Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd May 2013 at 6:57 PM
Thanks for the answer Heaven! I actually have it all written up, pics and everything, I'm just sort of waiting until the release of Dragon Valley, since I will probably want to move it there, instead of the world it is currently in. Plus there will be more store stuff available to use. I'll end up re-doing my pics, but at least I already know what I want, lol

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:55 AM
What is considered PG-13 in terms of references to violence and/or crime? Thanks.
Scholar
#28 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:06 AM
I figured I'd get the ball rolling, even though I usually like posting after Splad has. : P But dunno if she's participating this round or not so here's my entry.

Note: This story IS based off of pre existing material and I will be more than happy to send the judges a link (by request) to the material and a translation as the story is in spanish and is a story I grew up with. I would rather not post anything in this thread as its a story I know no one here has ever heard of and while I will be making the story my own, the core story is still there and I'd rather not ruin the ending for people who don't know it.

Anyway.

Son of the Moon
Chapter One

---

Current Prompts: Enchanted Forest, Quest
Previous Prompts N/A
Word Count: 1470
Photo Count: 14
CC USed:
Allowed:
- Store Content clothing, hairs and decorations
- Skins: Ephemera's Default Skins
- World: Rownshire v3

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th May 2013 at 3:17 PM
I'm happy to have a first entry in. I'll go and update the contestant list now. Let's hope we get 9 more soon!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#30 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:49 AM Last edited by porkypine : 2nd Jun 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Ok. I get it now. Thanks for posting Reya! I had to see what this is supposed to look like. Waits an eon for game to load.....
edit: I am making up my own story from scratch...

edit: lol. Making my set is taking a LONG time. I may or may not have an entry read in time. lol

edit: Not finding the poses I need for the shots.. I don't think I'll have anything ready in time....
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#31 Old 29th May 2013 at 2:12 PM
I don't know if I'll be participating this cycle, Reya. Supernatural tales are not my strong point, and though I could probably make a good start, I don't know that I'd be able to finish.

I'll definitely check in to cheer everyone on though!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#32 Old 29th May 2013 at 10:28 PM
I think you need to advertise this contest Heaven. I don't think people see it.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for the advice porky! I'll see what I can do!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#34 Old 31st May 2013 at 6:35 PM
Alrighty then, I looked at Dragon Valley, decided I loved it, but I am keeping this story in Avalon, lol This is my first time entering a contest here---so I hope I do this right! I underlined the required stuff.

Chapter 1: The Princess

~<>~

Current Prompts: bard, enchanted shoes
Previous Prompts: N/A
Word Count: 1500
Photo Count: 10
CC Used: Allowed: Default skin, EA Store, World: Avalon
Excerpt: It is truth, but truth is not always appearance; and bonus excerpt : Magic is the bloodstream of the universe

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:00 PM
Default Chapter One: Ripples in the Water
Chapter One: Ripples in the Water

Photo Count: 15
CC Used: Allowed only. Skin , Eyes

Phew. In retrospect, entire chapter in the dark? Probably not an awesome idea. I had a really hard down cutting down pictures/words for this. Including many adorable and I swear totally necessary cat pics.

Now I just hope we get seven more late entires
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 4:30 PM
3 down, 7 more to go! Still 2 and a half days to go for anyone wanting to get an entry in.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 6:29 PM
I would be so tempted to enter this - I just don't have a story idea. I fear that is rather key to this contest Hopefully one will come to me soon!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#38 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:06 PM Last edited by porkypine : 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by w_sims
I would be so tempted to enter this - I just don't have a story idea. I fear that is rather key to this contest Hopefully one will come to me soon!

lol. I have a story idea but am bogged down creating my photo sets. Not enough time to get it going... (The truth being I seem to be unable to just create a 'Hollywood' type set.. I find myself building the whole lot as a usable unit. But then again, I am not practiced at storytelling. I am a builder at heart and a mesh masher secondarily and probably soon to be a pose maker because I can't find the poses I want for the scenes.)

I think you should have an extension on this one Heaven... so you can get enough contestants.

So I guess I better get a move on creating my fairy rath... after working all day.. cleaning and cooking.. finding some personal time.... uh - yea. that..
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:07 PM
If we don't have enough contestants by that time, I'll have to talk to someone and see if an extension can be allowed. I don't think it would be an issue as the contest area isn't exactly abuzz with activity at the moment but I don't want to promise anything just yet.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#40 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:15 PM
I still think you need a sticky up top for APPLICATION ROUND. All visitors see is all the closed stuff. People who don't know the site just don't scroll down enough to see the application round at the bottom of the page.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 4:02 PM
With only 3 entries and less than a day to go, I am officially extending this. Delphy was nice enough to post this on the home page as well so maybe we can get some more traffic.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#42 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 6:24 PM
Good! I may have time to get my story pics going then! When is the new deadline? (or should I scroll up to read the new date?) ...scrolling up....
#43 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 7:17 PM
Is this application round still running? I think I would to use the Sims 3, since I have some pretty Sims 3 Store dresses that look very medieval and rustic.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 9:40 PM
Can the story be set in someone else's fictional world? Namely, JK Rowling's Harry Potter? I have an idea for a story which mostly uses the setting of Hogwarts, and although the storyline and main character are completely my own, a few of the characters are briefly mentioned (but literally only by name) in the Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I understand if this wouldn't be allowed as it's not an entirely original setting, but just thought I'd ask.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 9:42 PM
Porky, I gave it another week, hoping we can get enough entries in by then. At that time, the application round will have run for a month. If I can't get enough entries in a month, might as well close up shop!

CrèmedelaCrème, yes, the contest is still open to new applicants.

NatteryakToad, I think what you're suggesting is perfectly alright! Looking forward to it!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#46 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 10:03 PM
yea... I hafta pay bills tonight then see if I have enough time to fire up the computer to take the pictures.. (Remind self - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CREATE THE WHOLE LOT FOR A PICTURE! JUST THE SET!)

Last night was date-night with hubby-dearest. Dinner and a double feature at the movies. Saw After Earth and Fast and Furious 6. Got to bed around 1:30 am-ish . . up at 6 am... Nothing like sleep deprivation. mwahahahaa!
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 6:35 PM
Still only three contestants, huh? Eh, what the hell, I'll join in, too

Prologue: The Burning of Cartref Wood

Current Prompts: Enchanted Forest, Elves
Previous Prompts: N/A
Word Count: 1064
Photo Count: 10
CC Used: None
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 9:50 PM
Due to real life issues and the fact I cannot work with word limits well I have decided not to enter. I wish everyone who has entered luck.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#49 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 5:18 PM
Holy Freakin' Corn Dogs! I just saw this contest on the home page today. I haven't dropped by MTS for a couple weeks as I've forced myself to focus my time to get stuff that needed to be done done. So, no fun times. But that's over now.

Hmmm... only 4 days... I'm no Mary Poppins, but I'll try to pull something out of the bottomless purse bag. This may not be a good first entry, but this contest needs some.

To everyone holding back entering because they're feeling that their entry may not be good enough or you might eventually do something this summer or whatever reason, screw it. Just go ahead and enter anyway. Your story/idea is not as bad as you think it is. Let's do what we can in the application so this contest can keep going, then work extra hard on the next round.
If you don't even have a story idea (like me), read the entries that have already been posted, bust out some Disney movies, shove those kids out of your way in the fairy tale section of the library... spark your imagination and run with it. Crap can turn into gold! I've seen it. ...well, ok, maybe not that--but I have seen crappy story beginnings turn into golden stories. Don't give up!

LET'S DO THIS! Who's with me?!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#50 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 9:46 PM Last edited by porkypine : 8th Jun 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Qnshr5
Holy Freakin' Corn Dogs! I just saw this contest on the home page today. I haven't dropped by MTS for a couple weeks as I've forced myself to focus my time to get stuff that needed to be done done. So, no fun times. But that's over now.

Hmmm... only 4 days... I'm no Mary Poppins, but I'll try to pull something out of the bottomless purse bag. This may not be a good first entry, but this contest needs some.

To everyone holding back entering because they're feeling that their entry may not be good enough or you might eventually do something this summer or whatever reason, screw it. Just go ahead and enter anyway. Your story/idea is not as bad as you think it is. Let's do what we can in the application so this contest can keep going, then work extra hard on the next round.
If you don't even have a story idea (like me), read the entries that have already been posted, bust out some Disney movies, shove those kids out of your way in the fairy tale section of the library... spark your imagination and run with it. Crap can turn into gold! I've seen it. ...well, ok, maybe not that--but I have seen crappy story beginnings turn into golden stories. Don't give up!

LET'S DO THIS! Who's with me?!

I agree and am trying to get my game set up to take the blinking pictures but my garden calls... lol (It's funny, but my sims gardens are always lovelier than my real life weed patch of a mess in the desert out here.. lol. Sims is my solace for lack of real life gardening skills). ... And thoughts of how to unwrap the Sims3 burrito baby keep creeping into my thoughts...... decisions on what to use my scarce time for.... burritos or fairies... fairies or burritos... hmm.. now I'm hungry! And of course, I am not really crazy about the clothing I have and am thinking about creating some garments... That would also take time away from the story.... I guess at heart, I am not much of a sims player but a mesher and an architect.

Ok. I'll try my best to crank out my story. Can I post what I have so far and then add the rest since it isn't the deadline yet? I'll do that... and you can cry foul later.

Page 2 of 3