Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:24 AM
im glad things have changed and i hope that i see a difference. honestly i used to totally cringe every time i uploaded something coz i was awaiting someone to deny it just because i didnt put dirt under my flower beds or something...lol...its great to see you guys trying to make things better
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:39 AM
I love it!
Thanks to the wonderful MTS staff for working hard on this!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#53 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:43 AM
I can't wait to see this new feedback. Wish I knew how many are in the queue in front of me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 3:00 AM
Good, I finally have a chance of getting something accepted :D
Putting my poor skills aside, this new system sounds like an awesome and needed change to mod the sims! I can't wait to use it!!!
Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 11:30 AM
Good luck in dealing with the flood of uploads! :P

I never uploaded anything, but this is giving me ideas... I have some sims that I am really proud of, but identifying what CC I used and provide links... that will be a challenge... Then I remember that you guys did and do a great job on way tougher challenges, so ... time to get to work.

Thank you and keep rocking!
Instructor
#56 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 3:47 PM
Thanks for all your hard work in doing this. I remember I cried when I got my first rejection because it was so bad, I didn't even get an explanation on why it was rejected! I still have not been able to successfully upload that lot, but I will try again (one day). This new system seems pretty awesome in that the creator can know exactly what's good and what's wrong with his creation.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
Thanks for all your hard work in doing this. I remember I cried when I got my first rejection because it was so bad, I didn't even get an explanation on why it was rejected! I still have not been able to successfully upload that lot, but I will try again (one day). This new system seems pretty awesome in that the creator can know exactly what's good and what's wrong with his creation.

Don't give up. We ALL get rejected. Many of mine have been rejected so don't feel bad. I encourage you to take screenshots of your items and post them in the creator feedback section to get some opinions on how to improve your project. At the top of the page, click Create and then Creator Feedback. Pick the section your upload belongs in and post away.

If you have questions on why your upload was rejected you can post it in Creator Issues - only you and the moderators can see it there.

Get busy creating!

(Oops! Sowwy! This is porkypine. I was working in the Mod Group project when I posted this and forgot I wasn't posting as myself. N8iveSims is working on a little project right now and working out some kinks. I get rejected mainly because my textures SUCK! It makes me try harder and I am improving.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 1:45 AM
Well I finally got to see the new feedback pm and it looks good. I still think it would be nice if where points were lost it could be said why, although I guess that would take too much of the mods time to start thinking out replies. I only lost a star on the landscaping and one on the architecture so I'm well pleased, just wondering what other landscaping I could have done to get 5 stars.

ttowntallyho, why don't you put the house up on creators feedback and we can see how it can be improved.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:18 AM
The important thing to remember, when being rejected, is that it's not personal. Nobody is rejecting you, and nobody is saying "your work sucks," though it may feel like it.

And though you think you want to be told what's wrong, the fact is, if anything is wrong, you can figure it out, and if nothing's wrong, the process is subjective. It is not only time-consuming to give detailed individual feedback, it is exhausting, and not as profitable as you think. (I speak, of course, from experience critiquing text-based fiction in completely different contexts, but the process is all the same.) You really are better off taking it to the creator feedback forum, or hosting it elsewhere, or setting it aside to age and getting on with the next thing. You may run across it again in six months and see exactly what you need to see to understand why it didn't make the cut.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#60 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 1:58 PM
This sounds like a great new idea. Even though I found the old system quite understandable, it's nice to be judged on each part of the upload. It's nice to see both your strong and weak sides of creating, so you know what to focus on next time. I don't think feedback can be too long. The longer it is, the more you have to work on without having to figure it all out yourself. And also we wont get thousands of threads with people wondering why their creations don't get uploaded. Instead they'll just let us know which part they got to work on Nice. Thumbs up!
Mad Poster
#61 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 3:09 PM
Positive feedback is always nice. The "YOU SUCK"-feelings are hard to avoid when something you love gets rejected, even if you know it's not personal, and often it can be hard to understand what the problem is, so getting more exact hints of what is good and what isn't sounds to me like it may encourage more people to create, and also help them develop.

I for one feel like it's time to dust off old projects and see if I can't get a third download out there.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 2:06 AM
Will we for sure be notified if something's wrong with our upload? I submitted something on the 6th and still haven't heard anything.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 11:00 AM
Yes, you will be notified. As I said, there will be delays given how many uploads we're dealing with at the minute.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#64 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:05 PM
Default Upoload Updates
It is just fantastic that things are up and running again!

But, and there must be a "but" of course, I have found an issue.
I find the rubric extremely useful for scoring yourself on, and it's sooo handy to have online.
It's great for creators to see how they are being "graded" with their uploads.

Now, here's my problem: when an upload requires changes, we are given the scored rubric, yes? It's nice, sure, but it's very confusing, and not as specific as when we had moderators tell us exactly what we had wrong. The rubric is more of a general thing. Is this just me?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:33 PM
You'll get the scored rubric, and (usually) some specific comments from the moderator on what you should change. When looking at the rubrics, focus on those elements which have got a 1 or 2 star especially - and don't forget that you can click the "Expand" link to see a little blurb and any relevant tutorial links.

If it's not clear what you need to do, please do feel free to use the notes box next to the "I'm ready for this to be reviewed" tickbox to ask for more specific suggestions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well I finally got to see the new feedback pm and it looks good. I still think it would be nice if where points were lost it could be said why, although I guess that would take too much of the mods time to start thinking out replies. I only lost a star on the landscaping and one on the architecture so I'm well pleased, just wondering what other landscaping I could have done to get 5 stars.

ttowntallyho, why don't you put the house up on creators feedback and we can see how it can be improved.

I agree Jo, I really like the new system I think you just have to add more and stand out I know with mine I need to step up a bit. I give MTS 5 stars Well done and worth the wait Thank you!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:15 AM
guys this system was far from improved.....i submitted a house days ago and its STILL not approved. my fault firstly coz i forgot to add a pic of the back of the house....but then i was told another pic was zoomed out too far...for real...anwayyyyyyyy

i updated my pics and yet AGAIN im rejected...coz the moderators wanted to ensure that my lot really did need all the EPs and SPs i listed...like its my fault if they cant recognise what items come from what EP...so i basically write half a page explaining why each EP and SP is needed...

improved system huh....now i remember why its been months since i ever tried to upload here......

its just a casual sims forum...not EA headquarters...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#68 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:31 AM
@ neonsim - the lot is not rejected, if you are having a problem with your upload changes which were politely requested then please post in Creator Issues, this is not a public stage in addition to not being EA Headquarters.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#69 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
@ neonsim - the lot is not rejected, if you are having a problem with your upload changes which were politely requested then please post in Creator Issues, this is not a public stage in addition to not being EA Headquarters.

Sorry i thought freedom of speech was ok....this topic is about how fabulous the new and improved moderation queue has become and im just freely saying that i think it is just exactly as painful as it was before. Every tiny thing is picked on and its taken just as long as before to get a response. I think other people have the right to read other peoples point of view. Its a forum.....

I never said it wasn't polite. It was. I have no problem with having to add a required screenshot that i overlooked...but zoomed a few squares too far out or moderators assuming i dont know what eps or sps are required is annoying.

And its been 3 days already and i fixed the screenshot as soon as i got the message.....so yeah. Im not seeing anything great about this new system. So many Simmers have left this forum because of these issues. If its not fun to be part of something then people wont want to participate...Its fun to download things from here but to upload things is a nightmare and the new system seems just as stressful as the old one.

Site Helper
#70 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 2:02 PM
Just saying: Take a look at how long the queue was down. Do you suppose they may still be swamped by all the items that were ready to upload in January, February, and the first half of March before the new system came online? This is not really the best time to be judging how well the new moderation queue works, unless you are interested in seeing how well it performs under a stress test. If it's only taking "just as long as before" when they are swamped under 2 1/2 months of delayed uploads, it's doing fairly well.

(Although I do agree that sometimes the required changes don't make a lot of sense. Like requiring a brightly lit dark, gloomy catacomb.) You don't have to upload here if it's too annoying. You don't have to download. You can participate just as well by chatting, helping others with their game, joining contests (now that we have them running again. ) writing stories, making movies, etc.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#71 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:21 PM
Wow! I'm really impressed with the new system! This is quite exciting! I have always been intimidated by the system, but I will definitely make an attempt to be published here now!

Thank you all for all your hard work and for being such a thorough and complete creation resource!
Field Researcher
#72 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You don't have to upload here if it's too annoying. You don't have to download. You can participate just as well by chatting, helping others with their game, joining contests (now that we have them running again. ) writing stories, making movies, etc.

Thats true, i dont have to upload here. But this site is one of the best ones so I do want to be part of it. As for taking a long time. They contacted me within 24 hours of my lot submission requesting another photo. So they did respond quick, but they ruined it by then asking me if i was sure if all the EPs and SPs i listed were really necessary. I replied and its been about 4 days total now. Still dont know what's happening.

Hey its not the end of the world. People are starving and dying in wars all over the place. I have perspective. But its a shame to get my hopes up just to have them let down. My other lot was submitted 3 days ago...still heard nothing. oh well.....I do hope that they lighten up with the rules because i hate loading my game up and going into my lot just to edited a flat wall or something, take another pic, change lot price and then update my submission.....it seems unnecessary.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
They contacted me within 24 hours of my lot submission requesting another photo. So they did respond quick, but they ruined it by then asking me if i was sure if all the EPs and SPs i listed were really necessary. I replied and its been about 4 days total now. Still dont know what's happening.
Eh, that's nothing. I submitted something the same day the queue opened 9 days ago and haven't heard anything at all. I also submitted something on the 9th, 6 days ago, and nothing on that one either. We just have to wait.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 2:26 AM
Really...goodness. I dont understand why they would rave on about things being improved if they arent. I dont know.....
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#75 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 6:02 AM
Neonsim, if you look at the first page, nowhere did it say anything about quality being less important or the guidelines being less stringent. Unless specifically stated, the guidelines and requirements are still exactly the same as they were before. The new system, and improvement, is that now you will also get positive feedback as well as the things that didn't fit the bill. It has been mentioned multiple times that the queue is quite backed up. We only have so many mods, each that work on a specific area so we may only have one or two moderators that work in the Lots area of the queue. Whether you are aware of it or not, Lots are one of THE most uploaded to sections of the queue and with so many new uploads as well as mods that have real lives outside of this forum, things might take awhile to get cleaned up and running as it should, and will, once the craziness has died down.

As for your EP/SP requirements, many people used to TS2 think that if you have it installed, it's required. TS3 is not the same. Most of the time when people click ALL the boxes, they do so not knowing it's not needed. Your moderator asked very politely that you just check to make sure before it was approved. You have to actually do the things requested and let the moderator know you have done so before they'll look at it again. Which, by the way, you haven't. When you only use 1 item from a Stuff Pack, especially a small one and don't show every nook and cranny of every room, you can't expect your moderator to have eagle eyes and be able to spot it. As leesester suggested, if you're really confused, go to Creator Issues and make a post there.

We're doing our best to keep things running smoothly. We've got over one hundred items in the queue right now which means:
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
So, you know that thing about faster moderation? That's going to be a long-term benefit.
Please be patient. Again, if you're concerned, go to Creator Issues. I don't think -anyone- should have to say this or point you in that direction again. Enough is enough.

For everyone else, thank you for the words of encouragement. We're happy that most of you are enjoying the new changes and getting to experience the chance to know what you did right. We're working on getting through everything to the best of our ability and we do apologize for some of the extended wait times at this moment. We look forward to seeing what everyone has in store for us, maybe when our eyes uncross from what's already lined up!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Page 3 of 5