Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 6:52 AM
Default How do I buy SimPoints?
I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but whatever, I'll give it a shot. If I'm wrong, please correct me, no one is perfect.

I'll be playing The Sims 3 and I'll see all of those enticing store items...So many to choose from! I just drool over them as my eyes sparkle all shades of the rainbow, especially after I saw that one iPad Mock-up :D

How do I buy those lovely SimPoints? I don't want to be restricted to those few free downloads. How much do they cost per bunch of SimPoints (Say, like 500 SimPoints) and where do I get them? Do they come on a redeemable card like iTunes?

There is nothing to see here. Move along.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 7:20 AM
Go to the official forums Store page or you can do it in your game if you have shop mode on. If you don't have an account, must register with at least the Sims 3 base game. Click to purchase simpoints and answer the questions to use for payment. Buy your simpoints.

I am not sure how to do it in game, I never did it before. My shop mode tends to freeze when I try it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 7:27 AM
If you would rather purchase your SimPoints through a redeemable card rather than using a debit or credit card (or PayPal) online, I believe GameStop and possibly stores like Wal-Mart sell EA/Origin cards that you can buy and then redeem the card on the Sims 3 website for SimPoints.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
If you would rather purchase your SimPoints through a redeemable card rather than using a debit or credit card (or PayPal) online, I believe GameStop and possibly stores like Wal-Mart sell EA/Origin cards that you can buy and then redeem the card on the Sims 3 website for SimPoints.

Sweet, thanks! I just registered my base game and tomorrow after school I think I'll go and get a couple. How much do they cost?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Go to the official forums Store page or you can do it in your game if you have shop mode on. If you don't have an account, must register with at least the Sims 3 base game. Click to purchase simpoints and answer the questions to use for payment. Buy your simpoints.

I am not sure how to do it in game, I never did it before. My shop mode tends to freeze when I try it.

Cool, thanks. My shop works just fine. I just can't use a credit card or debit card since I don't have one and my parents probably wouldn't let me use theirs.

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:01 AM
The EA cards I have seen in stores cost about $20. just remember that while you don't pay sales tax on them in the store, when you redeem them for simpoints, the sales tax is taken out. so, if your in a state like me, with a sales tax of 6%, you get about 1800 and some extra. That's still enough to buy a set or two, or plenty of individual items.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:16 PM
Don't forget to collect your Free Town, (Riverview) and your free $10.00 worth of Sim points that comes with registering your base game.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 6:04 PM
I totally misread this thread title as "SimPants" and thought that you were suffering from a hilarious bug in which all your sim's pants vanished. Sadly, this was not the case. :\

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:51 PM
You should have received 1000 free points for registering your base game, btw. If you have WA, register that as well and you'll get another 1000 free points. If you haven't claimed your free ones yet, go to your "my page" and it should say something like "redeem free points" on the left side of the page. Oh and if you do buy points through the sims 3 site you should use one of the referral links here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/619488.page and you'll get a free set of clothes as well and so does the person whose link you use(cheerleader/quarterback if you buy 1000 points or diva stuff if you buy 2000) which I don't think you can get otherwise? You can only do it on your first purchase, but some of the people offer rewards of simpoints, etc. too so it can be good if you're buying them online anyway.

Someone told me that it's cheaper for Canadians to buy points through the origin site, btw. I don't know if it's still true, but something to do with getting US prices, so worth looking into that as well.

I couldn't find any sign of simpoint cards in the UK when I looked(except on EA's site that claims they can be bought in various places), but you should have more luck in Canada. If you go to this page and scroll to the bottom: https://store.thesims3.com/buysimpoints?execution=e1s1 It should tell you where you can buy the cards(it does on mine anyway, not that those shops actually have any, but in theory!).

When you have your points, watch for the daily deals page and the sales pages, you can get some good discounts on stuff that way too.