Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 43 (Who?), Viewed: 8142 times.
Page 2 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 7:54 PM
Inventor
#27 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:12 PM
I created a new class derived ResortTowerRug, derived from the original ResortTower class. Then I overrode all places that called the visual state change. (That required making some things virtual in theSims3GameplayObjects.dll and creating a new UpgradeRug function that replaces the original Upgrade.) You'll be able to take a look at the .dll in the package.

The visual state never appears now. I tested placing, loading a save, and placing a resort lot with rug from the library. I still have no interaction thumbnail, but that should be fixable. I also had to make some minor changes to the loading of the basic gameobject data, but I hope it doesn't causes problems.

This should be more thoroughly tested, though, (e.g. the sounds) and I haven't created the derived classes for the three other types yet (so far I've tested with the beach tower).

For an actual final package, we'll need to combine your rugs for the four towers with the script and tunings. How would you like us to go about combining them? I can attach or PM you the .dll and tuning files and you could add them to your rugs or vice versa...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:37 PM
The Eco-Modern tower has the highest guest capacity, so that would be the best tower to use for your script. Beyond that, I don't think they offer different services, so is it necessary to create a replacement rug for each tower type?

I can package the rug with a nice pretty catalog icon if you want, but really, this work is yours and the credit goes to you.
Inventor
#29 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:52 PM
Well, there's a strategic element to when to buy which tower. The Eco-Modern is the best, but most expensive. The Small Tower is cheapest (I guess, don't have the numbers right now), but not upgradable. So for those that like to play the business building element of resorts, I think it would be useful to include all four. Though they could share some resources such as the VPXY, _RIG, FTPT, and RSLT.

And I've already created all four subclasses (was just an easy copy/paste) and created the correct IDs for the tunings. I'm still looking into the missing action icon.

You can credit me for the .dll, but I think it would make sense if you host the rugs along with the other ones at your site.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:59 PM
Oh, good point about the cost. I can probably lower the cost of buying the rug initially, but upgrade and maintenance costs would be an important part of resort finances.

Ok, I'm good with that. Let's do it! I can do some independent testing in my game too, if you want an independent eye on how they function ingame, just PM me.
Inventor
#31 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:48 PM
Just sent you a PM

As for the price: I would leave it as it is to retain the business challenge. I believe people who just want to have their resort as quickly as possible can easily cheat to get the money if they don't have it. Or you could offer two versions. One free and one with the original price. Though the upgrades would still cost the same since that's in the script. Though now that I think about it, setting the quality in Build/Buy circumvents that. I'm wondering if that's a bug...
Test Subject
#32 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 3:02 AM
i am excited reading your progress. my cruise ship awaits your rug
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:30 PM
For those who have been watching this thread for progress, the rabbit hole rugs are now available on my site for download. They will be uploaded to MTS soon as well. Huge thanks to Velocitygrass for your work on the script!
Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer who lives under a rock
#34 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:51 PM
Great news! Well done!!!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 10:27 PM
Congratulations! Good job! *confetti* *fireworks* *good year blimp*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#36 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:24 AM
Been following this with interest and congratulations!

Beware! The day I get a Featured Upload on MTS is the day you will be able to ice skate in Hell!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 6:13 AM
Wow......I had missed this thread for a couple of days and absolutely astounded at the wonderful progress that's been made. Thank you all so much - this is absolutely brilliant!
Scholar
#38 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:08 PM
Will be nice to build a resort that does not require a tower that reminds me of a nuclear power plant! Excellent works guys and thank you!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 2:13 AM
Misty and Velocitygrass, thank you so-o-o- much for your efforts. I have just downloaded the rugs and am thrilled to no end. I have been anticipating these since well before IP was released and am sorry that they ended up being so difficult to create. **Wild, overly enthusiastic snifter-clink to you both**
Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 9:10 AM
Thank you both so much for sticking with this project! Now I can finally build resorts on smaller lots! Cheers!
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#41 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 11:32 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 6:08 PM
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 10:14 PM
Great work!

However, I got one question. I noticed the maximum capacity of a rabbithole can also be modded through XML ( <kMaxOccupancy value="15, 25, 40"> ). Now I always disliked the fact that guests could disappear into the rabbithole as if it was a hotel room. I want them to use VIP-rooms only. Can I change this max capacity into zero? Would that make all my guests use the VIP-rooms?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickZ
Great work!

However, I got one question. I noticed the maximum capacity of a rabbithole can also be modded through XML ( <kMaxOccupancy value="15, 25, 40"> ). Now I always disliked the fact that guests could disappear into the rabbithole as if it was a hotel room. I want them to use VIP-rooms only. Can I change this max capacity into zero? Would that make all my guests use the VIP-rooms?

I'd seen that too Patrick, but haven't gotten around to playing with tuning yet. I'm working on building a little resort for some screen shots tonight. Perhaps you could try tuning the guest capacity? Bear in mind though, doing so would most likely negatively affect your revenue. Of course, you could retune upkeep costs to offset some of that.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
26th Aug 2013 at 7:20 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2

Section jump