Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 11:52 PM
How sad. Well at least his last days were comfortable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 5:48 PM
My friend found this little kitten outside her house a few days ago. It's really small, I'd say no more than 3 weeks... She said the mother cat and the other litter was around but this kitten was by itself so she took it. I think she should have just put it back with the rest of the litter but it was too late, because when she went back all of them were gone... Honestly I don't think it'll survive. She can't afford a vet, I know she won't take it to a shelter, and she's just feeding it plain wet kitten food that it's much too young to eat...
But it is really cute, she named it Heretic. It's so small. I put it in a cup. Then when I took my friend home, I put the cup in the cupholder in my car and it stayed until she got home. lol. I'm trying to post a picture but Tinypic keeps messing it so it may or may not appear. >.>

http://i39.tinypic.com/2n0vqcm.jpg
Forum Resident
#53 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 5:51 PM

I hate when animals die.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 6:35 PM
They sell kitten formula at Petco and little bottles.
Instructor
#55 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 12:53 AM
Yeah, I know. But she says she doesn't have enough money for it.
I can't imagine it being that expensive. I'm tempted to buy her some when I get my check if the kitten is still alive then.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#56 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 2:12 AM
Aww the poor little thing. She should take it to a shelter if she can't afford to feed it properly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#57 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 1:49 PM
I love cats too. But unfortunately I don't have any. At least not in my house. :-(
Some people say that cats are evil, but I disagree. Cats only are more mysterious and independent. :-)
Scholar
#58 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 8th Jul 2013 at 6:23 AM.
My cat is evil.He loves to bite and scratch everyone,kills little birds but don't eat them.And have bad habit:always wake me up at 4am in the morning,despite that his bowl is full of food.
But I still love that bastard
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 7:25 PM
I have 1 cat, and her name is Mew (MEE-YEW). She is an exotic shorthair, and she is very loveable. ^_^

She is very nice to my rabbit Cooper, and my dogs love her! As well as my bird and ferret! Everyone loves her, and she just loves, well, everyone!

"There is no spoon!"

-- Neo; The Matrix (1999)
Test Subject
#60 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 7:51 PM
I have some sad news today. My grandma's two cats passed away.

Speedy was first. She started to throw up blood and we took her to the vets but there was nothing they could do but put her down. I can remember finding her running around the first day she showed up and I miss her greatly. But she's been having a tough time lately so I guess it's for the best she's out of her misery.

Tuxie was next, the old bean. We guess she took a stroke and me and my grandma continually petted and we were right with her when she passed. Looking back though the memories we realized she was nearly 18 years old. A pretty long life for an indoor-outdoor kitty.

It's hard because I'm only 15-I spent all of my life with Tuxie and I was the one to bring Speedy into our lives and can remember falling asleep with her curled up beside my head and helping her take care of her kittens when she ended up having two litters.

I still have my Boots and Racer and we're currently cat sitting my older brothers two cats-two kitten girls named Princess and Bell/Daisy; We're not sure on who's who though, they're nearly identical.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Any Road
I have some sad news today. My grandma's two cats passed away.

Speedy was first. She started to throw up blood and we took her to the vets but there was nothing they could do but put her down. I can remember finding her running around the first day she showed up and I miss her greatly. But she's been having a tough time lately so I guess it's for the best she's out of her misery.

Tuxie was next, the old bean. We guess she took a stroke and me and my grandma continually petted and we were right with her when she passed. Looking back though the memories we realized she was nearly 18 years old. A pretty long life for an indoor-outdoor kitty.

It's hard because I'm only 15-I spent all of my life with Tuxie and I was the one to bring Speedy into our lives and can remember falling asleep with her curled up beside my head and helping her take care of her kittens when she ended up having two litters.

I still have my Boots and Racer and we're currently cat sitting my older brothers two cats-two kitten girls named Princess and Bell/Daisy; We're not sure on who's who though, they're nearly identical.

I'm so sorry hun, I have had to go through that before, and it sucks, big time. Especially when your very young, and you have grown so attached to something. It is very sad I know, but that is life.

Speedy would have wanted you to put her down, so she would not feel all that pain, and so you wouldn't see her that way.

As for Tuxie, she enjoyed the time with you, and you are very lucky to have a cat live that long.

And you know you have two others that really love you. I would try to think of the positives, and think, Speedy and Tuxie are always here with me. Just imagine they are with you right now.

And for Boots, Racer, Princess, and Bell, enjoy the time you have with them!

I am sorry for your loss.
Bless you

"There is no spoon!"

-- Neo; The Matrix (1999)
Alchemist
#62 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 4:37 AM Last edited by SuicidiaParasidia : 24th Jul 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: forgot to turn smilies off. ~_~
i love my cat. the older i get, the more similarities between pets (namely, cats and dogs) and children i see. both are dependent on you for food, shelter, protection, and attention. both are unable to communicate like fully developed humans. both are small and vulnerable. both make incredibly loud noises for attention. both make absolute messes and vomit everywhere from time to time. both, because of their inability to properly communicate, need to be watched keenly for any health abnormalities and given medical attention when you suspect they could be sick. neither of them can be expected to make rational decisions. both are unnecessarily picky about their food choices. >:(
(all this only makes that one debate thread that posed the question if you had to choose between your pet and a stranger, who would you let drown? a little creepier when you consider how many people said they'd let their pet drown. id liken that to letting your own kid drown. both choices are bad, but who can really stand the thought of letting their kid, furry or not, drown for the sake of a stranger? but i digress.)

i only have one rule for my cat. that rule is: do not step on my breasts with your little needle paws.
i cannot be held accountable for what violence could occur as i defend myself from breast-stomping.

ive had my cat since he was born...almost literally. his mother was a stray that i was friends with, back when i was like 10, 12 years old... so when she had her kittens i was there to sneak her food from our family cats' supply so she'd have milk for her babies. she'd let me handle them and pick the fleas off them (they were under a shed, after all) 'cause she knew i'd always bring them back.
once they were old enough, i picked my favorite (my kitty, now an old man named shadow), my brother picked his favorite, and the rest we found good homes for. unfortunately my brothers' cat (who was my cats' brother) died a couple years ago of heart problems.
my kitty's still going though and he's at least 11 or 12 years old now, getting some new white hairs on his face. he looks and acts pretty young, though. i hope to be able to have him for many more years to come before his time is up.

^ life is rough, huh?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#63 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 3:24 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 23rd Jul 2013 at 5:27 AM.
One of my cats' feet -

Instructor
#64 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 5:02 AM
I believe I said in this thread that I would never own another cat, because I can't handle the hunting. Well a week ago, a cat was sitting on my porch. She wanted in, but I wouldn't let her. I ended up giving her some food and water. Although she continued to meow at me throughout the night, I ignored her. I knew something was up though. My little dog, doesn't know what to do with cats, they usually run away due to her barking at them. But huge cat and little dog just sniffed each other, when they first met. I thought traitor! So, the cat wasn't going to leave it seemed. So, I called vets in my town, and put signs up to help find her owner. Not one phone call.

I called her Roxie, short for Roxanne after the Police song. It seemed to fit! Then I took her to a vet and learned a couple of things. Roxie was he not a she. The other thing I learned was, size does matter in a cat's world too. The vet was certain he was boy, but had trouble finding his penis..he's considered small. After location of gender was verified. I wanted to make sure this now nameless, affectionate, docile, 22lbs (both large and fat!) was healthy. So, the vet wanted to shave his leg to run some tests. Well, it took three people, a towel, and what looked like oven mitts, to restrain this cat. And as I helped/watched him fight, like he was taking no prisoner's, the name Cassius Clay (Muhammed Ali's original name) came out of my mouth! Now, he surrendered to the shaving, but his meow told us he was not pleased! However, once the vet got what he needed. Cassius, just wanted to be held by me, and was back to "normal" sweet kitty!

Cassius is considered older, with a few health issues, but basically healthy...and in need of a diet! I'm willing to look after him so long as he and my dog get along, and he seems to understand the no hunting rule.

So, I have a cat again, and I know he suckered me in to taking care of him.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#65 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:54 AM
Aw, so glad he found you I'm sure animals in need seem to know which people will take care of them. My friend found a cat in her garage, then she found her kittens! All the rescue places were closed because it was the weekend, so she cared for mum and babies until the RSPCA took them away for homing. Unfortunately she couldn't keep them because she and her husband are allergic to cats.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#66 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 9:13 AM
Aww poor Cassius, but lucky cat to have found you.

I'm a bit worried about my old cat, she has slept a lot today and she seems constipated. I gave her a little milk and some tinned food so I hope that helps. She didn't eat or drink very much.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:02 PM
i love cats, we used to have two i miss them so much
Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ivisweden
i love cats, we used to have two i miss them so much

same
One of the cats were like the nicest ever and he loved to cuddle
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 12:12 AM
I loved this topic. I love cats, but still can not have one, only after few years. I like dogs too, but I prefer cats. I love the way that cats are mysterious, and I think they are lovable too. I always wanted to hold a Maine Coon, those cats are tooo big!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#70 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 12:37 AM
Cassius is a great name.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#71 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:10 AM
It's my turn to lose a cat now. As i said above she wasn't well so we took her to the vets, she has kidney failure and they can't do anything for her but keep her on a drip. We are having her put down tomorrow when my husband gets back home.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#72 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:26 AM
I don't have a cat, But I love them. I play with my friends cat a lot.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Check out my videos. Why Don't You? PM for Link :)
Instructor
#73 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's my turn to lose a cat now. As i said above she wasn't well so we took her to the vets, she has kidney failure and they can't do anything for her but keep her on a drip. We are having her put down tomorrow when my husband gets back home.

I'm sorry. I've been there with cats and dogs. It's never easy losing a pet. Tell her you love her, cuddle her if that makes her comfortable, and thank her for making you happy. If you already have. And if you plan on being with her when she's put to sleep, say it all again, if you want. That's what I've done when I had to make that choice.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 3:18 AM
My cats are 17, and my favorite - the tabby that sleeps with me, has been acting weird. Hides under my bed all day - thought she just couldn't jump so put a little bench there, but she acts AFRAID. I put food in the kitchen and when she sees the other cat she runs back under the bed. Maybe they've had "words"? I brought food to my room and shut the door and she ate (and didn't throw up, as she often does). It's so hard to tell with cats, especially old crotchety ones; they sleep most of the time, throw up, miss the cat box, decide they don't like what you feed them...just like usual!

I keep thinking NEXT cat will be a pure rag-doll. Then I think -- I'M OLD TOO! What if a new kitty outlived me!?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:25 AM
Thanks The SimWhisperer. We are going to see her tomorrow morning. Things are mors complicated because I have sick kids right now too.

~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 4