Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 8:10 PM
Default What have you discovered in Island Paradise today?
Maybe this is redundant but I'm really interested to see what there is to this new expansion. I don't play in Isla Paradiso since it lags for me so I prefer small custom worlds but in mine I discovered:

On small island worlds it is quite difficult to create hidden islands

Hurray for new plants!(i'm a builder)

The new hair in Island Paradise are stunning!

I love water slides O.O
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 12:04 AM
The All-In-One bathroom is a godsend, especially for community lots.

You can indeed check into a resort with someone not your spouse and fool around. (Checking into a resort you don't own may cause a crash but I can do it... SOME of the time Save first!

Eating at a resort buffet lets you eat WITH your date, and one plate won't fill you up; your sim will keep going back for more.

Dive lots take a REALLY long time to decorate... TOO MUCH CORAL
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 12:45 AM
I've discovered that inactives move their houseboats. While playing one family I went into map view and saw a couple of houseboats heading out into the ocean.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 1:29 AM
I just found this video of a sim playing in the water with a toddler.

...Some parts of the animation loop used for it could actually be reused for a custom interaction for playing with a toddler on land, come to think of it. Use the parts where the sim simply holds the toddler and bounces them up and down, remove any water effects, etc. It could theoretically make for an endearing new way for a sim to play with their 1-year-old baby around the house.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 4:26 AM
My sim was leaving a cave when the cave monster grabbed her and pulled her back in LOL They fought inside the cave and then my sim came out.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 1:53 PM
I put some of my Crumb Family on a houseboat and they were still fighting and arguing all the time. In fact, Evadne Crumb had a fight with the mailman after he threw the mail down in front of her in what looked like a tamper tantrum. The houseboat is now covered in piles of dirty laundry and dishes with flies all over them. Very cruelly I put hampers on the boat and a clothes washer and drier, knowing no-one would use them.
Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I just found this video of a sim playing in the water with a toddler.

...Some parts of the animation loop used for it could actually be reused for a custom interaction for playing with a toddler on land, come to think of it. Use the parts where the sim simply holds the toddler and bounces them up and down, remove any water effects, etc. It could theoretically make for an endearing new way for a sim to play with their 1-year-old baby around the house.

Does that 60-second-long video only show a toddler being bounced up and down repeatedly? Either the video or the interaction itself, nothing really excites me about this at all.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 8:22 PM
Update----one of my Sims I moved to IP is a werewolf. He got to work as a journalist by simply teleporting from his houseboat to his workplace. Is this supposed to happen, I wonder? His partner went to work the usual way and I haven't got any teleporting mods.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Does that 60-second-long video only show a toddler being bounced up and down repeatedly? Either the video or the interaction itself, nothing really excites me about this at all.

It's nothing major, but at least it is a new toddler interaction in a game where they usually forget to add any. I'm just linking to it because it's the first video of that interaction posted by a player rather than briefly shown in developer previews, that's all.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 10:05 PM
Lifeguards can save ghosts from drowning. GHOSTS. Who are already dead anyway...
Also, the people that they save are perfectly fine to walk out of the water but then suddenly collapse and need CPR. Sim logic. "I'm fine, really" *Falls over and has heart attack*

I really like the hair in this EP, though. Especially the one with the waterfall braid.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 10:39 PM
not only do pregnant mersims still transform in the water, but they even keep their baby bumps.

Scholar
#12 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 12:16 AM
who knew you have to chlorinate the resort pools...thank god i asked one of the guests how their stay was...lmao

Eminence Grise
#13 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
Update----one of my Sims I moved to IP is a werewolf. He got to work as a journalist by simply teleporting from his houseboat to his workplace. Is this supposed to happen, I wonder? His partner went to work the usual way and I haven't got any teleporting mods.

Sims teleport from houseboats to carpools/schoolbuses... haven't seen em teleport directly to work though... was this on a houseboat and was it near the office?
Scholar
#14 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Gosh. Second that. lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 10:56 PM
Lost anyone?

kinda freaked me out a little, hope nothing bad's gonna happen to my sim lol
[who know's the series Lost knows what i mean]
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 12:28 AM
Snorkeling in the rain causes the soaked moodlet, because being up to your snorkel in water is apparently not wet enough.
dodgy builder
#17 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

It does, but fill it with cars, and lost worlds, big green leaves, big messy groundpaint and caves. You don't need that much coral.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:19 AM
While on the forums I thought I would check a dive lots thread I posted in and found some great ideas: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/694916.page

They filled them up quick with the Antenna, Dish, and other objects.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 11:18 PM
Cool dive lot ideas

I've been running a resort (trying to get hidden island number 7!) Thanks to exploiting respawning chests on dive lots my mermen have no shortage of cash to pour into it. Anyway I've learned you can play in a pool waterfall, upgrade the resort tower to provide spa services, and change the resort tower's color scheme (still wish I could CaST it >< ). About to find out if my guests will use amenities in a basement, running out of space.

Also learned that even if you limit seasons to spring and summer it can get pretty chilly in the Spring, but that won't stop sims from lying out on beach towels My lifeguard had to thaw a few sims as well as rescuing them from the water.

And, while houseboats are immune to zombies, resorts aren't When my resort courtyard filled up with em my sims took refuge on their boat and left the guests to the zombies.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:23 AM
Mermaids get rehydrated from the rain!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 7:37 PM
I learned that the Treasure Chests placed in a CaW world or in-game using Buy/Build On This Lot are all giving the same treasure every single time: the 3 silver and other stuff. The 9 different choices for treasure are not cycled through or chosen randomly as I think was presumed by most people. The treasure needs to be chosen for each Chest, which can be done by ctrl+shift+click (when in buy/build mode), taking Assign Treasure, and choosing the one you want from the list.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 2:12 AM
when using the resort towers....and choosing *body treatments*...than *volcanic bath*...it resets the age of sim...
(this may hold true for all 3 options...but the 2 sims i have both used that one).

just like the ambitions makeover station does
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
when using the resort towers....and choosing *body treatments*...than *volcanic bath*...it resets the age of sim...
(this may hold true for all 3 options...but the 2 sims i have both used that one).

just like the ambitions makeover station does

I think this was supposed to be a feature... isn't there a "rejuvenating effect" associated with spa interactions since IP?
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:05 PM
I managed to build a diving area and it works! I have now built another one and linked them. My Sim went into the cave and came out in the other area.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 2:45 PM
For the first time I saw the Kraken!!!!
Page 1 of 2