2013 at 6:23 PM by Phaenoh

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:22 PM
Cute :3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:40 PM
Great calender! :-) I love the idea of the holidays version, I will definitely be using that. With something that reminds me to celebrate stuff maybe my sims will actually be able to enjoy a "Winter Day" for once! :-D Thanks for sharing! :-)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Great calender! :-) I love the idea of the holidays version, I will definitely be using that. With something that reminds me to celebrate stuff maybe my sims will actually be able to enjoy a "Winter Day" for once! :-D Thanks for sharing! :-)
This works hand in hand with my Summer Vaca & Winter's Day mod. Imagine that! :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 10:54 PM
Lovely! The Holiday Pop-ups might remind me to actually use the holiday stuff... hmm
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:18 AM
As a Medieval player, this gets me all excited-- however, I've got questions. Does the calendar work if you've got a season-length mod, or in 'hoods with different seasonal spreads to simulate different climates? (For example, is it New Year's twice a year in Three Lakes and Nation's Day every five days on Twikkii Island? Or for sub-hoods where Sims actually live, if my University is all autumn all the time, can my students still get engaged on Lovers' Day? If I use a six-day seasons mod so I can correct Sims' astrological signs to where they'd actually fall in a year without having to watch the clock, would that fail to play nice with the calendar?) Also, how hard would it be to add new pop-ups? I've got a system set up where my Sims pay taxes twice a year and tithes once a year (they pay zero bills, so this isn't too unfair), but those aren't really what you'd call holidays, even if pop-up reminders would really help.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:29 AM
If you have a seasons-length mod you are going to have troubles, because the calendar is expecting only 20 days. The holidays will only show up once during those 20 days, so it really doesn't matter what actual season you have it set to. The six-day season mod isn't going to like this. With a lot of work you could make yourself a 24 day calendar, but its going to require a bunch of changes in lots of places.

If you want to add in additional pop ups though, it's dead simple. I guessed that someone might ask about that so I made the coding easy. Open up the calendar and look at the difference between Spring 1 and Spring 2. Spring 2 has the lover's day pop up and Spring 1 has nothing. Copy the pop up code to whatever day you'd like and write a new text string for it and you are set.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:10 AM
Thank you so much for getting back to me! I'll take a look at that and try to figure it out. (My game will probably have a popup for every single day.)

What about 'hoods or subhoods with non-standard seasons? Do they repeat seasonal holidays or does the year just march straight on whether it's snowing or baking hot on Winter's Day?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 7:26 AM
Any hood with any season set up with have Lover's Day on the second day of the year and Winter's Day on the 19th day - regardless of season. The holidays are based on the date - not the season.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 1:54 PM
I love it! The holidays are a very nice touch, and I will definitely be giving my sims a shot at celebrating them =) You make such lovely stuff, Phae!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 8:48 PM
I love this so much! I'm really excited to see how this works in my game Thank you so much for sharing this mod and all the hard work you have put in to this! I have one question. Would it be alright if I made a few recolors and shared on my personal blog? I wouldn't upload the mesh at all and would direct everyone to this thread. I like a strictly maxis match/Simlish game and I think others might like it too. (Also, I'm imagining like an all cat calender or pinup calender) Would that be okay? I understand if not, and I appreciate all the hard work from you and those who submitted the great pictures. Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This works hand in hand with my Summer Vaca & Winter's Day mod. Imagine that! :P

Sadly I'll have to settle with imagining it, as I'm a committed Inteen user! :-D I did read the thread though, it certainly looked interesting! :-)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hlvspomtactfr
Would it be alright if I made a few recolors and shared on my personal blog? I wouldn't upload the mesh at all and would direct everyone to this thread. I like a strictly maxis match/Simlish game and I think others might like it too.
Unfortunately, you can't. The calendar is not recolorable. (Echo and I tried last year and weren't able to get it to work). The only way to make recolors is to clone it entirely. Sorry!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:20 AM
ROFL I love it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:52 PM
All these pictures are really funny! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 12:07 AM
No worries! I had a look at the old calender and I think it'll fit great. I playtested this a bit and threw a smashing spooky day bash and loved every minute! Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:47 AM Last edited by crystal70 : 10th Jan 2013 at 7:46 PM.
I only checked out January - and that was so cute and funny I'm downloading the whole calendar right now. : )

I never pay more than a couple of bucks for a calendar but my sims are going to pay 100 simoleans for this one!

The creativity, time and work are so impressive and wonderful.

Thank you.

ps it shows base game compatible. I'm playing with only my base game right now though I do have expansion packs (Sims2) - it will still work right?

. . . . ..

ok, just saw the note under the different downloads! Thanks! Got them all - one for now and one for when I install the expansions again !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 2:06 AM
I'm so slow! I didn't realize my picture was in this. Haha downloading now as I can't wait to see it in my game!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 6:56 PM
If you want to add in additional pop ups though, it's dead simple. I guessed that someone might ask about that so I made the coding easy. Open up the calendar and look at the difference between Spring 1 and Spring 2. Spring 2 has the lover's day pop up and Spring 1 has nothing. Copy the pop up code to whatever day you'd like and write a new text string for it and you are set.

Apologies for asking things that are probably very obvious, but would it be possible for you to explain this in more detail for me? Do you mean the BHAV's bit in the file? How do I copy things from one to another, or delete pop-ups from days where I don't want them? I'm sure it's very straightforward when you know how but I can't figure it out....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 14th Jan 2013 at 3:32 AM.
Very simple, and its no trouble at all to explain things. You have to learn somehow right? Btw, the way the days are named in the package is Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter, so the 7th day of the year is Summer 2 and the 14th day is Fall 4.

For the days that have pop ups that you want to get rid of, open up that day's BHAV and there will be 3 lines. The third line says Dialog text notification. Make the line above it's True Target = Return True instead of 0x2. You can also delete the third line, but you don't need to. Commit and save.

For days that do not have pop ups that you want to add yourself, open up the Text List 'Dialog prim string set' and add new lines at the bottom that say whatever you want your pop up message to say. Commit. Then open up the BHAV for the day you want to add it to. Click Add and set the second line's True Target to 0x2. Then click on the new third line and change the OpCode to be 0x0024. Next click on the little ["] button over on the side and replace those numbers with "00010400F10807020000070001000000". Lastly, click on the Pop Up Wizard's button (next to the ["] button, looks like a hammer and wrench) and click on the arrow button next to Message and pick your new one from the list. Hit Okay, Commit, and Save. That's it!

Edit: Also, YAY this is my 4,000 post! I'm very glad it's a useful one!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 12:00 PM
Thank you! I managed to do the first bit (removing pop-ups) but will have to wait until later to try adding pop-ups as my Mum's nagging me to get ready :-D Thank you very much for your clear instructions! I do use SimPE quite a bit for some stuff but I'd never done anything with BHAV's before :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 12:58 PM
This looks amazing, I've just downloaded and can't wait to try it. I've given up on Sims 3 cause I hate a lot of the changes they've made and have been looking for stuff to make Sims 2 more fun.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:47 PM Last edited by cathteg : 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:31 PM.
This is amazing and I love it! There's only one thing--the dates are all off (on the 20-day holiday one) and my Sims keep being told it's Spooky Day when it's nearly New Year, and so on. I assume I've done something to mess it up--was I supposed to set it when they bought it, or wait to buy it on a particular day, or...something?

(Edit: And I just saw the update; I'm not sure if I downloaded it before that or not, so will try just getting it again and fixing that way. Thanks again!)

edit again: Nope, it told me it was Lovers Day at the end of summer.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM
What do you mean the dates are off? You probably don't have your seasons lined up with the way the year works. There are 4 season quadrants that can be set however you like, and new year's eve is the very last day of the 4th quadrant. Spooky day is near the end of the third quadrant. Is that how you are expecting the year to work? If that's indeed what you have and it's still not working correctly, can you take a screenshot of the pop up notice and the season UI together?
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 9:17 PM
What do you mean the dates are off? You probably don't have your seasons lined up with the way the year works. There are 4 season quadrants that can be set however you like, and new year's eve is the very last day of the 4th quadrant. Spooky day is near the end of the third quadrant. Is that how you are expecting the year to work? If that's indeed what you have and it's still not working correctly, can you take a screenshot of the pop up notice and the season UI together?

See, I was sure it was something I did! I haven't set my seasons to anything, and don't actually know how--though it probably has something to do with that 'set season to...' button in the neighorhood view that I've never messed with. How do I set them? Learning new things all the time.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2