Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 2:06 PM
Diving lots
Hi! I think, the diving lots is the most interestin thing in Island paradise, but EA didn't want building of it to game, but I very want see and play at it at other towns.
I tried to build it at the Sunlit Tides, deep of the water is very small, and after placing of diving lot in town (thanks to cheat code EnableLotLocking true/false) I lowered level of the ground in build mode, after this my sim can dive to the water. But, view of this water is very bad, there not color of ground and the lots is visible from the water surface.
How I can paint the ground in water and hide the water-objects from the water surface?
Photos from my game:

*light beams created by the code in fog generator : EP10OceanLightRays
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 5:26 PM
Interesting dicussion, I would like to see this continue.

Don't you need Island Paradise to make this work? Did you use CAW for this?
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 6:37 PM
Hi! I found out the way to make possible to create diving lots in other worlds, and I suggest you to try it. I've already added diving lots to Starlight shores (you can download it here.

The steps you need to do:
1. extract the premade world to CAW (steps 1-5 from HystericalParoxysm's tutorial)
2. Add new lot(s) and change it's type to Community-kEP10_diving (surely you can edit the relief before placing lots)
3. Rebuid routing data (I don't know if it is nessessary, but i did it just to be sure)
4. Edit description of the world and it's picture. (I did it in case of unwanted problems with export)
5. File->Save as... (choose any name you want)
6. File->Close current world
7. File-> Choose a world for export-> (your world)
8. Move or copy your exported world from folder "Export" to "Downloads" and install it as usual world.
9. Enjoy diving! (surely, you need to edit lots in game to have anythung on them)

Hope this helps)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 6:51 PM
Thanks for these first explorations, parazitgaga and Birget! I'm curious as to why the ground texture wasn't showing, and if the underwater objects will show up from above in IP as they did in parazitgaga's screen shot. But it's good to know that dive lots can in fact be placed in other worlds.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 8:45 PM
Margaret Pendragon, I can say that in my game underwater objects don't show up from above and everything works as in Isla Paradiso.
There is one aspect while making underwater lots - you can use floor switch button (I don't know how correctly to name it. but as it switches you between ground and other floors, it switches between the serface and the bottom of the sea).
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 6:43 AM
I was able to place working diving lots in my world too, with no problems. Only using CAW, though. It would be neat to be able to place the lots in EIG, I hope someone will be able to figure that out.

My Tumblr!
dodgy builder
#7 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 8:15 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 28th Jun 2013 at 12:03 PM.
I just picked this one up from games forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689246.page

It needed a restart or perhaps even two for the lots to show up for me as well.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 12:50 AM
Hey there, I've been posting over at thesims3.com but I'm brand new here, looking for CAW help... we have a thread on CAW and the IP patch going on here in the Create A World thread.

Parazitgaga, I had that same issue with dive lots: I place a lot in game (not CAW) but using the cheat "EnableLotLocking true" and was able to make a dive lot by selecting lot type: dive. Same as you, the water color was rather solid and when I went to paint the terrain, the terrain paint did not show up. I exited Edit World, went on my merry way and played some more, saved the game. Today I opened it back up and found the water clear and beautiful, and the patchy, blind paint job I did showing up perfectly. So, I think after placing a dive lot in game you may need to quite and reload the game.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 3:23 AM
Has anyone found out how to set difficulty for the dive lots, in terms of skill needed?

EDIT: nm, it's set via the diving buoy object in buydebug when you place it on surface. Shift-clicking.
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 11:08 AM
I just posted a lil tut on building a dive lot from scratch over in General Discussion. Presumably the same steps work in EIG. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4177569

I didn't run into the issues described above with water color/ground textures, don't know why!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 7:21 PM
I haven't bought IP yet and I'm glad I read this post first. I figured all we had to do was edit the ocean bottom of a world with texture, objects, and the required depth in CAW. If the limited space of a lot is all the underwater adventure we get, I'm disappointed.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 8:40 AM
I'm building a world now and I think it's only natural it's a lot, because someone has to make it. The water could perhaps be less blurry though.