Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Widespot RFD: The Subhood

by Peni Griffin Posted 25th May 2013 at 4:21 AM - Updated 24th Apr 2015 at 7:29 PM by Peni Griffin : another difference arose

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:05 PM
this subhood attached to 100 years before Pleasantview= untold fun to be had and I cant wait to get started.
Site Helper
#3 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
The usual filepath is C:/Program Files/EAGames/EP3 OFB/TSData/Res.
Peni, I believe that is not the standard install location. I've got:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

I'd be surprised if EA had a folder named EP3_OFB without mentioning "The Sims 2". You're also missing the NeighborhoodTemplate subfolder; subhoods go inside of NeighborhoodTemplate.

Congratulations for getting this finished and working and thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:05 PM
Oh great idea, I love the idea of having Widespot as a shopping hood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2013 at 1:41 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 26th May 2013 at 1:48 AM. Reason: Double-checked
Dadgum it, of course you're right. I just did an incomplete transcription. Sigh. Okay, I'm going to try to edit the post now; and I'll have to edit the text file and reupload; in the meantime, y'all do as Mootilda says. Most people can probably figure it out, but that doesn't absolve me from providing the correct information.
ETA:
Hmmm...Mootilda, you know a lot more about this than me and I believed you, but when I opened the filepath of my own computer (where I did a custom install because my husband wanted all program files on the E drive) I found that I had transcribed correctly from my own machine; except that I had replaced E with C, because I knew the game's default installation is to the C drive. So I won't be editing till I know how to edit it for maximum accuracy.

A few reports from people as to where they find their B001 folder would be welcome. You can PM me if you prefer, but I'll check back with the comments over the weekend, too. Happy Memorial Day, y'all, and please report any problems (and/or solutions) you can.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2013 at 4:40 AM
First of all, congrats, Peni! And thank you! So many options now! :D

As to the file path for subhood install location, mine is in line with what Mootlida says:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate << The NeighborhoodTemplate folder is where B001 is found on my machine.

eta: I learned that that's where subhoods go when I started using Tarlia's templates. In her directions for installing subhoods, she notates the filepath thusly:
-INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2013 at 5:08 AM
Hmmm...so a reasonable rewording would probably be: "The most usual filepath is (what Mootilda and Darby said), though this may depend on your configuration and/or whether you did a custom install. My own path, for example is (what it is). Once you've located B001 (Bluewater Village) you're in the right place.

It's late, and I have obligations tomorrow, but I'll see about the changes tomorrow night or Monday. If anyone can bring up further issues between now and then, feel free - I'm all for only reuploading and editing once.

To anyone considering downloading, I'll only need to reupload in order to fix one of the textfiles. The neighborhood itself is fine, and the only issue with the textfile is one you can easily work out for yourself with the information in these comments. You should not have to redownload if you download before I do that edit.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th May 2013 at 5:59 AM
Mine is the same as Mootilda and Darby's except it's on my D drive at that is where I installed my game to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th May 2013 at 5:04 PM
This is awesome, I love playing this hood and this makes it very easy to start over whenever I want, thankyou!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:10 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 28th May 2013 at 1:37 PM.
All right, the installation instructions on this page are correct. Now I just need to swap out the .7z file for one with the corrected text file in it. Do I just attach it or do I have to go back to the upload queue?
OK, that seems to have worked. From here on out, everyone who downloads will get the correct, I trust not at all confusing, installation instructions. And if anybody has a problem, come see me.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:58 PM
Thanks for this world, Peni Griffin
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:22 AM
I know it is none of my business (and I apologize if this is considered as spam) but for me the place to instal is different from both of you and Mootilda, as I have that Business Collection- thingy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:43 PM
Not spam at all. So far we have three different computer configurations with three different paths. I wonder how many more are out there? The takeaway would seem to be: If you don't see the folder in the expected place, this doesn't mean there's anything wrong, just that you've got an unusual configuration. Keep looking for B001!

It's good we have Bluewater Village to confirm that we're in the right place, or people'd have to experiment.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:48 PM
I have the Widestop Neighborhood, it looks so good, I decided to grab this to add in my Pleasantview Hood. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 6:28 PM
Hello Peni. I have been enjoying your simbler comments on the many versions of widespot I have downloaded the neighborhood and placed it in my game and played many sim days. Over the summer I chanced upon Origins gift of the Complete Sim collection and couldn't resist. Again I downloaded the neighborhood and placed it in the neighborhood folder. Upon opening the game I find that some of the sims are headless and the graphics are weird and stretched out. The lot also spins around and the only way to stop it is to exit the game. I have repeated the process of putting this neighborhood into my Complete Collection folder with the same results. Wish my luck I am going to attempt to attach this neighborhood as a sub hood and see if that will enable me to play this hood. Just as a FYI...I also downloaded HugeLunatic N299 and do not have any problem with the graphics. I am distressed but also unwilling to give up on this wonderful creative play oportunity. I will keep posting on my results for anyone interested.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:05 PM
That's...weird. I can't think why Widespot would be any different from N299. I sure hope you can get it to work! Keep us posted - if there's a trick to attaching BG neighborhoods to the UC, it needs to be known.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 9:33 AM
Cute subhood!
Also thanks for your help in the Feedback Forum! :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 1:00 AM
Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th May 2018 at 2:23 PM
I hope that this was created with AGS as I don't have FT or newer, I liked the description of the Neighborhood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th May 2018 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I hope that this was created with AGS as I don't have FT or newer, I liked the description of the Neighborhood.

Absolutely! I am a great believer in using AGS to ensure emptiness and make a hood accessible to as many players as possible.
Widespot RFD is identical to the original Widespot, which is a base game neighborhood, except that it's a subhood. All I did was take a copy of Widespot and change the neighborhood subtype, using AGS, some cheats, and SimPE. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Absolutely! I am a great believer in using AGS to ensure emptiness and make a hood accessible to as many players as possible.
Widespot RFD is identical to the original Widespot, which is a base game neighborhood, except that it's a subhood. All I did was take a copy of Widespot and change the neighborhood subtype, using AGS, some cheats, and SimPE. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Thanks very much for using AGS, I am sure that I will enjoy playing Widespot, and thanks for all of your work.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.