Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 2:01 PM
I agree with Porky, the longer it takes the happier I am, lol. I still have a lot of work on my lot too And not for the fist time, I wish you could "rate" reasons for deleted post, because I want to "love" and "funny" white's "Spamtastic" :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:25 AM
Hehe I can't wait to download some goodies!!!
Man I haven't build something on The Sims 3 and I have a new computer.. I better build a special modern University for The Sims 3 University Life and repaint some stuff..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Instructor
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:23 PM
Wow. I'm excited about the updates. I was wondering what was up because I really have some uploads that I'm comfortable with. We all will have to be patient for the better. Thanks Mts staff.
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 9:02 AM
Wow, that moderation queue must have been fuller than a beach car park on a hot summer's day. But I completely trust that all the waiting will be worth it in the end. I'm sure the changes which the MTS staff are making will be for everyone's best interests, unlike staff on well known social networking sites, who seem to think it's a good idea to keep re-arranging the once great layout... But anyway, as fairycake suggested, Thanks MTS staff for all your continued efforts and hard work!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:20 PM
When will there be new uploads? Waiting is so hard!
Banned
#31 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 3:50 AM
Test Subject
#32 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 8:38 PM
I was wondering why the Mods page has grinded to a halt. Not saying we should have assembly line mods, but this is cool that the website owners take time to streamline the system.
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 9:53 AM
How I can sumbit a new creation on the MTS? I realized that it's possible via Upload Items, but I got this message every time: Uploading of new items to MTS is currently turned OFF so we can have a spring clean of the moderation queues. They'll be back soon.

I see that MTS contains a some new uploads during February?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#34 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 10:33 AM
Tomislaaw, the new uploads in February were already in the moderation queue when the wizard was turned off. I'm sure they'll finish their 'Spring clean' soon. Hope so cos I have some ready for upload too
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 3:21 PM
Moderators will have a lot of work when they turn on the upload wizard. When all users at once will upload new things, they will check it to the next holidays^^
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 3:57 PM
Yeah, I know. The new system is partly intended to speed up moderation, but I think we're gonna have to stick a huge "THERE ARE CURRENTLY DELAYS IN UPLOAD MODERATION" banner on the upload wizard for at least the first few weeks. >.>

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#37 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Yeah, I know. The new system is partly intended to speed up moderation, but I think we're gonna have to stick a huge "THERE ARE CURRENTLY DELAYS IN UPLOAD MODERATION" banner on the upload wizard for at least the first few weeks. >.>

Yea. I have time to work on a second mesh for the multicultural. The first one has 2 recolors... (And that's me taking lots of time to make a decent recolor - I am terrible at fingerpainting. Where is a good texturizer when you need one!) I might even have time for a fan, hair decorations and a new hairstyle. (no promises!) lol I have to go old school for the hair mesh and accessories and do it the hard way. WHICH takes too much time... This is just for yae female. I haven't had time for teenagers or kids yet..

so... back to meshing after work..
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
Tomislaaw, the new uploads in February were already in the moderation queue when the wizard was turned off. I'm sure they'll finish their 'Spring clean' soon. Hope so cos I have some ready for upload too
Amen sister!! So do I have some to upload,hopefully before I get too busy with moving
Forum Resident
#39 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:28 AM
I have some hiders ready for upload. I'm sure people will be grateful for the SSNs one. :p

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
#40 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:06 AM
Just made my first sims for sharing.. can't wait until this is back!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#41 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 8:13 AM
For the benefit of anyone anxious to share their work, (as long as you can find somewhere like dropbox etc to actually put the file itself (and any screenshots you want to show), you can post about it and take feedback/support comments on my forum here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...board,25.0.html . Once MTS has restarted the queue and taken your upload, you can edit your post at simlogical, to point to its permanent home. That way people will still be able to find it.

NB I can't host images and files as attachments for reasons of bandwidth.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#42 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 3:05 AM Last edited by AriesFlare : 15th Feb 2013 at 3:55 PM.
When the upload section opens back up, there is going to be a horde of content being submitted. This makes me think that it must be hard work approving the submissions. It has to be. Maybe hundreds will be submitted in 1 day. The moderators deserve some respect for their hard work and patience. I know there are people who are growing impatient. Stay strong and try to understand. These moderators do have lives on the side.

These people have to be really patient. I'm not kidding. I've submitted stuff that had to be edited for approval countless times. If I had to critique work from hundreds of people, it would probably drive me up the wall. These moderators keep it professional. I do admire their patience and tolerance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feb 15: I'm making a custom made career. Hopefully, this career will make it through the critiques in the future. I'm wanting to know if I really have to create a mesh for the career uniforms. I've made a Boxing Career. I would really like to make a boxing uniform mesh. Unfortunately, I don't know how to mesh very well. I usually don't really have much time to learn how to mesh. In that case, the sims will still be wearing the athletic apparel from the athletic career. I just think that the career would be epic with a clothing mesh. If there is anyone out there who has time to help me out on this, just let me know. You will get full credit on the mesh.

Details for mesh. I would like something basic.

For Male-Boxing gloves and Boxing shorts. No shirt.
For female- Boxing gloves, Supportive top, and Boxing shorts.

Then in the Boxing Champion career, they can have on the same clothing but with a robe. These boxing uniforms will be used during the 5th -10th Career stage. At the beginning of the boxing career, sims will wear just regular track suits provided by the game.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 1:23 AM
Running a site for 9 years,hey, take all the time you need. I do have my first community lot upload ready for upload here when all is done.Haven't uploaded anything since....Sims 2,lol.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:41 PM
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded. Pose packs are ridiculous. Many many of the uploads are a complete waist of your site resources.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skarecro
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded. Pose packs are ridiculous. Many many of the uploads are a complete waist of your site resources.

Mmh, I think I don't agree skarecro. Pose packs are very useful for storytellers and to make screenshots. And I looove seeing new houses, with interesting floorplans, to reproduce them for my game, or for downloads, when these are too difficult to build myself.
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:30 PM
Not to be rude, but the many, many uploads that are a complete waste of site resources were worked very hard on by someone and they are most likely quite proud of those uploads. And some people don't have the time, motivation or skill to build a house they like for their sims, so having a wide variety of houses available to download would be quite helpful to them.
This is coming from someone who has only uploaded houses, but still. Every upload on this website serves a purpose to someone. Some of them may be useless to you, but they ARE useful to someone else.

Anyways, can't wait to see the changes MTS!! I have a house ready to upload, but it's not going anywhere while I wait
Mad Poster
#47 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 9:42 AM
So, how many uploads were there before? And how many now?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#48 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:03 AM
skarecro, we're already frequently criticised for being too selective in terms of the quality we require from uploaders. Restricting the types of things we allow people to upload, though, is even more difficult to get right, because it's totally subjective. I hate modern architecture, and I never download a sim who looks like someone real. I'd be perfectly happy if we had none of those kinds of uploads - but other people would say the complete opposite. So, when it comes to personal taste - in terms of the types of content, or the style - we'd rather give creators more freedom and let downloaders skip over whatever they're not interested in.

M.M.A.A., before and after what?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#49 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:50 AM
When the upload is back on track.. All the new uploads will explode with great stuff!! I can't wait...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#50 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 12:11 PM
Any clues yet on what sort of changes we can expect to the submissions process? Assuming that by this time you've all had a chance to talk it through?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Locked thread
Page 2 of 5