Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 5:50 PM
I really don't like Dina, partially due to the whole "Dina is a golddigger" concept. I'm not so mean as to make Dina poor and live in a trailer, but I refuse for her to marry Mortimer. So to make everything better, I had Dina marry Don (I don't like him much either) and have a couple kids. Darren gets Cassandra and Mortimer is happy to be help with the grandchildren (in my megahood, the couple had 3 kids together... or was it 4?). As for Nina, I haven't married her off yet.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 8:22 PM
Dina actually turned out to be a great mom in my game. She and Mortimer married and had triplets. When the triplets were toddlers he passed away. Because she didn't want the family to think she was after their home she moved out and purchased a place of her own. She did a great job raising her kids with no help from me. The only thing I had her do was teach each child to study, then left the family alone. Each round I just sit back and let them do whatever they want and they all get along amazingly. They cook, they clean, they made best friends with each other. Dina and the kids all rolled job wants (which I gave them) then earned the skills to get promoted on their own even! Why can't all my families be this easy? (Although I guess that would get boring, lol.)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 3:20 AM
One time when I was (IIRC) bug-hunting, I started a new Pleasantview. Mortimer suddenly made a new breakthrough in the Elixir of Live vein, and discovered a serum that would reverse a sim's aging by about thirty years. Thrilled that his relationship with Dina wouldn't have to be creepy anymore, he took it and became a very handsome young man again. Dina was pretty happy too, and the two got married. She moved to Goth Manor and became a loving stepmom to Alexander. I think they had a baby (Dina and Mortimer, not Dina and Alexander, ew), but I don't remember his/her name and I stopped playing that hood soon after.

I have to say, reading Fortune and Romance made me like Dina (and to a lesser extent, Nina) a lot more... even if the Tricous in that story both creep and gross me out.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 3:42 AM
In my most recent version I tried to flip things and the initial wedding at the Goth manor ended up being between Mortimer and Dina!! Yes, she was happy to have all that $$, but she really loved him and wanted to wear him out with woo-hooing! When he died she was not into his kids (Cass had a child with Don and then he dumped her, so she was a mess). She fell for Darren Dreamer and Herb Oldie, but ended up breaking up Herb and Cora! She married Herb and had a child with him-Vern. When Herb dies I think she will chase Darren who is now an elder.
I am enjoying having her chase after older men. It seems to fit her. She is a good mother too though. When she was at the Goth manor, she did a better job than Cass taking care of her daughter-Bella Rose. I imagine she will be good with Vern.
#30 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 8:53 PM
Dina married Malcolm Landgraab. They had two kids and she died during her third pregnancy of starvation
Inventor
#31 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:35 PM
I set everyone up like this:

Herb Oldie & Coral Oldie - I just let them die of old age together.
Daniel Pleasant & Mary-Sue Pleasant - I decided that he didn't want to keep seeing the maid, because he loves Mary-Sue.
Cassandra Goth & Don Lothario - Because they're already engaged, and if she doesn't see what a dog he is then she deserves it.
Dustin Broke & Angela Pleasant - I just left them as is.
Dirk Dreamer & Lilith Pleasant - Just left them as is.
Darren Dreamer & Brandi Broke - Because Brandi could use someone nice in her life, even if his heart belongs to another.
Mortimer Goth & Dina Caliente - Why not? He'll be dead soon, let him have some fun.
Alexander Goth & Nina Caliente - When he grows up, of course.
John Burb & Jennifer Burb - Left them as is.
Beau Broke & Lucy Burb - Because they're around the same age.
Scholar
#32 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 7:46 PM
I never think that Dina deserves her "gold-digger" reputation; in my view she's actually a lot more level-headed than people give her credit for. In my latest incarnation of Pleasantview, she was the voice of reason when Nina got pregnant (Nina refused to believe it and stormed out, heading to Don's, where she gave birth to daughter Laura and has been the worst mother I've seen in the game!) and was actually more interested in obtaining a pet than marrying a rich sim. However, she wasn't quite as sensible as she could've been, falling pregnant with Don's baby...
In particular, she went to work, got promoted, went out AGAIN, came home and promptly dropped dead of starvation on her way to the fridge, leaving Dante the cat owner-less. I may have her resurrected one day, but then again I've not made plans very far into the future of the hood this time out.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 6:07 AM
Starters, I do make Dina more active and more neat. Because her slouching is like...Wow, not good. And I give her and Nina a complete make over. Because lets face the facts, honey, that hairstyle is not working for you. You look...DAYUM...No. Just not working for you.

Next, I set her free, and let her do whatever. She has gotten married to a variant of different Sims. Sometimes I have her married to Mortimer, and when he dies of old age, she mourns for a few years ((I totally make up the year part. Because, well, yeah)). And then she finally moves on.

Dina has been with my guy Sims ((Not at the same time. Because I sort of tend to start over A LOT in Pleasantview)). Then there are times where she ends up with a woman.

I do not know why, but after awhile Pleasantview is boring >.<! So I tend to start over...A lot. I guess that is why I am in Belladonna Cover

I usually change Nina's aspiration. I think I do it, because Nina is pretty, and she doesn't need to become the next big whore in town. Degrading, I tell you! But yeah.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Field Researcher
#34 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 5:49 PM
I usually tend to make her marry Mortimer Goth and then move on to other old men after he has passed. The rich sims have never really been my favourites, though, that's why playing with the Goths usually doesn't last too long.
My favourites are the Brokes because they provide a challenge - no money, only one adult in the household etc. Recently I made Dustin impregnate both Pleasant sisters and move in with his family - Dustin and Lilith started a more "serious" affair and he broke up with Angela. Angela left her baby son with the Brokes and went to college, while Lilith gave birth to twin girls. Brandi was also pregnant with Gabriel's baby (you know, the burglar guy who's friends with Dustin) and recently gave birth to a boy.
See now? Much more challenges :D
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 6:17 PM
Dina in my game had just had married Mortimer, they live in the Goth mansion and have a little girl called Agnes.
Mortimer will die soon, and Dina will move out by herself once Agnes is a teen. She'll set up with someone else, possibly John burb who she already has her eye on. I don't like Jennifer so always tend to kill her off somehow.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 6:31 PM
In my last megahood version of pleasantview, it started off really cute. Both Nina and Dina were pregnant at the same time (both from random flings) and would go out shopping for baby stuff together and would compare belly size, but then one day Dina out of no where had a miscarriage, which was really hard for her because the man that got Nina pregnant decided to step up, move in and raise his baby with Nina, who had planned on giving it up for adoption. So now poor Dina sees her ungreatful sister with a baby and family that Dina longs for.

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 5:13 AM
I've always found DIna annoying, and the way the relationships are set up in Pleasantview pretty much breaks my brain, so I downloaded clean and empty neighborhoods. However, I did download the Riverside neighborhood made by fans, and in it, Dina was still bothering my guys so I just made her a lesbian and put her with an S4 redhead. She had surprisingly good-looking twin boys, both blond (without cheating), one S3 and one S4.
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 6:16 AM
My Dina is somewhat of an ambitious businesswoman. She's going to earn her life of luxury. Her relationship with Mortimer will not go beyond friends in my game. Dina is going to run a B&B and open her own clothing boutique and salon to save up to invest in setting up some apartments that she'll own the income rights for. I see it as a good way to incorporate some of the townies into my gameplay. If I add downtown to the mix, she may marry Mr.Big.
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 8:02 AM
Wow! This was from my old Pleasantview...just started on a not-corrupted one. But in this version of reality, Dina ended up with Gordon King, having a son, Duncan and after Gordon was arrested by Officer Lilith Pleasant for criminal activities, she took the money and bought a lovely vacation home.

Now, Gordon seems to more or less blackmailing her to do his evil plots for him. No wedding bells this time!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 9:15 AM
My Caliente sisters currently have an excellent relationship with each other, but both are having torrid affairs with Don Lothario. I dread to think what will happen when they find out. I have Pescado's Romance Mod which allows nice, playful, outgoing Romance Sims to have open relationships, but that's the exact opposite of Nina's character; she's precisely the sort that will think there's one rule for herself and another rule for everyone else. I fear there will be BIG TROUBLE, and one or other of the sisters will probably have to move out.

I have Tarlia's Pleasantview, and Bella turned up and met Alexander at the very beginning of my game, but I played the Caliente lot before Mortimer knew, so I let him share the Calientes' hot tub with Dina. While there, they appear to have autonomously had their first kiss. (I was concentrating on Nina at the time, and leaving Dina and Morty to get on with it.) I believe Morty is a fair-minded man who will try to do the right thing. Now that he's engaged to Bella, he can't continue with DIna (and he doesn't know about her affair with Don), so he'll try to let her down gently (I'll delete his crush and love tags), and give her some financial compensation (with ChristianLov's wallet).

In the longer term, I'm minded to have a townie (I'm thinking of Goopy Gilscarbo) win the lottery and move into that ridiculous palace at 113 Wright Way. Then, what did Jane Austen say? "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." (Opening words of Pride and Prejudice) Dina might get her wish to marry a rich Sim. I'm not sure if she currently has that want, but I'm sure it is what she really, really wants! I think I'll lock the want the next time she gets it.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 3:07 PM
In my game, Dina Caliente married Mortimer Goth. She and Cassandra did not get on at all after Mortimer's death and she threw Cassandra out Cassandra moved into the nice house next door to the Goth mansion and married one of my CAS sims. I didn't think that Don or Darren were right for her.

My Dina was desperate to be Bella Goth so she wears a red dress and is all glamourous. She has a daughter with one of my CAS sims and another with Dirk Dreamer. She's a single mother with a massive fortune. Thinking on it I think she has a child with Don Lothario too.

Darren married Kaylynn Langerak for anyone who is interested in him. And Don is gay in a long term relationship with a townie. I think Andrew? He's blonde and cute.
Scholar
#42 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 3:34 PM
I´m not a big fan of bringing Bella back and I usually date the disappearances and deaths in Pleasantview back a few years, so that my sims are in the process of recovering when the game starts.
So it was Dina/Morty for me, Morty because he was afraid of spending his retirement alone and Dina because she was truly in love with his money. But then they discovered that they shared the nature OTH and grow gradually closer not just in their game provided relationship score, but in my mind, too. First into friends and then into a true loving couple.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
I think I may have misinterpreted BlakeS5678's remark. Another way to interpret it is that BlakeS5678 may be thinking of the general antipathy of homosexuals in the world, maintained by ignorant people or socially conservative people. In that frame of mind, I think BlakeS5678 wants to allude to the antipathy of homosexuals in the world, and according to the views of those people, his remark would be accurate.

Hey, I'm socially conservative and wouldn't be open minded to homosexuality for my own life style; I wouldn't even experiment with it, but I know people that are gay and don't judge them for their choices because judgement is reserved for the Lord. You have a problem with that? :P
Mad Poster
#44 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 4:04 PM
There's no point responding to Creme, honey. She's banned (multiple times).

I find I have a powerful urge to make Mortimer/Dina happen and be a happy marriage. It's not a big romantic thing. Mortimer (like many surviving spouses who had good marriages) is lonesome and misses, not just Bella, but the state of being married; and here's this mess Mike left behind him. I can't look at the Caliente pictures without seeing an underprivileged and possibly abusive childhood; and comparing ages on Dina and Mike - that was not an equal match. I'm willing to grant him good intentions and that he felt like the white knight dashing to Dina's rescue when she and Nina were living on the streets or something, but then he died without making proper provision, she's supporting her sister, neither of them have any decent job skills - he just didn't plan ahead.

Dina wants security, Mortimer wants company - approaching the problem intelligently, and with good will all around, everybody wins. Of course Dina will inevitably be twice-widowed, but the second time she'll have been properly provided for financially and you can bet he's also seeing to it that she and her sister finally get a decent education. There are worse things to found a marriage on than friendship, and if Mortimer respects her (I picture Mike spoiling her and encouraging her "cute" helplessness), Dina can learn to respect herself and it could totally work out. She might even work out her daddy issues and get a third relationship with someone closer to her own age.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#45 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 4:27 PM
I like the idea of reuniting Bella and Mortimer, and playing the Caliente sisters out as fugitives from justice (due to their involvement in Bella's disappearance), living in a different suburb and in the criminal career path. It''s not because I hate them, it's because it seems fitting.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 10:32 PM
My original playthrough of Pleasantview involved Don Lothario marrying Cassandra Goth (with Alexander following Cassandra to Don's house because I didn't understand the move-in dialog; short version of this digression is it was a nighbmare), so Mortimer is all alone in his huge house. Instead of playing Mortimer, I went to the Caliente house and had Dina flat-out propose to Mortimer. They later had a child together, and yes Dina makes a great mom if given the chance. Please note that Mortimer will die of old age before the child grows up, which was tough on Gina (the kid girl's name) because she and Mortimer were very close.

If I were to restart Pleasantview, before playing either the Goths or Calientes, I'd create a family sim that's compatible with Dina and shows her what being in a relationship is really all about. Since I have Double Deluxe (Nightlife) and Apartment Life, I might make this sim of very modest means and might even drop the official trailer park in the neighborhood and place said sim in one of the units. So then she would have someone who was grateful for what she had even if she didn't think she was getting anything in return.

Oh, and to fend off the burglar that comes to the Caliente house no matter what, I deleted the front door overnight. In the morning he was still standing there, so one of them calls the police. I then added a new front door. Priceless to beat Maxis at its own game. :D
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:56 AM
Dina has been married to Brandi at one point in my game. Mortimer, in that go 'round, was the town Casanova and outshone Don.. he was scheming and vicious, on a wild rampage after the disappearance of Bella. He accused the entire town, claiming they were all in on it. (Made him enemies with all the men in the 'hood.) He swooned the women and used them as sex toys in a sense. When Dina realized what Mortimer was up to (and also that he had gambled his money away) she found herself in Brandi's arms, helping to care for the boys and protect her from Mortimer.

Dementia later took Mortimer hostage and it was his karma, because I negated all of his relationships with everyone but maintained their furiousness with him. xD

Then I bred Dina to Don (Don was the Scheming Dr. Von Woohoo and also knocked up Nina, Brandi and Cass). Dina was naive and spent her time hoping Don would settle down with her and help her raise the twins. When word came that Brandi had also been knocked up by Don she realized that she was living in a dream land and found herself appealing to Brandi's dire situation (five kids(Skip's last Hurrah were triplets) kids and another on the way in that tiny trailer?) by inviting her to the condo. By that time Nina had married Darren and the second bedroom had been transformed into a nursery for Dina's twins. With the money Dina had saved working as a waitress they could (barely)afford to transform the top balcony into a third story, giving some breathing room to the older kids. Dustin was about to leave to marry Lilith, leaving the new addition for Beau (a new teen) and the triplets (new children). Dina's spawn were gorgeous.

There's been one game (before I deleted that Pleasantview) where I actually moved them out and had them move back in when Beau was an adult. Beau married Dina, and even though he'd inherited the trailer, Dina was actually happy and supportive. When he DID strike it rich, they bought 170 Sim Lane and lived happily ever after, having two kids and five grand kids.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#48 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 4:46 PM
Usually I actually break her and Mortimer up because I like to bring Bella back, make her have another kid (a daughter named Kayleigh because that's my sisters name and mines Cassandra and my cousin is Alexander so it makes sense in my world) and then have Bella die in an accident and Mortimer raises Kayleigh until she's a toddler when he usually dies of old age and Kayleigh gets raised by either Cassandra or Alexander. So Dina usually ends up alone in the end and just continues living with her sister and helping her raise her and Daniel Pleasant's lovechild. Eventually Dina adopts a child to feel a sense of family after Nina decides she needs her own house... but I get bored after that point.

But in my previous game I actually got her married to Mortimer, they had a daughter together, Clementine Goth. Clementine fell in love with Beau Broke, and Dina was not impressed. She found out that because Clementine didn't want to live this life of luxury, Alexander would be the heir to the Goth family fortune. So in the night Dina fled off with the Maid Remington Harris and enough of the Goth family fortune to afford a decent sized house. Remington quit his job as a maid to go into business to make Dina happy so she would agree to have his children, and then risky woohoo made it so that they had a daughter a lot sooner than expected.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#49 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:53 PM
She never marries Mortimer, but does have his children. I'm still trying to get Dulcinea's S4 skintone to appear in their kid like it did one time. Usually I get her to top of the show business career so I can have at least 1 bona fide celeb in town.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 1:49 AM
I'm late to the party but just thought I'd chime in!

I've played Pleasantview about, oh, six times so far, but I always lost interest and restarted until this last time, which has somehow kept my interest (probably because it's part of a Megahood). I brought Bella back the night after Cassandra and Don's wedding, so I had to have Mortimer break things off with Dina. He invited her over, but as soon as she walked in the house Don walked over and kissed her in full view of both Cassandra and Mortimer, so there were a ton of fights in the Goth household that night. ;P

So a pregnant Cassandra broke up with Don (I didn't really like the pairing anyway and this seemed like a good excuse to break things off! Cassandra later moved to Belladonna Cove and married Armand DeBateau. They're happy and expecting their fifth kid.) and he went back to his own house all upset. To distract himself, he called and invited both Caliente sisters over, and managed to sneak upstairs with Dina while Nina was watching TV. A few hours later, Dina went home, but Nina stayed a while.

Later, both sisters discovered they were pregnant, and each had a daughter. To go along with the rhyming name scheme, I named them Mina and Lina (I never remember which one belongs to which sister, though. They both look like Don). Motherhood didn't come easily to Dina. For most of the baby and toddler stages, Nina took care of the girls, while Dina ignored everyone and schemed to find a rich husband, but shortly before they aged into children, she began to show more interest in the kids and in bettering her life. She rolled a want to start her own business, so I let her build a small restaurant, where she put a lot of work into making it succeed. She now employs most of the teens in the Megahood and seems to be happy. She still rolls an occasional want to marry a rich sim, so when I find her an eligible sim, I just might let her, but for now, I like watching her better her life herself. Especially since one of the pictures in their story seems to hint that she was neglected as a child.
Page 2 of 3