Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:21 PM
Genetics is the big one.

On the other hand, if a red-haired Sim and a blond Sim have a black-haired child, I can always change the child's hair color.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:29 PM
I got so mad the other day! I was inserting households I created into an empty world. I listen to music while doing these extensive things because the ingame music is terrible. So I did about 8 families, moved them all in, gave them careers and skills and everything, and fixed them up. So on one particular sim I went into CAS, when the loading screen came up I alt+tabbed cause my music stopped and I wanted to pick another song. Lol and behold the fucking game shut down and I never saved

I screamed and yelled very loud for a long time, and if I lived near an office of EA I most likely would've stormed over there and got myself arrested and charged! I'm tired of this game's poor architecture, and I'm disappointed that I have to scour the internet for mods to change the bizarre gameplay restrictions or choices EA felt was needed in this game.
Instructor
#53 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:00 AM Last edited by little bee : 26th May 2013 at 12:10 AM.
I'm the one who is in "TS3 Disappoints Me" band wagon.
The reason of my disappointment is EA fails to pick up the best creative gameplay design of its predecessor; TS1+TS2.

My BIG disappointments are; (minors not included. Hehehe )

1. Story Progression
It shocks me that I can't play multi-family anymore. I am stucked with one family.
And I can't select households who can move in and out of town or who can die or marry behind my back.
I can't CONTROL my game play as I can in TS1-2. EA takes away my control!

2. Loss of sense of humor that players used to fall in love with
You know what I mean.

3. EA takes away my FUN
- Sims can't die 100 ways possible anymore
Since TS3 makes sims able to climb up from the pool without ladder, that's a huge game changer!
- Berritos baby who adds nothing to the gameplay.
I miss my cute and interactive babies in TS2. Who can blame me for that?!
- Sweet&heartwarming interaction between parents and kids is gone.
So so sad.

4. All good stuff that should have been put in the base game or EP, EA sells them in Store!
Again, you know what I mean.

5. A lot of crazy gates, bugs, glitches and sooo many patches
Without TS3 fan community who has helped putting programs or tutorials to help us, I could give up on TS3 a long time ago.
Thank you, guys!

6. Romantic interaction is a huge..meh..compared to TS2
I'm not a pervert but making out in TS2 is FANTASTIC and so funny!
In TS3, I better eat berritos than making my sims hump on each other.

7. I can't save my house in building mode!
Can't tell you how many houses I lost while building due to Crash To Desktop

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 26th May 2013 at 6:08 AM
I think the major thing right not for me, since I just learned about Dragon Valley, is the stupid store having 'premium content' that should just be in the game. Dragons are in Dragon Valley, which makes sense because of the name, but I think they would've made more sense in Supernatural.

Chickens! Those should have been in either Pets or Seasons, but no, let's leave them out so we can charge extra for them in the store!

Maybe this isn't even how it works, but it's really disheartening to see these items, that should be kept in expansion packs, for sale just so EA can make some extra cash.

And you know, I'm not totally opposed to the idea of a store, but these are items that would definitely enhance my gameplay and I'd like to have them. Maybe I'm being entitled, but these items should be included in the empty EPs.

Of course there's a lot of other things that disappoint me but this one has been really bumming me out lately.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th May 2013 at 11:51 PM
The only thing that disappointed me about The Sims 3 is how many rabbit holes there are. The towns are practically based on rabbit holes and nothing else, in my opinion. Maybe I'm exaggerating, haha.

I don't really know what I was expecting, but hopefully The Sims 4 will have less rabbit holes and more "follow your sim into the building" lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 29th May 2013 at 7:57 PM
I should add that the primary reason I see for EA devs falling so short of the mark with TS3 is that they think of the sims as a game needing a whole bunch of pointless rules and 'goals' when they should be thinking of the sims as a big box of toys that we can play with as we choose. I'm not holding out any hope that they will not repeat this mistake, yet again, with TS4.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#57 Old 29th May 2013 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee

7. I can't save my house in building mode!
Can't tell you how many houses I lost while building due to Crash To Desktop

That one really ticks me off. It's a Seasons glitch and I had to uninstall Seasons to stop the Crash to Desktop. NOT impressed!
Instructor
#58 Old 29th May 2013 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Chickens! Those should have been in either Pets or Seasons, but no, let's leave them out so we can charge extra for them in the store!

I wouldn't mind that so much if we could just pay the lousy 600 Sim points for the chickens, but no, it's not stand alone and they want us to fork out 1400 for chickens and ugly clothes and furniture that I don't need/want.
Instructor
#59 Old 30th May 2013 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
I wouldn't mind that so much if we could just pay the lousy 600 Sim points for the chickens, but no, it's not stand alone and they want us to fork out 1400 for chickens and ugly clothes and furniture that I don't need/want.

Same thing as "Theatre". I just want a ticket machine but be forced to pay huge bucks for a whole theatre that I can build it on my own.
Or a Wishing Well, Special massage table etc.etc.

So greedy and manipulative way to sell.

UNCOOL, EA. Uncool!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:18 AM
I have to say, I started playing TS3 before TS2 and I only have one thing to say. Sims can woohoo in haystacks but they can't woohoo in cars no mo'? WTH?
Instructor
#61 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:32 AM
EA's dev team must have some really strange se- sorry, "woohoo" lives.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 30th May 2013 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
EA's dev team must have some really strange se- sorry, "woohoo" lives.

Don't forget conceiving your children in a pile of leaves and getting splinters from screwing somebody in a children's treehouse. The latter of which is especially eyebrow-raising because I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the game that says it needs to be the childhood treehouse of either of the adults involved.

...I'm almost certain that at some point someone's had a horrified sim child wander into the back garden and witness his mother climbing into his treehouse to have an extramarital affair with a fireman or something. It must have happened in someone's game, surely.

In short, Generations is weird.
Instructor
#63 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:01 PM
... wait. You can do it in leaves?
I guess I should keep a closer eye on the gardener then. o-o.
My poor leaves.
Scholar
#64 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:02 PM

You can buy the chicken coop separately, but it needs to be done through the in-game store, so if you avoid that like the plague, well...no chickens
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
... wait. You can do it in leaves?
I guess I should keep a closer eye on the gardener then. o-o.
My poor leaves.

0:46. Leaf sex.

With that particular couple, it seems to result in the birth of their second and third children. This being after they conceived the first one in an igloo.

...Sims are into some weird stuff sometimes.
Instructor
#66 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:04 PM
I'd watch it but my boyfriend is asleep like, a metre away from me. He'd probably whinge and ask why I was playing TS3 at this hour of night.
Instead I forum about it. xD

Don't worry Ming, I believe you. If I didn't you'd probably send Sprog my way..
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
You can buy the chicken coop separately, but it needs to be done through the in-game store, so if you avoid that like the plague, well...no chickens

I don't like the in-game store, but I do temporarily enable it once each day to check for deals. I did get the chicken coop that way.

Now, where's the rest of the dang farm animals?

Mad Poster
#68 Old 30th May 2013 at 10:08 PM
When I go to the Store, it says the chicken coop isn't available separately - and I'm not paying $16.00 or whatever it is for the Country set. That's been a disappointment for me - how much the pixel crap costs.
Instructor
#69 Old 30th May 2013 at 10:14 PM
My babies are trapped inside blankets and I can barely interact with them compared to TS2. Sigh.
Instructor
#70 Old 30th May 2013 at 11:57 PM Last edited by esmesqualor : 31st May 2013 at 1:08 AM.
Quote:
...it needs to be done through the in-game store, so if you avoid that like the plague, well...no chickens

Is that when you're logged into the mother ship while playing? Yes, I avoid that like the plague. Thanks, I would never have known!

later that afternoon...

Couldn't find it. It may have been offered on its own once, but it doesn't appear anywhere it should when I was logged in. Thanks, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 31st May 2013 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
When I go to the Store, it says the chicken coop isn't available separately - and I'm not paying $16.00 or whatever it is for the Country set. That's been a disappointment for me - how much the pixel crap costs.

It's probably on some kind of rotation. My only suggestion is to check periodically. They do change what is available and at what discount. Keep an eye out for notices here and on the EA Sims 3 Store Discussion forums. Players will often post when there is a special purchase option available. Good luck to ya.

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 31st May 2013 at 7:34 AM
What bugs me the most is the whole store thing in general. I love the idea of being able to buy things don't get me wrong but as mentions you can only buy certain things in certain group and it is just so annoying! On top of the fact they took tons of stuff away that I loved about sims 2. I loved how you could go buy your sims clothes in sims 2, I mean I love how you can be much more creative now, but I also wish I could go into a store (another thing I hate, how you have to stay outside while your sims goes into the store) and buy my sims some clothes. I miss the whole business thing, and I miss how much more interacts you had. Your sims could go on a date in sims 2 and go out to eat and you could see what was going on, and all the cute "steal a bite" ad what not. I miss the different vacations. I miss building apartments. Wow. I really miss sims 2. I wish sims 3 was almost everything sims 2 had but better done, and with supernatural stuff add on. I did like the more career choices you have now, but yeah.
Scholar
#73 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:44 AM
Is that when you're logged into the mother ship while playing? Yes, I avoid that like the plague. Thanks, I would never have known!

later that afternoon...

Couldn't find it. It may have been offered on its own once, but it doesn't appear anywhere it should when I was logged in. Thanks, though.

Yeah, that's the one (I use it regularly but only because I know there are discounts and free items offered, and the occasional premium item without the set before it's available on its own on the site). I can't check whether the chicken coop is still available in my game as I already own it through a glitched sale -- if it is anywhere it'll be under "Sort by Function -> Pet Essentials -> Miscellaneous" (that's where I find it in my game).
Scholar
#74 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:17 PM
Initially, the main disappointment for me was how hard it was to make individualistic looking Sims. Not to mention making anything pretty. I'm not sure if it was just my own imagination, but I seem to remember that when the base game was first released, the animations didn't look good at all. For example, when a Sim smiled, they looked more like they were showing the dentist their teeth.

With some practice and an ever-increasing amount of CC, I'm getting better at making Sims. But it took three and a half years before I could say I was actually happy with the way a Sim of mine looked. Maybe I was just less critical of my own skills when I first got TS2, but I felt like I got the hang of Sim-creation much faster with that. I hope TS4 won't have the same long, difficult learning curve as TS3.

My most important lasting disappointment is the way kids and younger age groups look. I get that the younger Sims aren't the "main characters" in the game, but would it hurt to be able to make them cute? A lot of Simmers love the family aspect of the game. In TS2, I had more families with children and toddlers than without. In TS3 I currently have all of 4 custom families that have children, and none that have toddlers. I even grow up all the toddlers in townie families, because I dislike them so much. The babies I never cared for in any game, but given the choice I prefer the TS2 ones. At least they have limbs.

This is minor compared to the above, but the way cars work in TS3 has always annoyed me. I like the animation from Nightlife, where the whole family scrambles to get into the cars, and I know I'm not the only one who misses it. It's also pretty daft that cars go in your pocket. I would much preferred if there were parking lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
My most important lasting disappointment is the way kids and younger age groups look. I get that the younger Sims aren't the "main characters" in the game, but would it hurt to be able to make them cute? A lot of Simmers love the family aspect of the game. In TS2, I had more families with children and toddlers than without. In TS3 I currently have all of 4 custom families that have children, and none that have toddlers. I even grow up all the toddlers in townie families, because I dislike them so much.

What specifically are you trying to achieve appearance-wise when making sim children and toddlers, and what are you trying to avoid with them? Depending on what you're going for, I may be able to help you out here- I've at least made some very distinctive ones with a lot of personality in recent months, having stubbornly decided that I wanted to make interesting children no matter what EA wants me to do.

(I know, I am the guy with a reputation for making inhuman monstrosities, but that's not all I do. Here are some examples of perfectly human sim children I've made who don't have generic faces or unmemorable appearances at all. Girls, even- they're, if anything, harder to make than boys)

Page 3 of 5