Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 10:03 PM
Loving everything, please continue, you are amazing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 7:02 PM
Shante: i think I'm going to change things around in CAW a bit and add a driveway like the one in the reference. So, yea, as you said

Volvenom: I'm pretty lost on the textures. The real house have both polished+painted areas, old, worn out brick, and newer brick as far as I can tell. I'll fiddle with it some more, I want to do a brick pattern, but I can't find the perfect used-to-be-square-and-neat-but-not-anymore pattern. I think I need to take some time to think on it :p

About the burial site, I'm not sure what association you're getting, so you may have to spell it out for me
On the roundness, I'm not sure what we're talking about now. The burial ground on the hill, or the circle of stones? And if it's the circle of stones, is it the roundness of the rocks themselves or the roundness of the formation?

I may need to work on my reading comprehension, or something. Sorry!

Fearnify: teehee <3

My Tumblr!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 7:32 PM
You should definitely look for a wallpaper that doesn't have the sheen on it. It'll match better with the brick. Maybe some stripped brick like this house to give the facade some interest?

As for the house, the windows are a bit plain (not your fault), so I would suggest some shutters on at least some of the windows (especially the part with the porch) to make it more complex. You don't need to stick 100% to your source!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 8:46 PM
Is this better?

I also built a couple houses on the beach:

And I coloured most of the houses from the street before gray or black so they'd look a little more uniform. But I didn't take any pictures..

My Tumblr!
dodgy builder
#55 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 10th Apr 2013 at 9:55 PM.
I'm wondering if you're doing it a bit hard for yourself with that mansion. Isn't there something else you can make with more details on it? https://www.google.no/search?q=dans...iw=1920&bih=955

On the burial thing I'm trying in norwegian (gravhaugen av jord er sikkert ikke så rund?) The burial hilltop thingi is probably not that round? It may have some imperfections on it's roundness?

Edit: on bricks I know these from Guatla is nice, but it's CC http://modthesims.info/d/353800
Scholar
#56 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:58 AM
Like the new houses! For the mansion, I think it looks very realistic compared to the reference pictures. You may want to consider a darker roof - maybe a brown - for more contrast. Perhaps make the brick color a little darker and/or the window/door trim lighter. Again, this would add more contrast which would only make a great house even better! Good job!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 2:03 PM
I love the new beach houses!!! They're amazing!

Maybe just take a break from the mansion for a bit and work on the rest of the world, and come back to it with fresh eyes later?
Instructor
#58 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 12:49 AM
Just discovered this thread and I had to jump in and say I love this world! It is INSANELY cute. Your terrain painting is also fantastic - makes me quite jealous. :p
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 12:45 AM Last edited by winema : 13th Apr 2013 at 2:19 AM.
Default :)
It's great to see a neighbourhood that's built in Scandinavian style. Looking forward to see the finished result! I'm from Norway myself and I'm constantly looking for stuff (houses, worlds cc etc etc) to make it feel more like home in my game. I'm always going on about making my own rebuild to have it all Norwegian looking but the task is daunting to say the least. So I keep pushing it aside. Hopefully I'll be able to play in your world when the time comes for it to be released.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 10:08 PM
Volvenom: Ah! I understand now! I'll try and fiddle with the shape of the mound. Right now my CAW isn't working though :/
About the bricks, they do look very nice but I think I'd rather figure something out than add to the CC count
Lulume: Thank you! I agree that it would be a good idea to take a break from the mansion for now, that way I can come back to it with fresh eyes. So that's what I'm going to do I think
SimmyRN: Ill keep that in mind, when I come back to the mansion. Thank you!
Girlfromverona: Thanks a lot!
Winema: I also keep my eyes open for all things Scandinavian, it makes the game feel so homey. There are a lot of great Scandinavian/Nordic worlds being made lately (aurora skies, Volvenoms worlds, and so on) so that's pretty neat!

My progress:

I made yet another try at building on this lot, and though it's very unpolished right now, i think this may be a winner:

Fiddled with the club from before. Needs more tweaking:

And i built a historical house, because i figured my world needed more white-chalked buildings:

My Tumblr!
Test Subject
#61 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 12:14 PM
This is beautiful! I can't wait XDDD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 9:17 PM
Thanks xPeanut

Done a couple of things. Update on the beach lot:

I also made the school building! ....and bulldozed a park to build a parkinglot( I'm such a great sim-god) To the side of it is a football field acting as the stadium

My Tumblr!
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 11:05 AM
Vibse, it's amazing I said it ... but I can repeat it over and over again.
Can you say me, when town will available?
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 10:46 PM
Same as above, i have been following your creation for a while now, and am itching to grab and runaway with it. It is near on impossible to find smaller worlds that are not square or are full of trees so as to seemingly make them more attractive but they lag so much that they are not worth playing. But yours is charming,well thought out and i appreciate all the long hours of work you have put in to this.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 8:05 AM
Looking good! I love the overall environment! It feels so clean and vibrant! I'm so excited to see this complete!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 8:41 AM
Your attention to detail is awsome. I absolutely like all what you've done, very nice!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Instructor
#67 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 8:47 AM
The world is so juicy and the air is so clean, it looks a bit hermetic, but I love it anyway. I just want to see something ugly.
dodgy builder
#68 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
The world is so juicy and the air is so clean, it looks a bit hermetic, but I love it anyway. I just want to see something ugly.

Yea, Vibse should be able to do ugly, could be a challenge Have you made the criminal hideout yet?
Field Researcher
#69 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 3:12 PM
I absolutely love your work. It's very beautiful and balanced, not too cluttered with small details. It's perfect!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:13 PM
Parazitgaga: Thank you! I'm not quite sure when I'll be done, unfortunately. I'd guess summer sometime, but it's hard to say what will happen in the meantime.

Dwarf: Thank you! I originally started making the world because of that. My computer is not quite stellar, but I still want to enjoy the game without too much lag

Amichan: Thanks a bunch! That's the look I'm aiming for.

Nilxis: Thank you! (I'm actually just about to install Ziwa Bonde, what a coincidence!)

Monsoon: I'll admit I had to look up "hermetic". If I was able to mesh I'd do some distant main-land terrain, but my ventures into that have been quite... unsuccessful Regarding the ugly, i tryyyy, there's even a parking lot now!

Volvenom: I posted the criminal hideout in my last post. But my brain is hard at work figuring out where else I can add in some grunge, just to prove how super versatile I am.

Toxicboy: Thanks! I was actually a little worried about my amount of clutter

Anyway, I think I'm pretty far into this creation. I've finished most buildings, and the landscape is nearly done. What I do need to do though, is furnish the houses, add tombs (and learn how to do them..), fix the terrain paint here and there, and add sims and descriptions.
Out these, decorating the houses is definitely what would take me the longest, and what I'm looking the least forward to do. So if anybody out there likes decorating, and want to help out a bit, send me a pm, and I'll give details!
And as long as I'm outsourcing; if there's any meshers/object creators out there who are looking for a way to spend their time, they can message me too. Hehe.

I realized I didn't like the old equestrian center, so I made a new one. I'm also reworking the fields around it in caw to match. I like this one much better, definitely looks more Danish!

My Tumblr!
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:09 PM
I feel like I cheat on you whenever I search for 'small islands sims 3 worlds' on google...

All I want is you.
dodgy builder
#72 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vibse
Volvenom: I posted the criminal hideout in my last post. But my brain is hard at work figuring out where else I can add in some grunge, just to prove how super versatile I am.

Completely missed that rug. I saw the boathouse but it being the criminal hideout was totally lost on me

That Equestrian Center I have seen SO many times! Very danish, spot on
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 1:50 PM
I really adore the equestrian center!! It looks unique and special, though I can't comment on how Danish it is... I can say that the hayloft doors look fine. At least from my brief experience in farm life - I'm pretty sure our barn had lots of doors ...
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th May 2013 at 1:02 PM
I love your world, very cute and beautiful houses. I can see the danishness in this world. My favorit building is the Equestrian Center.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th May 2013 at 2:19 PM
So! I know I've been awfully quiet the last couple of weeks. But it sure haven't been because I haven't been working! I've built all the lots I was planning for, and I think its time for the first beta!

Some of the new/updated stuff:

An embarrassing little thing I need to address: apparently I've been spelling "Enekjaer" in two different ways. From now on the official name is "Enekjaer", and if I spell it differently it's a mistake :P

Thanks for the great feedback and nice compliments guys! It's really been keeping me motivated to finish this world

Without further ado, here is the link to the very first beta:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z82suezrkjtil3t

I've had a lot of trouble with the custom terrain paint disappearing when saving in EiG, but it should be fine in this beta. Please let me know all and everything that you find wrong with the world so I can get to fixing it

Also, would you prefer this world finished and released before IP comes out, with an IP version being released later, or would it be better if I just wait and release the world after IP?

My Tumblr!
Page 3 of 5