Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 5106 times.
Eminence Grise
staff: retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:46 AM
Default Lifeguard career?
Does anybody happen to know... if you're a lifeguard, and there's nobody else at the beach you're assigned to, can you fish, snorkel, and generally goof off? Kinda wondering whether sims will only turn up and helpfully start to drown if you're doing "survey beach".
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:05 AM
I've had my sim goof of at the beginning, but I found that later on, it got annoying having to cancel what she was doing because she kept switching out of her career outfit! So she have to stop, stand there, switch to her career outfit, switch to her career outfit bathing suit version, THEN start wading into the water! lol

I did found out last time I played, that if I have MC, the map tags will say that the are going to panic, so it's easy to predict who will start drowning!
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:07 AM
Apparently Sims try to drown whether you're paying attention or not. Surveying doesn't seem to increase the odds.

I always bring a book to read or an instrument to play, but it does mean I need to pay more attention to compensate.
Inventor
#4 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:47 AM
Survey makes them auto rescue, or at least attempts to do it. If you want your sims to relax and all that jazz, you yourself needs to survey for him because sims will still drown or faint.

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with Island Paradise pictars!*
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedoren
Apparently Sims try to drown whether you're paying attention or not.

But only till 6 PM. A Sim started to drown about five minutes before but I noticed him only about five minutes after. My Sim could not be bothered, though; she dressed and went home. On seeing this the other Sim decided not to drown after all and he went home as well.

Union rules, I guess.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:37 PM Last edited by RozzyB : 23rd Jul 2013 at 9:31 PM.
Well... I am having a different kind of issue with the Lifeguard Career... I haven't seen this problem anywhere. So I am going to mention it here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them,

I have MC, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap by Twallan. And I must say that they have DRAMATICALLY improved my games performance.
I have also recently installed The Ultimate Fix.

Here's my issue. My sim hasn't had an issue as a Lifeguard...UNTIL the job for a certain beach shows up. I can't remember the name of the beach. It's on the main island and it a big beach that's located in a cove. When that job shows up, my game will run for all of 2 minutes and then it CTD. I had this happen to another sim in the Lifeguard career. I stopped playing that game and started another .. avoiding the LG career - No Problem,
But I thought, Hey I really want a sim to make it to the top of the LG Career.. so I'll give it another try. Obviously... this wasn't my best idea.
That was when I installed The Ultimate Fix.... and I HOPED it would fix the issue. :/ It didn't.
So now... I am going to run Overwatch as soon as the game loads and reset the whole town. I hope this works..... (I don't want to lose this household and I'm praying the household hasn't been corrupted by this.) I'm also going to have my sim take the day off. Going to try to avoid working at that beach. :/
*sigh*
Anyway... Like I said. If anyone has any ideas or has had the same issue, I'd like to hear about it.
I know that my computer is not the best for running the game. That's why I'm not bothering posting my specs. But it is interesting that I don't have an issue... until that ONE job shows up for that once specific beach.

Thanks~

Note:** The Offending Beach is called Crystal Waters Beach. I used MasterController to reset the town. Had my sim call work to take the day off. And saved my game as a New File. It worked. My game is running beautifully now. Still would like to know what the hell is up with that beach.

Ummmmm.... you want me to do what now???... :/
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 5:45 PM
If you happen to be working towards getting to the top of the Lifeguard career or trying to get a sim the "rescue 50 sims" life want, here's a couple things I've found that helps.
1. As soon as the shift starts, throw a party at the beach. I've been able to rescue around 7-sims per work day (normally just 1 or 2 without a party, sometimes even none).
2. If you have multiple sims drowning (likely if you threw a party), you can cancel out the rescue interaction right after your sim hands the drowning sim the floatation device. You can skip the CPR part, as your sim got credit for the rescue (and paid) right after handing over the floatation device. That should give you enough time to rescue any other drowning sims.

Also, guests always have a moderately good time at parties on the beach. I guess they moderately enjoy being rescued.

Meh.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pico22
But only till 6 PM. A Sim started to drown about five minutes before but I noticed him only about five minutes after. My Sim could not be bothered, though; she dressed and went home. On seeing this the other Sim decided not to drown after all and he went home as well.

Union rules, I guess.

Yaeh mine did too! Except mine was 5 mins before, but as soon as she got out of teh chair, it was already 6, and the drowning sim was pissed.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 5:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzyB
Note:** The Offending Beach is called Crystal Waters Beach. I used MasterController to reset the town. Had my sim call work to take the day off. And saved my game as a New File. It worked. My game is running beautifully now. Still would like to know what the hell is up with that beach.

Could have been an item stuck on the lot, or maybe even a routing problem.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but I've had my game crash for routing problems before. Isla Paradiso seems to have taken the lion's share of those instances.

Section jump