Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#401 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 9:38 PM
Sometimes I think I'm the last person on Earth still running XP.

I have ALL the feels relating to the Sims 4. Mostly pessimism. Really, *the shiny!* was what got me to transfer from 2 to 3. Now the graphics have gone down a strange new avenue and the game play is too different to be comfortable.

Darn it, EA, I'm old. I don't like change unless it's pretty and nostalgic in the good way.

Digging the llama reference though.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
[...]
Also, even though we've only seen two houses from TS4, I've seen no hint of a driveway or garage. Especially now that there are curbs - this will make things even more difficult to implement.

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/...Leak-Pics-1.jpg
On the bottom right picture you can see that the grass verge along the edge of the road is missing as if to leave room for driveway access onto the lot even though there are no signs of a driveway or vehicle on the lot at all.
If there are going to be driveways and vehicles then it seems that we may be limited in where we can place them on a lot.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#403 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thanks Menaceman, that does look like it might be an option for a driveway.

And you're right, it does look rather limiting. Which fits right in to the rest of how this game is shaping up. /bitter

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#404 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluelady
Sometimes I think I'm the last person on Earth still running XP.

I have ALL the feels relating to the Sims 4. Mostly pessimism. Really, *the shiny!* was what got me to transfer from 2 to 3. Now the graphics have gone down a strange new avenue and the game play is too different to be comfortable.

Darn it, EA, I'm old. I don't like change unless it's pretty and nostalgic in the good way.

Digging the llama reference though.

You are not. Here is my desktop right now:

:p
Alchemist
#405 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
You are not. Here is my desktop right now:

You have Sims 2 Double Deluxe too? High five!
Mad Poster
#406 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 10:58 PM
Still running XP?? Wut.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#407 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:14 PM
i also run XP.. my desktop is too cluttered to show
Scholar
#408 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:18 PM
There's some new pics on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...=3&l=276736939a

CAS pictures from today @ Gamescom, courtesy of Sims Supply

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#409 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:21 PM
Reading the whole thread I noticed that every Sims player here has its own preferences (building houses, worlds or making sims) and according to that everyone has his/her wishes to have in Sims 4.
At this point I'm not sure what to think yet. The pics didn't make me happy because of the hair. (but reading HP said about it, I'll wait). I'm sure Sims community will make its own custom content (hopefully that will be possible) to ameliorate and customize the game to everybody's tasting. How comforting!
As I began to play with Sims 1, finding a.o. this site I always used mods and custom content in my game. One of the things I like best about Sims3 was the CASt. Without that it will not be any fun. Scrolling through long rows of same dresses or recolors of hair. No way.
Then I saw the video, the sliders, multi-tasking and the overall looks of the sims, I liked it, well kind of.
Guess I just wait and see.
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:26 PM
I wonder if the developers chose to go with a more cartoony look for the game because of their inability to effectively do "realism" with the Sims 3. I'm super torn in regards to how the Sims themselves look (and to some extent the graphics in general) but at the same time I'm thinking that less realism will mean better functinality over all for the game.
Mad Poster
#411 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak

I'm still in XP as well, but my desktop is a Dr. Who Tardis. I'm an XP-loving time lord.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Alchemist
#412 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:40 PM
Considering how many simmers are XP users, I'm surprised EA is so quick to move on and cater to tablet and Windows 8 users.

Hey, EA...this is where the money's at!
Instructor
#413 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:09 AM
I was using XP until just a few months ago (now using Windows 7). I don't plan on *ever* using Windows 8 on a desktop, it's for tablets.
Lab Assistant
#414 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:12 AM
I've seen a .gifset of the "trailer" doing the rounds on tumblr a few times already, and I'm very, VERY concerned for the people who think that's what the game is going to look like.

Like, I thought it was common sense that videogame trailers are not to be trusted, but apparently not.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#415 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:17 AM
CAS:

Thanks to "The Sims Supply". Tons more shots here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...=3&l=276736939a

I absolutely love how fluid and clean the UI is.
Test Subject
#416 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:23 AM
Theorist
#417 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RafreaknRa
More pics by Centrum:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...=3&l=824727cb39
I want to like this game but if my sims are making bleeping dumbass faces and acting stupid all of the time -- like in these pictures -- I'm not going to be able to stand it. For the love of llamas, EA, give me a new sims game to buy!

ETA:
I can't believe you guys like these pictures! I'm going to be playing Sims 2 forever. *cries some more*
Mad Poster
#418 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:51 AM.
So those are all the tops we get? If that is the case, we are indeed going to need a CAST tool, lol. I suppose it's possible that they are planning on making several more...

Edit: I agree that the dumbass faces, smirks, grimaces, whatever, are really exceedingly dumbass, way beyond where they should be going.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Top Secret Researcher
#419 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
I wish that were true Rian (about including the animation of the cars driving off a lot), but I have zero faith in this game now. We've already seen that it appears objects are still being pulled out of Sims' butts (the violin & voodoo doll). I have no faith that EA will pay animators to re-create the driving animations from TS2. =(

Also, even though we've only seen two houses from TS4, I've seen no hint of a driveway or garage. Especially now that there are curbs - this will make things even more difficult to implement.

Sims 2 had driving animations? I remember the car leaving the lot and disappearing. In Sims 3, it doesn't pull out of the driveway but it at least drives to the destination. I would much prefer both, leaving driveway and driving to destination in an open world. Given a choice between one or the other, I like the driving on the street. I could care less about seeing the car pull out of the driveway. Sorry..but cars on the roads make the world alive. So...really, if we don't have an open world..who cares what the cars do.
Mad Poster
#420 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:09 AM
that is a shame that it was built to be an mmo so the graphics look like an online game. and everything else is less than impressive.
Test Subject
#421 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:31 AM
Hmm, in the second to last picture, one of the shirt options is for a black jacket. In the last one, she's wearing the same jacket but in brown. Hopefully that means we can at least recolor stuff.
Scholar
#422 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I want to like this game but if my sims are making bleeping dumbass faces and acting stupid all of the time -- like in these pictures -- I'm not going to be able to stand it. For the love of llamas, EA, give me a new sims game to buy!

ETA:
I can't believe you guys like these pictures! I'm going to be playing Sims 2 forever. *cries some more*

I dont know what to feel anymore. I agree with you, but I like the pictures, but I feel the same way, but this all has great potential, but I know ill be with TS2 forever, but I dont want to be. FFFUUUU.
I hate this series so much. The worst thing to ever happen to me was going to my friends house and playing TS1 that one day. WHY.

And if I see that ugly ass ratchet hat EA is so obsessed with in one more promo shot im gonna flip out.
Instructor
#423 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:42 AM
By the way, here are some more pictures of CAS.
Mad Poster
#424 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
And if I see that ugly ass ratchet hat EA is so obsessed with in one more promo shot im gonna flip out.

Is it even that popular in fashion? I can't recall seeing anyone wearing that kind of hat in real life, except for maybe a few elders on occasion.
Field Researcher
#425 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Is it even that popular in fashion? I can't recall seeing anyone wearing that kind of hat in real life, except for maybe a few elders on occasion.

I think it was popular with balding gay men in like 2007
Page 17 of 32