Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 4:34 PM Last edited by fakepeeps7 : 25th Jun 2013 at 5:34 PM. Reason: found!
Default [FOUND] SimModa's Maxis-match hair textures
People keep asking me about a specific hair I used in my upload pictures, and I have to keep telling them that it's no longer available. The mesh was #53 from RAONJENA Sims (a freebie), but SimModa had the nice Maxis-match textures. Unfortunately, SimModa seems to have left MTS and taken down all of their uploads.

Is SimModa's stuff available anywhere else? I've checked the Sims Graveyard, but it doesn't appear that their stuff is there. It would be great if someone could make these textures available, because they're quite popular. I went to re-install them the other day myself, and was disappointed to find that I could no longer do so.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
People keep asking me about a specific hair I used in my upload pictures, and I have to keep telling them that it's no longer available. The mesh was #53 from RAONJENA Sims (a freebie), but SimModa had the nice Maxis-match textures. Unfortunately, SimModa seems to have left MTS and taken down all of their uploads.

Is SimModa's stuff available anywhere else? I've checked the Sims Graveyard, but it doesn't appear that their stuff is there. It would be great if someone could make these textures available, because they're quite popular. I went to re-install them the other day myself, and was disappointed to find that I could no longer do so.

I can't see your picture, I don't know if it's just my computer but just thought I'd let you know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:27 AM
Here's a link to the picture. I don't know why the picture itself won't show up. Hair 53

Never mind. There it is.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:41 AM
That hair has been done a lot, one is here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=265631 I'd add others but my net is playing up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That hair has been done a lot, one is here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=265631 I'd add others but my net is playing up.

Thanks. I didn't know there were others. It's not quite the same, though. SimModa's was chunkier and not so wispy at the bottom, so it looked more like the game hairs.

I'll keep looking...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:10 AM
It's been done by simgaroop here http://simlish.dreamwidth.org/61471.html and although there isn't a picture there I'm thinking that one would be more what you are after.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's been done by simgaroop here http://simlish.dreamwidth.org/61471.html and although there isn't a picture there I'm thinking that one would be more what you are after.

No... unfortunately, that one's even further away from what I want! It's still wispy on the bottom and it's shorter... and the barrette is black:

The one SimModa did had chunky ends, so it looked much more like the Maxis hair. It was not wispy at all (I really dislike wispy Sims hair). See the girl on the right:

That's what I'm looking for. It's the same mesh, but the texture and the alpha was perfectly Maxis match. Why do people have to take down their stuff?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 10:15 AM
I think I have that hair. I've uploaded it here.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:21 AM
Oh that is rather short. Yours looks like it was lengthened from the original. I hate it when people take their files down, never any need for that.

Thanks Artemdia I'm going to grab that as well. I like how it's more 'toddlerish.'

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:33 PM
Yes, Artemida, that's the one. Thanks so much! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 9:55 PM
I don't dislike the others, and usually I don't like Maxis hair for its somewhat fake look, but I agree that for toddler hair, in this case, this one looks better and more natural than the others. Thanks for reuploading it!