Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 6:21 AM Last edited by sammyme1986 : 24th Feb 2013 at 12:15 PM.
Default Dislocated Slots
Hi all. I hope someone can help me with this...

I've been trying out object creation for a little while, though mostly just re-meshing stuff. This is the first object i've created that is a little more complicated.

I cloned this off the Deco Venus de Milo on a pedestal thing, then added the slots to make a sort of produce stand for my farmer sim. I have been testing this in-game and there doesn't seem to be any problems with the object re the functionality and stuff, except for a minor fubar with two of the slots.

The shelf on the bottom is supposed to have 6 slots (labelled similar to a 2 x 3 matrix),
and each of the three crates is supposed to have five each. all the slots are where they are supposed to be, except for the ones labelled "b12" and "c21" (of crates b and c, respectively) which are inexplicably dislocated to the middle of the floor tile that the table is on. I tried fiddling with the positions and rotations of the said slots and nothing seems to be working...

What could i have done wrong?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Market Table.rar (577.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: the package
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 4:47 PM
Those two don't work because in the cres you have them named b12 and c21, but in the str you have them named as b 12 and c 21. Notice the space between letter and number?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 7:43 PM
Thank you so much for the help!

Haha, I feel kinda stupid now (smacks forehead with palm)... And to think I had consistency in mind when I chose the labeling scheme...

I must have been staring at the package so long, I couldn't see it. I'll fix it as soon as i have time to fire up the computer...

Thanks again!