Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2834 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 8:56 AM
Default Vegetarian Vampires
My Sim kidnapped Tristan Van Gould from Moonlight Falls, who is a Vegetarian, as is Dayvid Musgrave (black vampire guy who lives with that bumblebee-shaped fairy). My first thought was that this would result in him getting sick when he bites other Sims or drinks plasma juice and that he would be forced to dring plasma orange juice instead. But nothing like this has happened so far. Is this a glitch or is there really no point in being a vampire and a vegetarian?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:53 AM
Well, vegetarians don't eat meat, but they do eat animal products. Blood and milk are basically the same thing, right? Maybe you need a vegan trait.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 1:16 PM
I don't think Vegetariona vampires are supposed to bite sims, I do remember the loading screen tip "if you're playing vegetarian vampires you can grow plasma fruit. Look for seeds around the town". I think they are supposed to eat plasma juice and plasma fruit only. Don't know why they don't get a bad moodlet from biting sims but hey, it's EA.
Site Helper
#4 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 1:35 PM
Because some of us don't have Late Night, and EA in their ?wisdom? doesn't seem to have added Plasma fruit to Supernatural. Or at least I haven't found any plasma yet. (Of course I've only had Supernatural for about 3 days.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirah81
I don't think Vegetariona vampires are supposed to bite sims, I do remember the loading screen tip "if you're playing vegetarian vampires you can grow plasma fruit. Look for seeds around the town". I think they are supposed to eat plasma juice and plasma fruit only. Don't know why they don't get a bad moodlet from biting sims but hey, it's EA.
Ah, so that's where I got that idea from, subconsciously. And yes, that's what I thought, too, and also why I thought that Supernatural introduced the second option of drinking plasma (blood) orange juice, in order to have something for the vegetarian suckers. Oh well, so I can make up my mind about what other trait to give him to replace that one. I would have liked it, actually, if he got sick. Isn't he supposed to be modeled after a vampire from that movie who doesn't want to bite his girlfriend? Being a vegetarian would have been the Sims equivalent for that, wouldn't it?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 8:36 PM
The guy in the movie also didn't bite humans, but bit wild animals like poor little deer and mountain lions. At least that's a route EA wouldn't take :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:12 PM Last edited by ChaoticNeutral : 1st Feb 2013 at 2:52 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirah81
The guy in the movie also didn't bite humans, but bit wild animals like poor little deer and mountain lions.

I never got why didn't they just bottle up blood. A bit from each animal or human donors. Then have it at the comfort of your home/haven/lair.

As for the thread's subject... If the situation is in a loading screen, how come it's not implemented? That's quite strange. And vegetarian+vampire = needing plasma orange juice is quite fitting (and Old Sims Style funny) imo.

Edit: answering the post underneath (as posting again will make this even more out of topic) - eskie227, I meant on the Twilight series. Bottling blood is a common idea in other universes with vampires, I never understood why it wasn't done in Twilight. Somehow the author thought it was far more convenient and acceptable to kill animals en masse (thus leaving a trail of "look, vampires!") instead of simply being more practical (and humane) about it.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticNeutral
I never got why didn't they just bottle up blood. A bit from each animal or human donors. Then have it at the comfort of your home/haven/lair.

At least 2 vampire movies (I think one of them was a Blade movie) that I can remember had vampires running blood banks as businesses. It made perfect sense to me. And is relatively harmless, as long as you don't drink all the profits.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 9:03 PM
Well, it seems that being a vampire and a vegetarian is indeed intended to have consequences. I just made Dayvid Musgrave bite Bailey Swain and he got sick, the moodlet said something like "From Carnivorous Behaviour". So, either the version of Tristan I had was broken or he didn't get sick because all the Sims he had bitten while I controlled him were either fairies or werewolves, while Ms Swain is still human.
Site Helper
#10 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:34 AM
So preying on the other "monsters" in town is acceptable, while preying on humans isn't

(Now I'm seriously considering a vegetarian vampire, just to see if zombies will work, too.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 11:17 AM
How in the eath would he survive? It seems nye on impossible for him to keep on living if he can't drink blood. Maybe I should try it and see what happens.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
At least 2 vampire movies (I think one of them was a Blade movie) that I can remember had vampires running blood banks as businesses. It made perfect sense to me. And is relatively harmless, as long as you don't drink all the profits.

They don't drink human blood because it makes them go crazy

Section jump