Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 4684 times.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:13 AM
Is "into the future" the last expansion pack?
Sorry if there is a thread on this.
Does anyone know if "into the future" is the last sims 3 expansion pack?
I have a sinking feeling it is. If it is I am rather bummed out.

Ta for answers
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:20 AM
Yes. Sorry.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 6:06 AM
Yep. EA confirmed that Movie Stuff is the last SP and Future is the last EP.

They are ending development of the sims 3 generation.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 6:41 AM
It's not definite at this point, but we're gonna really need to scream and shout to get the game complete. If everyone just says 'ah well' then it probably will be.

TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 6:56 AM
I've heard no official word from EA saying anything was the last of anything for the Sims 3, only for the year, but it is EXTREMELY likely that these are the last 2 packs for this generation, not only the year.

->>Neon Light Designs - A Sims 3 Design Blog<<-
----------------------------------------------------------
Latest Update: Helluva Hacienda Remake
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 7:12 AM
Sadly,but yes.I don't think they will do OFB or something else,cuz they put all they attention to sims4 and left sim3 unfinished(no wonder for this, it's EA manner to release games incompleted)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 7:32 AM
Yessir Into the Future is the last EP. I'm sure it will be a fitting end to TS3...

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Forum Resident
#8 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I've heard no official word from EA saying anything was the last of anything for the Sims 3, only for the year, but it is EXTREMELY likely that these are the last 2 packs for this generation, not only the year.

One of the "Sim Guru`s" on SimsVIP confirmed it as a FAQ.

Its def true. Its a shame. We all wanted an Open For Business EP.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 11:45 AM
Not all of us wanted an OFB type expansion.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 12:25 PM
Yes, it's the last Sims 3 EP. Fitting though, how the future in that game can be altered.

The only other game I remember having a similar themed was Sonic CD.
You had to go to the past, knock out the robot generator to remove the robots
and the Metal Sonic oppressor to free the small animals and if you did both
in first two acts (knock out both generators in both acts), the third act
(the boss level) would take place in the Good Future.

Besides, Ambitions was the answer for Open for Business.

Still Looking Forward to A New Game.

BTW, Kardashian family, you did nothing to earn your 15 minutes, so they're null and void
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer85
Not all of us wanted an OFB type expansion.

I think we can say 'most of us' though.

And, Ambitions was a very distant cousin to Open for Business. They wouldn't even know each other if they walked past.

Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:38 PM
i think it is, sims 4 is comming out "soon" so they won't work on sims 3 stuff anymore
Theorist
#13 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemiga
Sadly,but yes.I don't think they will do OFB or something else,cuz they put all they attention to sims4 and left sim3 unfinished(no wonder for this, it's EA manner to release games incompleted)

What's unfinished about the game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:19 PM
That sux
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyinbmore

You've got a town, with no stores.

Instructor
#16 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 6:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyinbmore

No OFB weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 7:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
You've got a town, with no stores.

There are store and more shopping is coming through the last EP and the new world. At least it was hinted the store world comes with shopping.

I think our only hope for more items with interactions will come from the store. At least if TS4 is delayed (and I trust EA to delay it 2 moths before launch). EA needs money from simmers. Unless they are working now on a new EP that they will release as plan B if TS4 is delayed, they won't have time to make an EP between IF and TS4. But, they can always make new store content.
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
It's not definite at this point, but we're gonna really need to scream and shout to get the game complete. If everyone just says 'ah well' then it probably will be.

Scream and shout to make the Sims 4 base game complete. Asking for more Sims 3 expansion packs at this point is only going to encourage EA to keep using EPs as an excuse to break the base game up into multiple parts.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:27 PM
After we get shops, what else could they possibly give us that we don't already have?

Carnivals and Amusement Parks. The group activities!

Scholar
#20 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:34 PM
Quote:
After we get shops, what else could they possibly give us that we don't already have?

Will the shops allow you to set your employee's uniform? Will you be able to pick the items on a restaurant's menu? Will you be able to own a gym/art gallery and charge other sims an entrance fee?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:59 PM
It's places to go, now own. While I'd love to do all of that, it's clear that EA either don't want to provide that kind of experience, or they aren't allowed. While not every player wants to run a business, it's did provide players with opportunity to flesh out their towns much more. With the open world, it'd be a perfect fit.

Scholar
#22 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 11:54 PM
Quote:
It's places to go, now own. While I'd love to do all of that, it's clear that EA either don't want to provide that kind of experience, or they aren't allowed. While not every player wants to run a business, it's did provide players with opportunity to flesh out their towns much more. With the open world, it'd be a perfect fit.

How would EA not be allowed?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 1:05 AM
Someone is telling them no. Someone there probably wants to.

Pattern Pusher
staff: retired moderator
#24 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 1:38 AM
Quote:
I think we can say 'most of us' though.

Not without some evidence :O Well, you can SAY it, but it doesn't have any more validity than the other 99% of statistics on the internet which are made up on the spot.

Unless of course you've defined "us" in some special way that includes mostly people that you know agree with you

From what I remember of the TS2 forums, in "which is your favorite EP" polls before TS3 was out, OFB typically came in the bottom half. However, It tended to polarize people: the people who liked it REALLY liked it, but the people who disliked it REALLY hated it. Probably because the gameplay was radically different from everything else in the game. *shrug*

Not that it matters; some people like it, and they're welcome to that opinion Just saying... as I learned in school, quantitative statements require quantitative evidence
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 1:55 AM
Was this bottom half before Supernatural, Pets or Seasons? Polls like that really are hard to read because if you take one thing out of the equation it would change the results. I would guess all three of those packs were higher than OFB, but once some players had their favorite EP in their hands or confirmed, they might vote differently on the poll.
Page 1 of 2

Section jump