Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 6:53 PM
The Brokes are the only family I actively try to keep pun names in. So Dust in Broke Beau (bo) broke The baby boy clone is always Connor (con nor) and usually will be the criminal mastermind Dustin wimps out on being due to Angela. As for the female baby in a clean neighborhood I haven't actually decided on a concrete name for her.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:58 PM
I named her twins Skip and Tuck.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 8:12 PM
Clean fixed neighborhood here, so Dylan if a boy and Bethie if a girl.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 9:21 PM
Playing my new clean megahood, Brandi just had a girl whom I named Shawna because I wanted something that sounded appropriate for a trailer park lifestyle.

In my last game I can't remember what I named the kid; I wasn't using a clean neighborhood template so it was a boy. But Brandi became a home business owner to support herself and then I think she married the private school headmaster. This time she will probably go the home-business route again, because I really enjoy a narrative in which Brandi pulls herself out of poverty by her own bootstraps.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 12:14 AM
Usually I name him Skip, or if she's remarried, I'll name the kid after one of spouse's ancestors. I don't usually do that, but for Brandi, I feel the need to keep it a family name.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 12:27 AM
I never let Brandi have her third baby because it doesn't work with the timeline of events, but if I did, I would name it George.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 12:43 AM
I named him James. I've carried on with the family tree, so James married Katherine Dreamer (daughter of Darren and Cassandra) and they had 2 sons, Skip (I thought that since Skip died before James was born, he would want to name his son after the father he never knew), and Jacob, Skip now has two sons of his own, Alan and Edward, and now James has long passed away from old age.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 12:47 AM
I named him Uber, once.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 1:56 AM
I've named him Skip Jr occasionally. Also Robert or Elizabeth (I use a clean version of Pleasantview, so sometimes it's a girl). Also Jayden or Kevin (for a boy) and Tracy or Chloe (for a girl).

Quote: Originally posted by tallyb
I decided that as Dustin (Hoffman) and Beau (Bridges) are film star names, I'd stick with that theme. So the first time I played the family I called him Clint. This time round I've gone for Yul, and she also has a little girl called Marilyn.

I hadn't thought of that. Good idea! :-)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:04 AM
I just finished naming the baby so this is cool that the question popped up now. I named him Grady.

sorry to go off topic but how do you get to play them over and over? You say you started a new uber clean hood? What is that. I thought you would have to delete and the re install sims 2 to get the beginning sims back at the starting point.

Pleasantview challenge my way.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:32 AM
If you delete the Sims 2 folder out of your EA games folder in your documents, the next time you load up the game its like brand new, hoods reset, and you loose all your downloads folder, its basically like unistalling and installing but a lot quicker! But you do loose all your data if you havent made a copy before you delete.

On the other hand you can download the hoods from various places that would give you them packaged up all new and when people say 'clean' they mean someone has gone through the trouble of cleaning up all the mistakes Maxis shipped the hood with for you to download, this minimlizes the risk of problems in the long run and sorts out things that were missing or wrong.

An 'uber' hood is where you download the before mentioned clean hoods and then add them to a main hood as shopping districts, this then means you basically have one big hood with say Plesantview, Strangetown and Riverblossom Hills all as one big hood so the sims can cross between them with no trouble

Hope that clears up your confusion starla!

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:00 AM
Thank you for clarifying. I really appreciate that. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions. Could I possibly just delete one hood in the documents folder that I want to restart with instead of everything? By copy do you mean just copy the files in the document folder before deleting them then after restarting the game place the files I want to keep back into the folder?

Does MTS have the clean hoods you are speaking about or how would I go about finding them?

An uber hood sounds interesting.

When I first started out I deleted many of the hoods like strangetown and veronaville. Would they show back up if I deleted the document folder?

Pleasantview challenge my way.
Site Helper
#38 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:07 AM
If you just want to reset one or more neighborhoods, you can copy them from your Program Files folders. Here's a FAQ:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...t_Neighborhoods

That FAQ also contains a link which explains about resetting your entire save game. However, that's really overkill for what you want, since it destroys everything.

If you want to restore all of the shipped neighborhoods, I would recommend just moving or deleting your Neighborhoods folder. That will regenerate all of the shipped hoods without destroying your CC. However, it will also remove all of your custom neighborhoods.

Tarlia has the best cleaned and fixed hoods. As well, she has converted most of the shipped neighborhoods into subhoods, so that you can attach them together to create your own megahood.
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:15 AM
Boy or girl, I always name the kid Dakota. It seems to me to fit the trashy theme. Also where I live and teach I have known just as many male as female children named Dakota.

In real life I used to babysit these kids named Buster, Beau, and Ginger. I always thought they sounded like pet names, especially as a set. I'm determined to eventually work all three into my Broke family. Beau exists already and one of Dustin and Angela's quads in my game is named Buster. I look forward to when I can next work in Ginger.
Instructor
#40 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:52 PM
I named him Jack! He eventually went on to have an affair with Dustin's wife, Angela and all three of them died. Then Lilith adopted Dustin and Angela's kids. Only they, Lilith and Beau ended up living happily in that family.
Alchemist
#41 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 2:13 PM
I named him My Little Ponny <3
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:30 PM
Simoleon Broke.

Yep, I'm so original.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:00 PM
She had twin girls this time. I named them Jaime and Jillian.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

LJ Tumblr
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:07 PM
I named him Will, as the future auxiliary: Brandi wanted a better future to her children.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoo_flee
If you delete the Sims 2 folder out of your EA games folder in your documents, the next time you load up the game its like brand new, hoods reset, and you loose all your downloads folder, its basically like unistalling and installing but a lot quicker! But you do loose all your data if you havent made a copy before you delete.

You don't need to delete the whole folder, just delete the Neighbourhoods folder (or remove it and copy it elsewhere if there are neighbourhoods you want to keep - copy them back once you've run the game and reset the neighbourhoods but make sure you don't copy over new neighbourhoods with the same number).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 7:42 PM
I named it Aaron last time.
Instructor
#47 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 8:29 PM
Unfortunately Brandi had spent the early days of her pregnacy worrying about the 25,000 loan she had taken out in order for the boys and herself to move from the trailer house into an actual 2 storey house, that she had a miscarriage.

-True Story-
Field Researcher
#48 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 8:58 PM
I haven't played Sims 2 in so long, but I saw this thread and now I think I'll go reinstall it! I miss the Brokes.

Anyway, I've played the family so many times and each time the baby got a different name, but Royce is the main one that I remember. It just seemed to fit
#49 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 9:11 PM
Brandi had twins due to cheesecake in my game, and so I named them Ripp and Skip
#50 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
I feel like I need some amusment right now. I'm currently not playing Pleasantview, but I have many times. And each time Brandi has her third son, I've given him a different name. Like Johnny, Sam and the glitch twins Brandon and Quinn.

So did you all name him Skipjr, or did you get really creative, or keep it simple?

Brandi Broke had twins in my game. I named them Skip and Rip. Skip was named after his deceased father, Skip Broke. Rip was named after Skip Broke's deceased state (RIP = Rest In Peace). Get it?
Page 2 of 5