Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Autonomous Autograph Signing

by Amber Lokisdotter Posted 21st Jun 2013 at 5:55 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2018 at 7:45 AM by Amber Lokisdotter

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:48 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 11:43 PM
Thank you SO much. This was a major annoyance for me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:54 AM
I'm about to download this now! Thanx a lot for this mod!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:06 AM
Love the mod, Amber Lokisdotter.
I made one of these too, but you uploaded yours here first
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:58 AM
Thank you! You made a mod of my dream!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
Love the mod, Amber Lokisdotter.
I made one of these too, but you uploaded yours here first

I actually made this several weeks ago, but wanted to test it thoroughly to make certain it actually worked. There are 4 XML and ITUN files involved, not just one. I think all of yours just involve one XML file. Had you uploaded that, it wouldn't have been complete.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:06 AM
I notice several 1.50 mods are compatible with 1.55. Is this one?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 4:37 PM
Thanks a lot! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 3:54 AM
Can You make a mod for no Autonomous using the juice kegger
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JasonDayspring
I notice several 1.50 mods are compatible with 1.55. Is this one?

I don't know for certain, as I haven't been able to install the 1.55 patch yet. (I can't even play right now due to computer problems.) I don't THINK the autograph XML files would have changed in 1.55. If they haven't been changed, then this mod should still be fine.

Quote: Originally posted by KikkiandFriends
Can You make a mod for no Autonomous using the juice kegger

I might... if I knew what it was. Which expansion did it come with? The problem is that if it's an expansion I don't have, I can't test it or do screen shots. You need at least one screen shot in order to be allowed to post anything to MTS, even a tuning mod. It sounds like that would be a University option, and I don't have University, so it could be a little problematic. Sorry.

Maybe ask daniandan. He does a lot of tuning mods, and if he has University he could make it for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 1:09 PM
This is a lifesaver! I always wanted this but I never knew how to make them myself and am now so intensely grateful :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 11:49 PM
Awesome, I'd been waiting for such a mod for years. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 4:58 PM
I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEE this! Been wanting something like this for a while now.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 5:22 AM
So so glad you made this mod. It's so annoying that all my queued up actions dissapear because they wanted my sims autugraph. You really made my day. Thank you so much.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 7:59 AM
Thanks for this My sim hasn't been able to do his firefighter job well because of those pesky coworkers who won't stop bothering him...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:34 PM
Thank thou so much for this one. So annoying when your sims actions get interrupted by autograph asking. Every time my sims orders a drink in a bar this autograph asking happens and he/she
never gets to have a drink.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 2:46 AM
I wanted to let everyone know that this doesn't seem to work 100% anymore. I installed University, and now my Sims occasionally get interrupted for autographs. It's not as bad as it was before this mod, but it does happen, which means there's another file that I need to include. If it's an XML file it's a little better hidden, so it may take some time before I can get it working all the way.

Not to say it doesn't work at all, just that if you do get occasionally interrupted by autographs, don't be completely shocked.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I wanted to let everyone know that this doesn't seem to work 100% anymore. I installed University, and now my Sims occasionally get interrupted for autographs. It's not as bad as it was before this mod, but it does happen, which means there's another file that I need to include. If it's an XML file it's a little better hidden, so it may take some time before I can get it working all the way.

Not to say it doesn't work at all, just that if you do get occasionally interrupted by autographs, don't be completely shocked.

Ya I can't figure it out either. I have found this in the 'Celebrity_0xead90e377534fce8' , but it still doesn't work 100% when changing the variable to 0. Tho it is not as bad as i remember long time ago when you would get interrupted every 10 seconds.

Code:
 <kChanceAskForAutographVsSocialAfterPositiveReaction value="0.3">
      <!--Valid values: 0.0 to 1.0.  If we've decided the Sims will interact with each other (after reacting positively) and the celeb Sim is able to sign an autograph (i.e. in an appropriate career/level), this value is the chance the interaction is an 'Ask for Autograph' interaction.  On the other hand, 1.0 minus this value is the chance we choose a social (which will be randomly chosen from the list of socials specified in this tuning file).-->
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 1:04 AM
Thank you because of this mod, I don't have to yell at the Sims I accidentally signed an autograph to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:48 AM
you are a life saver... I hate so much all those annoying distractions that I actually opt out my family from the celebrity system just to avoid that. Thanks for the mod <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:31 PM
Out of curiosity, will this also make it so MY sims won't drop what they're doing to ASK for an autograph (and might your cell phone picture mod do the same)? He hates EVERYONE, so having him unavoidably gush over every celebrity he sees really irks me, lol!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyamePasse
Out of curiosity, will this also make it so MY sims won't drop what they're doing to ASK for an autograph (and might your cell phone picture mod do the same)? He hates EVERYONE, so having him unavoidably gush over every celebrity he sees really irks me, lol!

I think so. It lowers the chance for a Sim to do it autonomously. (I had tried to remove it completely, but there must be an XML somewhere also affects this that I haven't been able to find.) I changed the values for both player Sims and NPC Sims to 0, so your Sim shouldn't do it quite so often. As I said, it won't remove it completely because apparently one of the later patches added a new XML that i haven't been able to find that also pushes for autographs and cell phone picture taking, but it should remove MOST of those autonomous interactions, so being a celebrity (or having other celebrities in your world) won't be QUITE as annoying.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:09 AM
Awesome. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 10:47 PM
i would like it to make no relationship when i do autograph for sims